Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Ro-76

fdevine wrote: »
    Use the radar thing on the left to locate the urns. Pan left or right until the dot is centred and scroll your mouse to zoom in. Most are quite obvious

If like me cricket isn't your thing, the answers can be found with a quick Google. They repeat often and the third question is always "on sky sports"

Thanks for that. I was using safari. Switched to chrome and can see radar and urns no prob. Great find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    What plugin did you use for Netflix?
    I can get listings but nothing plays - afaik, Netflix blocked unofficial 3rd party plugins from working?

Ah I jumped the gun sorry, it doesnt work for me either.
    I assumed when I got it installed and could see the listings that all would be ok.
    I think the file I used was quite old though, it doesnt even play from my plex server so no chance on the roku.
    It doesnt bother me to be honest as I have an apple tv for netflix but I find plex quite flaky on the apple tv and it seems more stable on the roku.
    I got the disney channel working aswell on plex so the kids are happy.

Sorry if I built anyones hopes up for netflix have been trying since Saturday to get it working and just didnt post back...

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭eboarde

The box arrived yesterday and I set it up. Its works perfectly. Thanks to TheInspector for spotting this and to dublin-texas for figuring out how to change the DNS on the UPC Cisco router (simple to do).

I signed up for the 6 months movies for £15- and am using Unblock US for my DNS (I use them already for US Netflix via Apple TV). I can get iPlayer and 5OD with no issues.

I've not tried installing Plex yet but will do so soon.

Thanks again to everyone who posted!

eboarde

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

eboarde wrote: »
    The box arrived yesterday and I set it up. Its works perfectly. Thanks to TheInspector for spotting this and to dublin-texas for figuring out how to change the DNS on the UPC Cisco router (simple to do).

I signed up for the 6 months movies for £15- and am using Unblock US for my DNS (I use them already for US Netflix via Apple TV). I can get iPlayer and 5OD with no issues.

eboarde

When did you order yours?

MJ434 wrote: »
    When did you order yours?

Last Wednesday 31st July

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭finnteme

My royal post tracking has the same text since 5.8.2013.. has arrived to National Sorting center.. hopefully it will be delivered soon to my PM.. cant wait..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Cheers. Appears to accept each code :)

Have you managed to input multiple codes on the one user account?

I validated, but did not start, one pass. Don't seem to be getting the option to validate another code. When I log in it just gives the option to start the pass I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Hank Moody

Do you just use these passes when you want to watch Sports or do you have to activate them before hand?

As far as I can tell you activate the pass, which is then valid for 12 months, allowing you to view all six SS channels for 24 hours, but the 24 hour period does not start until you select "START MY PASS"

The free ones mentioned above are supposed to be for the Ashes but there is no mention of expiry on the codes unless it's in the T&Cs

As far as I can tell you activate the pass, which is then valid for 12 months, allowing you to view all six SS channels for 24 hours, but the 24 hour period does not start until you select "START MY PASS"

The free ones mentioned above are supposed to be for the Ashes but there is no mention of expiry on the codes unless it's in the T&Cs

I got as far as start my pass and hit back as im not ready to watch anything but I don't see the code stored anywhere or any mention of it in my account

• Advertisement

Ahhh got thanks :) I can only seem to enter one though.

Me too. Think some people (not necessarily here) are using multiple accounts & email addresses

Bearing in mind this promo will run for the 4th & 5th tests there will be plenty of opportunity to pick up more.

£100 worth so far. If they expire it's no drama.

PASSES EXPIRE ON 26th AUGUST

T&Cs
    This promotion is open to residents of UK, Isle of Man, Channel Island and Republic of Ireland residents, aged 18 years or over. Proof of age may be required. Employees (or family members of employees) of any British Sky Broadcasting Group company ("Sky"), Huggity LTD and all affiliates of such companies can enter the promotion but will not be eligible to win any prizes.
    1. In order to take part in the competition all entrants need to provide a valid email address.
    2. This competition runs until Monday, 26th August 2013 at 1200 hours UK time. Entries received after this time will not be considered valid. Sky & Huggity LTD are not responsible or liable for any late, lost or misdirected entries, or entries not received by Sky or Huggity LTD for any reason whatsoever. Incomplete or unreadable entries will be disregarded.
    3. The first 1000 people to tag themselves on any of the 5 Sky Sports FanPics taken during the Investec Ashes Tests will be awarded a Sky Sports NOW TV day pass. The pass is valid for the duration of the Investec Ashes Tests and will expire on 26th August 2013
    4. An individual can submit only one entry per Test. Each pass awarded is only valid until the 26th August 2013.
    5. In order to enter this prize draw, players must collect points by tagging themselves and/or playing games on the Sky & Huggity LTD FanPic.
    6. Persons entering the competition will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
    7. Entries must be strictly in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any entry not in strict accordance with these terms and conditions will be deemed to be invalid and no prizes will be awarded in respect of any such entry.
    8. The promoters of this competition is British Sky Broadcasting Limited, Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD and Huggity LTD, Guinness Enterprise Centre, Taylor's Lane, Dublin 8, Ireland.
    9. Sky and Huggity Ltd. accepts no responsibility or liability for entries or information relating to entries that are lost or undelivered to Huggity Ltd.
    10. The winner of the passes will be selected on a first come, first served basis. The winners will receive a Pass Code by email once they have provided their email address. Sky & Huggity LTD’s decision as to the winner of the prize draw will be final and no correspondence will be entered into with any entrant.
    11. In circumstances where Sky and/or Huggity LTD has been unable to contact the winner Sky and/or Huggity LTD reserves the right to select another winner.
    12. There will be (details of prizes). One winner will be chosen at the discretion of Sky & Huggity LTD for each prize.
    13. No cash or other alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable.
    14. Sky & Huggity LTD reserves the right at their sole discretion to alter the prize or substitute the prize with cash to the same value for any reason and without notification. In the event that the winner declines the prize awarded to him/her, Sky & Huggity may award the prize to another entrant.
    15. Sky & Huggity LTD. reserves the right to verify, at any time during or after the closing of the promotion, the validity of all entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process.
    16. By accepting the prize, the winner grants Sky & Huggity LTD the right to use and publish his/her name and picture in such media as Sky & Huggity LTD may choose for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration. Sky & Huggity LTD may also publish and/or disclose the results of the prize draw including the winner's name and details of entry.
    17. Sky & Huggity LTD reserves the right to suspend or terminate the competition or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any valid technical or commercial reason.
    18. All entries become the property of the Sky & Huggity LTD and will not be returned. Sky & Huggity LTD data protection policy and these Conditions of Entry govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in connection with this promotion. The Promoter may use information it collects in relation to you to provide you with information regarding further offers, promotions or goods and services provided by the Promoter and/or the Promoter’s partners and sponsors.
    19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the Sky & Huggity LTD and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for sending (name of client) news and product information where the competition entrant has opted in to do so.
    This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion
    20. You can contact the Promoter in relation to this promotion by mail or by emailing info@huggity.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

How do you change the DNS on the UPC Cisco router?

eboarde

UPC Cisco modem password
    Default Settings

Login URL: http://192.168.1.1
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>
    [Thanks Mister Gooey :D]

There is a tab at the top - "LAN Setup" and I changed LAN 1 Static DNS 1 , 2 and 3 without a problem and now it works fine. [Thanks dublin-texas :D]

Don't forget to reboot it

I didn't need the password below but have included it just in case

There is an “Advanced” tab which will ask for another Username & Password:
    Username: admin
    Password: W2402

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

UPC Cisco modem password
    Default Settings

Login URL: http://192.168.1.1
    Username: <blank>
    Password: <blank>
    [Thanks Mister Gooey :D]

There is a tab at the top - "LAN Setup" and I changed LAN 1 Static DNS 1 , 2 and 3 without a problem and now it works fine. [Thanks dublin-texas :D]

Don't forget to reboot it

I didn't need the password below but have included it just in case

There is an “Advanced” tab which will ask for another Username & Password:
    Username: admin
    Password: W2402

Hope this helps

If you have the Cisco EPC 3925 than you can directly open the relevant page with http://192.168.1.1/LanSetup.asp .

Just make sure to reboot the modem and give it some time to reconnect.

For unotelly make sure you sue a dynamo server to make the most out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Does anyone know where there is a list of all the apps available or can someone who has it put up a list.

EDIT: Found a list here
    http://www.strayed.co.uk/2013/07/29/now-tv-box-full-list-of-available-channels/

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Have you managed to input multiple codes on the one user account?

I validated, but did not start, one pass. Don't seem to be getting the option to validate another code. When I log in it just gives the option to start the pass I have.

I ended up in similar scenario. Not used the couple of codes I have yet. Just validated to see if it would accept them. Also according to the email I received they are valid till Sep 2nd but this is confusing as it says they can be used for 12 months from validation. No record of these on my account.

Thanks again OP. Literally just received a text from PM to say my box has arrived for collection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Guys I have searched using the word Plex, and the word shared and can't see an answer, so please don't flame me if this has been discussed!!!

Will this work with a shared Plex library, or only if running the Plex Media Server locally?
    I have a Boxee box for my own use, but I run PMS for a few family members and was wondering if they got the box, can they access their shared library as with other Plex clients, or is it on local network only?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Firstly thanks to the OP for a great find!

Secondly what is involved in setting it up? I have heard you need a UK Roku account, is that true and if so how do you do it?

• Advertisement

gtg60 wrote: »
    Firstly thanks to the OP for a great find!

Secondly what is involved in setting it up? I have heard you need a UK Roku account, is that through and if so how do you do it?

Now TV works straight out of the box, you need to sign-up for a NOW TV account which up to last weekend (and maybe still) gives you 6 months of movies for £15-.

To get iPlayer or 5OD you need a UK DNS which you can get via a number if suppliers (see previous posts). You cannot change the DNS on the NOW TV box so you have to change it on your router.

I've not signed up for Roku account yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

I have entered a UK DNS on my router, one that was given on Boards but I can't remember the name or which thread it was in. I can access iPlayer on my PC, laptop and phone but not on the Roku box, I get the geolocation error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Got it this morning via PM - no time to give it a thorough test yet.

Note - before you panic - despite what the manual says, the LED does NOT flash slowly on power-on, nor does it flash every time the remote is pressed.
    Also on mine the supplied batteries were dead - I though the remote was dead until I tried some fresh batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Got it this morning via PM - no time to give it a thorough test yet.

Note - before you panic - despite what the manual says, the LED does NOT flash slowly on power-on, nor does it flash every time the remote is pressed.
    Also on mine the supplied batteries were dead - I though the remote was dead until I tried some fresh batteries.
    My batteries too, although I swapped them with the ones from my tv remote and it worked with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Anyone got a working SkyGo on this yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I got mine by PM today, I just set it up and iplayer is working with my router set up with unblock-us.

Plex installed but it can't stream any of the movies, plex is installed on my nsa310.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭konline

I have successfully installed 'MyVideoBuzz' and watching Youtube on NowTV. I have followed the steps given in the following link.

http://www.strayed.co.uk/2013/08/03/add-myvideobuzz-for-youtube-on-now-tv-and-roku/

Tip:
    MyVideoBuzz application will not be installed automatically because the contents in the Zip file are one folder up. Copy the files and create a new zip file as shown in the screenshot and upload the file like Plex.

Note that it will replace Plex if you have already installed it. Please do this at your own risk.

You can just install the Youtube plugin on Plex if you want to have both Youtube and Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

OP said that a Now TV account was free - but when I go to the site it seems to only offer a Sky free month of movies or a days Sports, no way to sign up and get a Now TV username without one of these.
    I don't trust Sky to accept my cancellation in time - bad memories - so is there any way to get a NowTV username without giving a credit card to Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭dogtoffee

Got mine at weekend plex installed
    I have an eircom D1000 Modem can someone help me to change dns

Advertisement