Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

I cant get BBC iPlayer to work - I still get "geolocation" error.
    I have changed the DNS settings on my router using the tunlr.net DNS servers, I have also tried OpenDNS without success
    Would someone give me a few pointers please
    Ollie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

iisollie wrote: »

AFAIK Tunlr does not support iPlayer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

Just setting this up, can anyone recommend some of the apps?

Sideload plex if you have another computer to run as a server. Otherwise sideload myvidebuzz. Then setup unotelly to use iplayer, 4od, 5ondemand thats used most in our house. 4od works without unotelly but a few programs won't be available. I ocasionally look at vimeo and use spotify.
    noodler wrote: »
    I have to say, just on this point, I gorged somewhat on the NOWTV movies during my trial on so-called blockbusters or movies I thought I wanted to see. Very few of them lived up to expectations, Argo and Lincoln were two that stood out.

Basically, box office and blockbuster just seems to matter a hell of a lot less to me these days. Just because I think I want to see a movie, or because I have heard of it rarely translate into 'great movie'.

This sounds like a Netflix defender portraying a negative of the service as a positive but there is far more variation.

I only watch 2-4 movies a month and struggled to find something to watch on netflix I hadn't already seen, now tv has a load of crap but generally theres a couple of decent movies a month. There are loads of family movies for watching with the kids I think that is their strength. The only thing our kids miss about netflix is the youngest misses caillou :eek:
    iisollie wrote: »
    I cant get BBC iPlayer to work - I still get "geolocation" error.
    I have changed the DNS settings on my router using the tunlr.net DNS servers, I have also tried OpenDNS without success
    Ollie

Unotelly is the best way to get the player working, they have specific settings for now tv. I linked earlier how to get it for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

glasso wrote: »
    does anyone know of a way to stream websites to the now tv box. I tried playto lite but it only lets you use certain sources.... I want to stream flash video content to the box. any help appreciated. thanks.
    Does the raw stream file start with http://?

Does the raw stream file start with http://?

it would just be a www address so I guess so- why...? a page witha a flash window inside of it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Cheers for the tips, unfortunately my Chromebook doesn't allow me to find the plex file.

How do I go about sideloading myvideobuzz?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

glasso wrote: »
    it would just be a www address so I guess so- why...? a page witha a flash window inside of it...

PM the page if you can. Or the site you're using. Is it from one of our subscription based friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 tommyhamill14

is there a contract with now tv or can you just pay 9.99 when you want to watch sky sports for 24 hours

is there a contract with now tv or can you just pay 9.99 when you want to watch sky sports for 24 hours

No contract, you can get sports passes on ebay for about £3

where can I buy a number of sky sports day passes

• Advertisement

if I buy 14 now tv sports passes on ebay how do I watch the actual sport

if I buy 14 now tv sports passes on ebay how do I watch the actual sport

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-TV-news-and-information/NOW-TV-Sky-Sports-Day-Pass-Help-and-Info/td-p/79288

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Strange that there's no skygo app.

@ Moodrater,thanks for all the help

can you definitely activate a now tv box and sports passes in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

can you definitely activate a now tv box and sports passes in Ireland

Yes, i've been subscribed to the Movies for the past 6 months and bought 1 sports day pass as well as a few free ones i've gotten in the past. All with an Irish account and card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Can I use this box to stream online sports?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Can I use this box to stream online sports?

Thanks

If you pay for a now tv Sports pass you can....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Never knew you could get the day passes so cheap. Defo gonna pick up one of these little things now.

Quick question about the day pass. Is it from midnight to midnight, or 24 hours from time activated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

Soarer wrote: »
    Never knew you could get the day passes so cheap. Defo gonna pick up one of these little things now.

Quick question about the day pass. Is it from midnight to midnight, or 24 hours from time activated?

I got loads on ebay for £1 and upwards.
    (carling promo codes).
    email code usually comes thru pretty quickly:)

concubar wrote: »
    I got loads on ebay for £1 and upwards.
    (carling promo codes).
    email code usually comes thru pretty quickly:)

Nice one.

What about my quick question? ;)

24hr from activation,

I think you can preload some codes and activate them when you want ?

That's cool.

Would've been cool for today. Liverpool game earlier and the Super Bowl now.

ps3 , ebay , code , ready to go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭kumar_aq

concubar wrote: »
    ps3 , ebay , code , ready to go ?

Yes worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Seems you need to keep an eye on these guys.

I turned off autorenew on my account but checked back before my free pass ended to make sure I wasn't going to be charged again.It looked like it was going to auto renew anyway however so I manually cancelled it. I'm sure it went through as I got an offer for 6.99 a month if I came back to them.
    Then today I checked the account and they took 8:99 off me anyway and auto renewed the sub.
    They've said they'll refund it when I contacted them now. However looks like its a good idea to keep an eye on your account. :)

Seems you need to keep an eye on these guys.

I turned off autorenew on my account but checked back before my free pass ended to make sure I wasn't going to be charged again.It looked like it was going to auto renew anyway however so I manually cancelled it. I'm sure it went through as I got an offer for 6.99 a month if I came back to them.
    Then today I checked the account and they took 8:99 off me anyway and auto renewed the sub.
    They've said they'll refund it when I contacted them now. However looks like its a good idea to keep an eye on your account. :)

Loads of posts about this on the forum, people that changed their bank details also had them changed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

moodrater wrote: »
    Loads of posts about this on the forum, people that changed their bank details also had them changed back.

Wow thats pretty poor. The least you should be able to expect with a company like Sky is the confidence that your credit card details be used only according to your wishes.

• Advertisement

do you need to firstly have a now tv film month pass or can I just register for sport

Advertisement