Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NowTV Box(Roku LT) - £10.00 inc (€11.89) new model £14.99

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭moodrater

beauf wrote: »
    Did Game of Thrones appear on this when the last series was running?

I think this box is a little underpowered. The UI is fine. But the playback of movies and the TV shows has the tiniest bit of judder that I don't get on Netflix over the same wifi. Seems to settle after a while. But I notice it from time to time.

No issues like that here it does have a relatively small buffer if your connection is variable I suppose the bffer might run out, most lightly thing is poor wifi reception though check in the connection status.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

connection status on what the NowTV box? Where is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Update- now got it working though the NowTV app on LG TV. Its much better than the box. TV is hard wired to my router. Maybe my Wifi (though it is N) isn't the greatest.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

Bought Sky Sports vouchers from seller on Ebay. Works out at about €3 for each 24 hour pass. Used first one today and working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,279 ✭✭✭✭noodler

dlnv27 wrote: »
    Bought Sky Sports vouchers from seller on Ebay. Works out at about €3 for each 24 hour pass. Used first one today and working perfectly.

Could you link to the relevant seller?

See a few online and would like to use one that has proven honest.

BTW: How on earth are these people getting these things cheap enough to sell on??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dlnv27

These are the ones I bought.(http://www.ebay.ie/itm/310837598361?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649) Looks like he has sold out but he has a sky movie 3 month pass

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭manutd83

Is the entertainment pack on the app on the ps3 and its 4.99 sterling if i sign up by march,anybody know what it will be going up to otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

noodler wrote: »
    Could you link to the relevant seller?

See a few online and would like to use one that has proven honest.

BTW: How on earth are these people getting these things cheap enough to sell on??

I'm living in scotland...If you get 10 cans of carling for £8 you get a free sky sports day pass....you can only use 5 of these though so double check if the seller is using these...one seller i bought them off was using these, another wasn't....

you can only use 5 per box...so cheaper to buy 5 and then get a new box when finished than to pay £10 a go! i've used two sellers and they were both fine, make sure and question if they are the carling promotion though, and only buy 5 of these!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I just bought off this guy, codes were in my email addy within 20 mins.
    great seller and he seems to have a few.
    hope this helps a few of you guys
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/montymoon483

ps, i dont know him. i just got the 2 sports deals and thought it was a good deal. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

daytob wrote: »

ps, i dont know him. i just got the 2 sports deals and thought it was a good deal. :D

have just tried this guy too. codes all received. works out at about €3 for the 24hr pass (bargain!)

can i check the codes without activating?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Is there any setting for DNS on this device? That would make iPlayer and Demand 5 work here.

Setting custom DNS on your router might do the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

syklops wrote: »

This is the one thing stopping me from buying this. I can't set custom DNS on my Sky hub as it's stupidly locked down. So as this device also doesn't allow DNS modifications it fairly limits it's use to me. I could connect through a VPN gateway but that means connecting via a pc/laptop which would be a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

syklops wrote: »

The all illusive bbc iplayer work, here in the South, with nowtv, through plex, and a subscription to unotelly or any dns/vpn service.
    In fact it works quite well.
    Your computer will have to be running somewhere in the house to serve Plex.

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

sfag31 wrote: »
    The all illusive bbc iplayer work, here in the South, with nowtv, through plex, and a subscription to unotelly or any dns/vpn service.

can you have plex and youtube apps on nowtv or just one or the other?

can you have plex and youtube apps on nowtv or just one or the other?

One or the other, but you can get youtube via the plex plugin.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭WHL

sfag31 wrote: »

What router are you using. I can't change the DNS on my UPC router so I was hoping to get the BBC iPlayer on the NowTV with Unotelly and UnoVPN but it doesn't seem to work

WHL wrote: »
    What router are you using. I can't change the DNS on my UPC router so I was hoping to get the BBC iPlayer on the NowTV with Unotelly and UnoVPN but it doesn't seem to work

You can put the upc modem in bridge mode and use another router.

daytob wrote: »
    I just bought off this guy, codes were in my email addy within 20 mins.
    great seller and he seems to have a few.
    hope this helps a few of you guys

have just tried this guy too. codes all received. works out at about €3 for the 24hr pass (bargain!)

can i check the codes without activating?

Little help?

Trying to order codes from that guy but ebay won't let me because I am in Ireland and the guy hasn't specified a delivery method to Ireland (I know they'd be sent by email!)

Little help?

Trying to order codes from that guy but ebay won't let me because I am in Ireland and the guy hasn't specified a delivery method to Ireland (I know they'd be sent by email!)

You can just change your address to anything uk e.g. parcel motel as theres no actual product shipped so it doesn't matter.
    I got my movies codes from http://www.ebay.com/usr/mmush he has better prices, restockes every ouple of days. Unofficially he offers a better rate offline £8 for the movies and £2 for sports offline if you wanted to chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, how do you set Plex up on the NowTV box?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sidd wrote: »
    Sorry if this seems like a silly question, how do you set Plex up on the NowTV box?

Post one of this thread now has all the info you could possibly need. Probably.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Sidd wrote: »

Check video on 1st post also check tutorial on post 28

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Does the Sky Sports stream in HD?

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Does the Sky Sports stream in HD?

No.

It is decent quality though.

Is there a third party now tv app? One thatll work on all android devices and not just the limited few the official app works on?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

No.

It is decent quality though.

I'll stick with my current set up so. HD stream (sopcast) and MacBook Pro hooked up to HDTV via HDMI. Watching Chelsea v United now in perfect HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I'll stick with my current set up so. HD stream (sopcast) and MacBook Pro hooked up to HDTV via HDMI. Watching Chelsea v United now in perfect HD.

Bloodzeed on Acestream is more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

The Auto Renew option seems to have disappeared on the box - I am almost certain I selected OFF for Auto Renew when I got the box last month but I have now been charged a months fee
    Anyone else having this issue?

(BTW - I had an issue a few weeks ago where it signed me up for a day sports pass even though I have Payment PIN set up on the box and unless my 20 month old child got hold of the remote and pressed the correct pin then it seems like another bug - they refunded me for that and claimed that I must have signed up via a special offer on the website which is bull)

Just be aware that they seem to be doing there utmost to keep people in the paid service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

tui0hcg wrote: »
    The Auto Renew option seems to have disappeared on the box - I am almost certain I selected OFF for Auto Renew when I got the box last month but I have now been charged a months fee
    Anyone else having this issue?

(BTW - I had an issue a few weeks ago where it signed me up for a day sports pass even though I have Payment PIN set up on the box and unless my 20 month old child got hold of the remote and pressed the correct pin then it seems like another bug - they refunded me for that and claimed that I must have signed up via a special offer on the website which is bull)

Just be aware that they seem to be doing there utmost to keep people in the paid service

Yup I found the same,I definitely did not click auto renew and yet I just happened to log into NowTV on Saturday to find that they were starting my next pass and I'd be charged the following day.

Advertisement