Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining 48 (Is it good value for money)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What's tethering?

Using the phone as a wireless hotspot to share the data with another device.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

mcw92 wrote: »
    Using the phone as a wireless hotspot to share the data with another device.

I've done that. I used my mobile as wifi for my laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've done that. I used my mobile as wifi for my laptop

OK cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

Having serious trouble getting my internet working on 48, I've entered the correct APN settings and nothing. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S GTI9000, used to run 2.2 Froyo but it's rooted and now running Slimbean 4.3, so I guess the instructions are suited to the old firmware. I tried using more up to date APN settings and still nothing. 5GB of data I can't use!! Thanks for any advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Having serious trouble getting my internet working on 48, I've entered the correct APN settings and nothing. My phone is Samsung Galaxy S GTI9000, used to run 2.2 Froyo but it's rooted and now running Slimbean 4.3, so I guess the instructions are suited to the old firmware. I tried using more up to date APN settings and still nothing. 5GB of data I can't use!! Thanks for any advice
    Post on the help section on website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

After the recent outage, my phone could make calls/texts etc but no internet. Couldn't figure it out until I realised that the APN name had changed to tescomobile.com (or similar). I didn't change it... All the other settings were as per the 48 settings.

I just retyped the correct name and it fixed the problem? Might work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'm on 48 since they started and they're brilliant. I'm on the basic tenner a month plan (all calls and texts, 20min landlines)and the only trouble I had was last week when everyone was cut off for 12hrs or so. Great online customer service and signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I have the same phone ,took me ages to get it going.
    The settings they have posted on their website are wrong,you need to enter default,* as APN Type.

Advertisement