Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining 48 (Is it good value for money)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

PomBear wrote: »
    Bump!

Just a quick question. If I want to switch my number over. How long does it take to happen? Don't want to be left without a working sim for a few days

usually mobile companies say up to 24 hours to cover themselves but normally an hour or so at most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

PomBear wrote: »
    Bump!

Just a quick question. If I want to switch my number over. How long does it take to happen? Don't want to be left without a working sim for a few days

9-5 Monday too Friday is their switch over teams work hours. Normally takes an hour only tho. There is no way you'll be left with out a sim tho as you'll have the new one registered etc and sitting there ready too go. So if you pick up your phone and notice the coverage bar is gone just pop in your 48 sim and your back in buissnes! I just topped up yesterday which is my third month with 48 and I must say I find it outstanding! I'm on the The Don deal and can't belive all the time I can spend on the phone if I was still work Vodafone I'd be usen 20 euro every 2 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I'm interested in this plan as well but a bit confused.

Say you want 'The Don' (€20/month), is the best bet to top up with €25 so €20 goes towards the membership and the extra €5 covers you for the other extra charges you might incur like MMS? If you don't spend all of the €5 on extras, does this carry over to your next month's €20 membership charge?

Dubwat wrote: »

Say you want 'The Don' (€20/month), is the best bet to top up with €25 so €20 goes towards the membership and the extra €5 covers you for the other extra charges you might incur like MMS? If you don't spend all of the €5 on extras, does this carry over to your next month's €20 membership charge?

As ive an iPhone I just use iMessage viber whats app etc too send mms and top up by 20 euro.. Sure theres the odd radio competition I think too enter and remember I don't have "credit" per say but by only spending 20 a month over 20 at least a week ill get over it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MrMac84 wrote: »
    9-5 Monday too Friday is their switch over teams work hours. Normally takes an hour only tho.

I switched over yesterday at 1pm and still not ported over .:(
    My disconnection from my old provider was almost instantaneous .

• Advertisement

Zardoz wrote: »
    I switched over yesterday at 1pm and still not ported over .:(
    My disconnection from my old provider was almost instantaneous .

Have you contacted them? Have you put the 48 sim in too the phone? Have you logged into my48 and checked has your number changed over there?

Have you contacted them? Have you put the 48 sim in too the phone? Have you logged into my48 and checked has your number changed over there?

I have the 48 sim in the phone but it says emergency calls only.
    Status on my48 says Transfer in progress.

I seem to have no luck,the last time I ported over to Vodafone it took a bloody week and loads of calls.
    I was reluctant to change provider because of the downtime but 48hours said it only took 2 hours ,I should have known better.

I seem to have no luck,the last time I ported over to Vodafone it took a bloody week and loads of calls.
    I was reluctant to change provider because of the downtime but 48hours said it only took 2 hours ,I should have known better.

Last thing have you tried contacting 48 via the website? Your the first person ive heard with this issue

Last thing have you tried contacting 48 via the website? Your the first person ive heard with this issue
    I have just done that now ,thanks

I have just done that now ,thanks

Let us know how you get on ive 2 friends changen over soon

• Advertisement

Let us know how you get on ive 2 friends changen over soon
    No word back yet and number still not ported over after 48 hours,very disappointing.

No word back yet and number still not ported over after 48 hours,very disappointing.

I had an extended break from work today. 12:15- 2:00pm and switched my mother over and shes up and running too now( another 10er in my pocket from kick back) so I don't know what's wrong with your sim

I had an extended break from work today. 12:15- 2:00pm and switched my mother over and shes up and running too now( another 10er in my pocket from kick start) so I don't know what's wrong with your sim
    I tried the 48 sim in another non smartphone I had just now and it ported over straight away .:o
    Weird it didnt work in my Galaxy S

I tried the 48 sim in another non smartphone I had just now and it ported over straight away .:o
    Weird it didnt work in my Galaxy S

Is your galaxy unlocked??

Is your galaxy unlocked??
    Yes it is .
    The 48 sim is working in it now .

Yes it is .
    The 48 sim is working in it now .

That's quite a strange one isn't it? Oh well...enjoy 48...I've the ear burned off people from it ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Yes unused credit will carry over.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

What happens when you go go over age 23 in the date of birth you used when signing up? Does it cut you off or just continue as normal for as long as you like as im confused as to if they actually enforce the 18-22 age thing.

Tinie wrote: »
    What happens when you go go over age 23 in the date of birth you used when signing up? Does it cut you off or just continue as normal for as long as you like as im confused as to if they actually enforce the 18-22 age thing.

Good question...
    I think the age thing is just a gimmick tho

Any one else with 48 haven trouble with iMessage and FaceTime not setting up on iPhone ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

Can't make calls for the last few hours, can receive them but can't ring out. What's going on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Can't make calls for the last few hours, can receive them but can't ring out. What's going on?
    We are sorry folks. We are having a problem this evening affecting outgoing calls and intermittently texts. We cannot apologise enough for this. Especially on a Friday evening when you are all trying to sort out what’s happening tonight.

We have had people working really hard on this the past few hours and I am hoping to have some good news for you all shortly. We have a thread on the 48 community started about this so keep checking that for updates:
    http://community.48months.ie/t5/Techie-Updates/Problem-with-our-voice-service/td-p/8831. ~ Damian from 48
    https://www.facebook.com/48GoConquer

That's quite a strange one isn't it? Oh well...enjoy 48...I've the ear burned off people from it ha ha
    And the sim is not working again in my Galaxy S ,no signal .
    This is very annoying ,I have had no signal since last night.
    I tried a Vodafone sim and that works fine but the 48months one says no signal.
    I have no other sin free phone to check the sim in ,its as if it needs to be reactivated every so often in a non smartphone.Very annoying.

And the sim is not working again in my Galaxy S ,no signal .
    This is very annoying ,I have had no signal since last night.
    I tried a Vodafone sim and that works fine but the 48months one says no signal.
    I have no other sin free phone to check the sim in ,its as if it needs to be reactivated every so often in a non smartphone.Very annoying.

Never had a sim
    Issue only a iMessage one and thats resolved! Maybe request a new sim

Never had a sim
    Issue only a iMessage one and thats resolved! Maybe request a new sim

No I think I am going to leave and go to a different provider ,I have had nothing but hassle since I joined them ,I cant afford my phone to be out of action for so long .

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

No I think I am going to leave and go to a different provider ,I have had nothing but hassle since I joined them ,I cant afford my phone to be out of action for so long .

You seem to be very unlucky every time you change provider? I'm reluctant to do the j'accuse thing but maybe it's you, and not the phone companies?

fwiw, I changed over to 48 recently. The first afternoon was a bit stressful because their emails and website were telling me different things. But it sorted itself out automatically within a few hours - I just had to let 'the computers' do their thing...

You seem to be very unlucky every time you change provider? I'm reluctant to do the j'accuse thing but maybe it's you, and not the phone companies?

fwiw, I changed over to 48 recently. The first afternoon was a bit stressful because their emails and website were telling me different things. But it sorted itself out automatically within a few hours - I just had to let 'the computers' do their thing...

I managed to unlock an old phone I have and the 48 sim bizarrely works fine in that .
    I dont know what the hell is going on with it in the Galaxy S ,its baffling.

I managed to unlock an old phone I have and the 48 sim bizarrely works fine in that .
    I dont know what the hell is going on with it in the Galaxy S ,its baffling.

It sounds like a galaxy problem the sim keeps workin

It sounds like a galaxy problem the sim keeps workin

Its very odd ,I bet if I put it back in the Galaxy S it will work fine again ,thats when I find the battery for it,I misplaced it when I threw it against the carpet with rage.:o

• Advertisement

Its very odd ,I bet if I put it back in the Galaxy S it will work fine again ,thats when I find the battery for it,I misplaced it when I threw it against the carpet with rage.:o

Perhaps mishaps like that are too blame for the phone acting up??

Advertisement