Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining 48 (Is it good value for money)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Zardoz

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Perhaps mishaps like that are too blame for the phone acting up??

Unlikely ,I never even had one signal issue with O2 for 18 months using that phone and a Vodafone sim works perfectly in it as does a spare o2 golden sim I have.Its bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

My sister is considering joining 48. At the moment she is prepay with O2. She has registered her details with O2. Checking the 48 site there is an option for porting a number where the details are registered with the previous provider.

As 48 is a subsidiary of Telefonica does anybody forsee a case where the date of birth would be shared between the two companies? Has anybody (over 22) ported from O2 a registered prepay SIM? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I'm pretty sure it's illegal too share info like that and besides the age restriction is just a gimmick as best I can tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

I'm pretty sure it's illegal too share info like that and besides the age restriction is just a gimmick as best I can tell

Hopefully you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Does anyone know if you can port your number over even if you are still in contract? I'm on bill pay with meteor and my contract ends in two months. I was going over my bill a lot every month so got a 48 sim. I'm still going to let my last two meteor bills go out by direct debit but want to start using 48 as I know I'll go over my bill again. I know I can cancel my bill and pay it all off at once but would rather let it go out in two installments!
    Just wondering if there'll be any hassle using my meteor number? Also, I bought my phone in carphone warehouse on pre pay. Will it still be under warranty if I switch to 48?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Yeah I couldnt make calls all day. No noise when I clicked to call for about 5 seconds then a beep and call disconnected. Getting a bit sick of this. Are these issues common with 48?

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭J6P

I'm with them about 1 year and its the first time i've noticed. Apparently the same thing happened last friday though..

I'm with them 4 months and it's the second time in a few days.. My phone says no service

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

I'm with them about 2 weeks and this is the second time... Not a great start for them :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm with them 4 months and it's the second time in a few days.. My phone says no service

I thought my sim had gone wonky again when it was saying no signal .
    This is ridiculous to be honest ,back to smoke signals I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Dubwat

48 piggyback on the O2 network but the O2 network doesn't appear to have had problems until the last hour or so...

https://twitter.com/O2Irl (approx 40mins ago as I type this)
    Hi, some users are experiencing issues with calls and texts. Our engineers are working to resolve this. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

yea twice in the last few days, really needed the mobile today , not impressed!

From 48.ie
    Denise Community Manager
    5:00 PM
    Hi guys,

Unfortunately we're experiencing a serous network issue right now. All calls, texting and internet services are unavailable.

The techie guys are working on fixing this and we should be up and running again very shortly. We’ll keep you updated here on the Community so check the first post in this thread for updates.

We're very sorry about this, thanks for bearing with us while we get it resolved.

Updates:
    02/10/13: 17:25
    Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse. Now all network services are unavailable. So making and receive any calls and texts are not working. You will also be unable to use the internet. This has been give the highest priority and every available resource is working on it. We will have further updates soon.

02/10/13: 17:48
    We are in the process of making a few changes and are hopeful this will restore your ability to receive calls and texts again. I will post here when I have further news.

02/10/13: 18:22
    Our technical staff are still working towards getting this resolved. They are fairly confident that incoming calls and texts should return soon. I'll update as soon as I hear anything else.

02/10/13: 18:55
    Still no good news I'm afraid. We are still working on this and I hope to have an update direct from the engineers any minute now

02/10/13: 19:31
    Sorry folks but we have still not managed to get this sorted yet. We will have a further update shortly after 8pm. The minute we have further news we will let you all know.

I've a feeling it's an o2 issue and they cut 48 off first too try avoid having problems for their customers

02/10/13: 20:10
    Unfortunately we have been just told service will be down until 9pm at the earliest. Things ae happening in the background and I will have a further update around 9pm

We are currently experiencing a major outage across our network resulting in the failure of calls, texts and data. As soon as the issue started at 4:25pm this afternoon, we engaged our service provider, Ericsson, to fix the problem. So far they have yet to identify a fix, but are working with all available resources to do so. We have escalated this to the highest level within the Ericsson organisation so that the very best engineers are working on it.

We know this is bad and particularly so given the issues last Friday. All we can say at this point is that we are pushing as hard as we can to get this resolved as soon as possible. We will continue to provide hourly updates on progress here on the Community.

Hi guys,

Unfortunately we're experiencing a serous network issue right now. All calls, texting and internet services are unavailable.

The techie guys are working on fixing this and we should be up and running again very shortly. We’ll keep you updated here on the Community so check the first post in this thread for updates.

We're very sorry about this, thanks for bearing with us while we get it resolved.

Updates:
    02/10/13: 17:25
    Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worse. Now all network services are unavailable. So making and receive any calls and texts are not working. You will also be unable to use the internet. This has been give the highest priority and every available resource is working on it. We will have further updates soon.

02/10/13: 17:48
    We are in the process of making a few changes and are hopeful this will restore your ability to receive calls and texts again. I will post here when I have further news.

02/10/13: 18:22
    Our technical staff are still working towards getting this resolved. They are fairly confident that incoming calls and texts should return soon. I'll update as soon as I hear anything else.

02/10/13: 18:55
    Still no good news I'm afraid. We are still working on this and I hope to have an update direct from the engineers any minute now

02/10/13: 19:31
    Sorry folks but we have still not managed to get this sorted yet. We will have a further update shortly after 8pm. The minute we have further news we will let you all know.

02/10/13: 20:10
    Unfortunately we have been just told service will be down until 9pm at the earliest. Things ae happening in the background and I will have a further update around 9pm.

02/10/13: 21:05
    Ericsson are continuing to investigate the issue and we don’t have any further information at this point. We will update you again at 10pm.

Still no network here gone since around 4pm today this must be serious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Still no network here gone since around 4pm today this must be serious!

Looks like its gonna be a few hours yet.
    Latest update - 02/10/13 @ 23:27

Investigations have identified a possible cause and we are working on implementing a solution to restore service. If this fix works, we will have to gradually bring back service, so it will be the early hours of tomorrow morning before full service is restored. We will update you here on the progress of this.

Duiske wrote: »
    Looks like its gonna be a few hours yet.
    Jasus this is a nightmare!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Latest update - 03/10/13 @ 01:38
    Some of you have been reporting the gradual return of services. This is happening intermittently and we will continue to monitor this very closely. However, it may still take some time before full services are back up and running as we need to ensure the network is stable before allowing full traffic onto the network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Had full coverage bars all night up until about an hour ago,now I have no signal and ''Emergency calls only'' message.Hope it's sorted out before the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Had full coverage bars all night up until about an hour ago,now I have no signal and ''Emergency calls only'' message.Hope it's sorted out before the morning.

Total opposite here. Calls went at 4:30pm, texts at 5:30pm and then no service until an hour ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hope they've it fixed soon. Not great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

I'm not sure how gimmicky it is. I registered my SIM this evening and had to put in a fate of birth which indicated I was 18-22 (I'm 33). In fact it came up with the message, jokingly enough mind, whoa, you sure you're over 22? We have rules ya know!!! Something to that effect anyway.

Up and running this morning when i arose from my slumber, so far so good for calls and txt

I'm up and running again too

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭benki11

I don t get it I just talked outside the Ireland for 12 min and all I did was top up my membership 10 euros I didn't give them any more money !?
    Well at least I think so can them just charge my creditcard without my knowledge, or what is goin on here , didn't buy any adds on or anything and still I talked international only with my 10€ subscription

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

Thinking of changing over to them.
    Just wondering does it allow tethering?
    Has anyone done it?

• Advertisement

mcw92 wrote: »
    Thinking of changing over to them.
    Just wondering does it allow tethering?
    Has anyone done it?

What's tethering?

Advertisement