Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parks And Recreation - Season 6 [*Spoilers*]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Surprised by that; the way series 6 has been developing, it's hard to see how they'd get one more season out of the various arcs. Of course, being renewed is one thing, the actors / writing staff wanting to come back is quite another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Half arsed parks and recreation would still be worth watching, for me anyway. I would even put up with a load of new characters, providing Perd, Leslie and Ron are still in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

good news, it will give the show the opportunity for a proper send off, most likely culminating in Leslie leaving Pawnee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Good news. Seems like they're very much considering re-newing Community as well, so looking more than likely we'll get both sitcoms back next year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ron Swanson: government employee of the month.

I thought it a so-so episode until that scene and his reaction to the award :D
    +1, I especially loved that he went across state lines to bury it :)

Andy singing "Sex Bears" was the highlight this week, aside from that there was a bit too much Ann for my liking. Although I loved Donna's cigar and sushi moment

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

phasers wrote: »
    Andy singing "Sex Bears" was the highlight this week, aside from that there was a bit too much Ann for my liking. Although I loved Donna's cigar and sushi moment

Ron discovering his ipod rectangle can play Willie Nelson non-stop was mine!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Stop making me feel my feelings! Solid episode saying goodbye to two good characters. I think it was the right time for them to leave too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Harold was Sobotka from Season 2 of The Wire!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,061 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Aww man I teared up a little; sure it got a little schmaltzy, but damnit if Leslie/Anne's friendship wasn't consistently adorable. They made a great double act. Oh Ann, you beautiful tropical fish; we will miss you.

"I also shook his hand. Twice." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,843 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Andy Bellefleur in True Blood too..

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

I spent the whole bloody episode trying to think where I knew him from, had a similar situation when the actor who played Nick Sobotka was in Orange is the New Black, both of them moving up in the world from the union anyway :pac:

Frank Sobotka was also responsible for one of my favourite quotes from the Wire

*Possible Spoilers for the Wire S2 E11*

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

Back to the episode though, thought it was really good! Sad to see Ann and Chris go, but the show handled it beautifully.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who found Ron's speech to Ann very moving. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I'm sure I'm not the only one who found Ron's speech to Ann very moving. :pac:

Keep your tears in your eyes where they belong!

The Ann/April goodbye was great too. Just spot on for those two characters and it felt like the actors themselves were really behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

The final scene tonight was just amazing. I love how nerdy Ben is.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

The final scene tonight was just amazing. I love how nerdy Ben is.

+1. John Hodgeman and Dan Castenalla were great guest stars too.

And Ron's right about vegans

"Dear Canada, f**k you"

Good episode, though the balance feels weird without Chris & Anne, not disastrously so but I feel it's there. Must admit, while I'm not a fan of some of the shows other one-note characters such as Jamm, there's something about Craig's demented, angry intensity that I find hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Nutmeg! :O

Oh god I love the all the public access radio scenes.

I didn't even notice Chris and Ann's absence tbh, anything that means more Donna is a good thing in my book.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,247 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Seeing Larry get his own title card is equal parts completely wrong and completely right.

The last scene was gold - I'm not Adam Scott's biggest fan, but he nailed the 'surprised look'.

Tbh I didn't even really notice that Chris and Ann were missing.

Tbh I didn't even really notice that Chris and Ann were missing.

It was more the anniversary storyline; it felt like the kind of thing that in the past would have been a Leslie / Anne double-act, where Anne would have been in on Ben's surprise - not Larry :D Minor quibble is all, nothing that stopped enjoyment of the episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Gonna miss Chris. He was, literally, one of the most hilarious characters on TV

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

On the upside, his hard-living alter-ego Eddie Nero will be back next month in Californication.

"Everyone, I'd like to introduce you to my son, John *Middle-Name-Redacted* Swanson. John was born some time ago, weighing multiple pounds and several ounces. Much like his father, he is a fan of silence."
    Haha, some classic Ron moments this week, and even the presence of a baby can't diminish his natural Ronosity.

Funny episode overall though gotta be honest, I don't really buy Leslie's talk of being the only one capable of fixing Pawnee; for me, the Chicago plotline only emphasised how much of a losing battle life is for her these days.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Is this the last/second-last series? We need to see Leslie move on from Pawnee and start on pursuing her career, presumably, in Congress. But there is no way to have her do that while keeping any of the characters other than Ben and April in the show in a realistic way so it has to be endgame.

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Is this the last/second-last series? [...]

Iirc there's going to be a 7th series, so there'll be at least one more run. As you say, Leslie needs to move on as her story's done at this stage, hard to see them sticking with the status quo for another 20-odd episodes...

Advertisement