Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fetac CAO offers 2013..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mathsyay

Lamina wrote: »
    Ya I know with human nursing, you haven't really a chance unless you've all distinctions! I've been finding it really hard to find people who did a FETAC Level 5 and went on to Vet. Nursing Level 7, so I'm taking that as a good sign that it's not too much in demand :P

I'm in the same boat lol, I only have 6 distinctions but on UCDs website for science it said last year anyone who qualified where offered a place and you need 5 to qualify so hopefully the demand Is the same or less from last year and I should be ok :) well I hope anyway haha

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Lamina

mathsyay wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat lol, I only have 6 distinctions but on UCDs website for science it said last year anyone who qualified where offered a place and you need 5 to qualify so hopefully the demand Is the same or less from last year and I should be ok :) well I hope anyway haha

I wish they had that on every college website for every course, but I don't think they do. At least you'd have an idea if you have a chance or not.

I wish they had that on every college website for every course, but I don't think they do. At least you'd have an idea if you have a chance or not.

Yeah but you still can't ever know what the competition is like so no matter what your course you just have to wait and see :/ the wait is a killer but. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭MarkyMark22

I think all colleges should do it. It would be a lot more helpful and cause less worrying. Plus it would give a good outline of what results people need to stride towards. I think a lot of people see the five distinctions that most colleges list and think they'll get in if they get that.

What college are you hoping to get in to?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭92Grainne1992

Lads just to clarify.... If I accept say my 6th choice on the CAO on the first of August... I can still be offered my first choice, because alot of my college choices are IT's, and although I'm fairly confident I'll get my place in Blanch I just want to be sure :) I'm nearly so confident I think ill move before my place is given to me... Maybe I shouldn't jinx it though... :)

• Advertisement

Lads just to clarify.... If I accept say my 6th choice on the CAO on the first of August... I can still be offered my first choice, because alot of my college choices are IT's, and although I'm fairly confident I'll get my place in Blanch I just want to be sure :) I'm nearly so confident I think ill move before my place is given to me... Maybe I shouldn't jinx it though... :)

I don't think so, if you reject the course you can still be offered a place higher on your list. But if you accept it then that's it. You should ask maybe on the Leaving Cert forum or start a thread where someone can help ASAP. But I'm fairly sure if you accept a course you won't be offered another..

I think all colleges should do it. It would be a lot more helpful and cause less worrying. Plus it would give a good outline of what results people need to stride towards. I think a lot of people see the five distinctions that most colleges list and think they'll get in if they get that.

What college are you hoping to get in to?

Well Athlone is my 1st choice, but I also applied to UCD, DKIT, LYIT and I'd really take any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

Im so confused about this pilot scheme for the fetac offers..does this mean all fetac offers in these colleges are going to be given on August 19th?

katieg19 wrote: »
    Im so confused about this pilot scheme for the fetac offers..does this mean all fetac offers in these colleges are going to be given on August 19th?

I'm pretty sure that's the case, but check your CAO on the 1st of August to make sure. If there's no offers, don't panic. What colleges/courses have you applied for? Are they all pilot scheme?

Ok, cool. Thats annoying, the waiting is torture! :( I've applied to UCD, Dundalk, Letterkenny and Athlone

• Advertisement

Ok, cool. Thats annoying, the waiting is torture! :( I've applied to UCD, Dundalk, Letterkenny and Athlone

Is UCD your first choice? Because they're in the Higher Education Links Scheme.. That's August 1st.

Yeah, it is. Awesome. Just four more days to go then hopefully! :) Thanks!!

I'm so confused by it too, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. I wish my course had explained these things to us a bit.

My college was ridiculous, they couldn't tell you anything! So nervous. Here's hoping its good news on thursday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭sugoo69

Hey I got 10 distinctions Social Care & did a CAO mature student application - Social Science followed by Social care the pyschology - Got my first choice Social Sciene via CAO Mature student offers on July 5th :)
    Now just finances, domestics, travel & self belief to sort out them Im laughing!

My college was ridiculous, they couldn't tell you anything! So nervous. Here's hoping its good news on thursday! :)

What subject are you applying for ? :)

Actually does anyone know, cause Im really scared to open the CAO website, do they email you to tell you you have an offer ? I know they have my email and my phone number so Im wondering if they contact you to let you know, if you have an offer ?

Well Mathsyay - I got text messages and emails - they follow it all up with post too. Carpe Diem pet - grab the day by the cohonnas and check online - good luck (sorry for my questionable spelling but Im sure you know what I mean)

Applying for Veterinary nursing :)

Good luck for Wednesday to all for their CAO offer - round zero!!!

• Advertisement

sugoo69 wrote: »
    Good luck for Wednesday to all for their CAO offer - round zero!!!

Thursday! I wish it was Wednesday! 24 more hours :(

OOPS sorry ;(

Applying for Veterinary nursing :)

Same boat as myself so :) What college are you hoping to get?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

My brother is in the same boat as you all so i thought i'd pop in and say good luck to you all!

For those on the HELS scheme,lets hope there's some good news on thursday!

Same boat as myself so :) What college are you hoping to get?

Awesome! UCD would be my dream, but i'd accept any at this stage. Athlone looks good. The wait for the offers is killing me though! What about you?

Awesome! UCD would be my dream, but i'd accept any at this stage. Athlone looks good. The wait for the offers is killing me though! What about you?

UCD would be cool but don't think I could afford to live there for 4 years, so Athlone would be my 1st choice :)

Ah very good! :) Hopefully we shall both get our first choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 phil devlin

Hello could anyone tell me when your going for your first degree do you have to pay the full 7k or do you just pay the 2500. Have Maynooth down in my level 8 first choice and I am worried i wont be able too go as i cant get the grant.

Hello could anyone tell me when your going for your first degree do you have to pay the full 7k or do you just pay the 2500. Have Maynooth down in my level 8 first choice and I am worried i wont be able too go as i cant get the grant.

If this is your first time at this level (7/8) then you should be covered by the Free Fees Scheme. You should only have to pay the student contribution and any admin fees the college you want to go to has.

Have you tried applying to Susi to cover the student contribution?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I'm guessing you're Irish,so just 2500

Advertisement