Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why do we wear clothes?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If we stopped wearing clothes would our hair start growing back?
    Of course it would

just like it did for all those natives that wear hardly any clothes :rolleyes:

In 3 generations 30% of African elephants have lost their tusks, in 50,000 years humans haven't regrown hair.

There is a genetic component as evidenced by the Turkish? family that have hair everywhere.

If Humans stopped wearing clothes, our skin would probably just thicken up like the skin of a pig or elephant. think about the skin on your hands and face, in most temperate temperatures you don't feel cold or hot, it's only in extreme temperature that your face & hands get cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    So as not to give the ladies an inferiority complex?

Gets coat rather sharpishly

Pffffff - clothes-wearer!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,833 ✭✭✭✭Basq

That Gok Won lad has poisoned your mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    So as not to give the ladies an inferiority complex?

Gets coat rather sharpishly
    Freud was full of sh1t. The sight of a huge penis does not fill me with envy, it fills me with... admiration. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just a reminder

Dress for the body you have, not the body you want.

[ needs brain bleach after hearing the phrase bingo wings ]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

We wear clothes so we don't scare the horses. Lets be honest folks, there's a lot of flesh on show with the hot weather and a lot of that flesh would be best kept concealed. I'm not the most toned person in the world so I only expose my jiggly bits in the privacy of my own home. I hate seeing rolls of sweaty flab and lobster coloured beer guts every time I leave the house. Jesus, with the number of lobster coloured people I've seen I'm beginning to wonder if people are just basting themselves with fat before leaving the house:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

Totally agree, there should be more opportunities for people to shed their clothing and in so doing, people would have less hang ups about their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,253 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why did we start wearing clothes in the first place? And why have no other animals followed suit?
    'Followed suit'!

Nice one!

Its because primitive man needed somewhere to carry his phone and keys while out hunting mastodon. He was supplied with a bag, but no instructions on how to open it. Primitive woman didn't get a bag, which explains why modern woman is obsessed with buying bags. At some level, she still feels hard done by. Modern man has pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

Totally agree, there should be more opportunities for people to shed their clothing and in so doing, people would have less hang ups about their bodies.
    I prefer nice clothes ta.

• Advertisement
Advertisement