Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Rabbitte abused and intimidated in Donehy & Nesbitts

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I can't wait till they trap Minisiter Howlin wolf in a pub, he'll turn pure vicious if he's cornered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

I suggest the problem then arises out of your understanding of the word 'shambolic'...
    I'm not really interested in arguing semantics. Besides, this has little to do with the general discussion on this thread. I've made my point, you disagree, let's move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Bambi wrote: »
    I can't wait till they trap Minisiter Howlin wolf in a pub, he'll turn pure vicious if he's cornered.

Have you ever seen him in person? He is tiny and I mean tiny. He would crawl out between their legs; they'd never corner him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Where would they find minister howlin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

djpbarry wrote: »
    I'm not really interested in arguing semantics. Besides, this has little to do with the general discussion on this thread. I've made my point, you disagree, let's move on.
    To summarise.

Poster A: This is shambolic
    Poster B: No, Shambolic means it can't get any worse.
    Poster C: No it doesn't
    Poster B: Well I don't want to get into what shambolic means anyway.... that's all semantics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

To summarise.

Poster A: This is shambolic
    Poster B: No, Shambolic means it can't get any worse.
    Poster C: No it doesn't
    Poster B: Well I don't want to get into what shambolic means anyway.... that's all semantics
    Seeing as we're being so incredibly pedantic, Poster A actually described Ireland's health system not as "shambolic", but as "a shambles", implying "a state of total disorder" if we're going by dictionary definitions.

Now, "a state of total disorder" is, to me, indicative of a very poor health system that one might expect to find in a rather poor corner of the world and not a terribly accurate description of health care in Ireland. Hence my question to the poster as to whether they had ever had the pleasure of experiencing health care in a developing country, such that I might understand their frame of reference when describing Ireland's healthcare as "a shambles".

I think that's about as clearly as I can make my (perfectly reasonable) point, but no doubt you'll want to pull me up on the meaning of "disorder", "developing", "health" or some such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Just to be clear, the point is now turning to the meaning of "shambles" over "shambolic"?

I want to clarify this because it is a time wasting exercise to engage a point only for someone to turn around and say "well actually that's just semantics, who cares after all".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Plain & simple they should not drink while they are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

COYW wrote: »
    Have you ever seen him in person? He is tiny and I mean tiny. He would crawl out between their legs; they'd never corner him.

its not the size of the rat in the fight, its the size of the fight in the rat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

That protest video you put earlier is now taken down due to a copyright infringement by Dublin says No.

Was these the one's you were talking about? This is from their official youtube channel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭jeffery lebowski

Eirigi - just showing their true colours - a bunch of IRA sympathising, leftist dole collectors. I'm no fan of Labour (Especially Ho Chi Quinn) but I admire Mr Rabbitte and his stoicism here. These people offer no constructive solutions - just street protest for the sake of it.

Advertisement