Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Having some big problems with parcel motel,

I ordered a phone from amazon uk, this day last week. It arrived in parcel motel friday the 1st of Augest and now sign of it since. I have my amazon shipping document, including the full address and my PM id and I have the royal mail tracked service showing it was sent to, and signed for, by parcel motel

I emailed them today about it and they are "looking for it in the warehouse". The guy said it might have come in with no PM id, which i mailed back that it was on the shipping document, havnt heard back from then since

Anyone have a suggestion for the next step? I was going to just post the whole thing up on their facebook page since that might get some more attention because I'm really pissed off over this. Says to wait at least 8 hours before it gets checked in and its been 4 working days now

I could always ring Joe Duffy :P

Hmm, did i ever mention the time i got someone else's delivery in my motel? No joke by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just got a response from the manager. Because my name wasn't on the parcel it was held in the query area, which is strange because my PM ID is on the package, it will be interesting to see what arrives down and if its been opened or not

Thats 2 incidents in a week now, the first being a poster tube that was cancelled and uncancelled for being oversized and now this.

If it was a random ebay seller or something I wouldnt mind but its from amazon so I'm pretty sure they are spot on with getting the full address on the item they send

EDIT

Just like I thought....****ing mauled!

If the actual phone box is damaged or opened I'll have to get amazon to get onto them and get parcel motel to replace it, so ****ing unprofessional

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I got a brand new (valuable) oscilloscope via Parcel Motel today, was a bit nervous after reading the reports here but arrived in perfect condition thankfully - and spared a fortune on shipping costs !!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Tennis For Two incoming to Bandits house!

tennis-for-two-o.gif

Now there's an idea :) Beats the CDi anyways !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,631 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I got a brand new (valuable) oscilloscope via Parcel Motel today, was a bit nervous after reading the reports here but arrived in perfect condition thankfully - and spared a fortune on shipping costs !!

You loon! If it broke the most they'd have given you is €70

o1s1n wrote: »
    You loon! If it broke the most they'd have given you is €70

Oops !! Should really check their T&C's !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Went to parcel motel this morning to pick up something and when i opened the locker my parcel was in there, along with someone elses! Wasnt sure what to do and i was half asleep so i took it out. Ive tweeted Parcel Motel asking them what to do with it. This happen to anyone before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

A few complaints on here about Parcel Motel lately, being able to collect someone elses parcel would put me off using it... I know they're prob isolated incidents, but seems like with things being damaged, opened packages, other peoples parcels in your locker etc that the service is suffering lately.

Master of the Universe

Price gone up and it seems the service quality has taken a nose dive. I wonder what's going on? Have they used the additional funds to hire more people (who are currently in training and crappy?)

• Advertisement

keithgeo wrote: »
    Went to parcel motel this morning to pick up something and when i opened the locker my parcel was in there, along with someone elses! Wasnt sure what to do and i was half asleep so i took it out. Ive tweeted Parcel Motel asking them what to do with it. This happen to anyone before?

Happened to me ages ago. I rang them and I ended up dropping it back in a motel when I was collecting another package.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Price gone up and it seems the service quality has taken a nose dive. I wonder what's going on? Have they used the additional funds to hire more people (who are currently in training and crappy?)

The ratio of popularity of the service to budget for decent staff I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭Doge

Their delays in responding to customer issues is quite sizable and worrying too.

Master of the Universe

Doge wrote: »
    Their delays in responding to customer issues is quite sizable and worrying too.

Are you writing the emails in Doge by any chance? :D

Are you writing the emails in Doge by any chance? :D
    :P

Not wow.
    much sarcasm
    very pantry
    etc...

I actually haven't been in contact with them by email myself, it's friends of mine who have had problems with the service, one guy was waiting for a full week for a reply even though he had a 1TB hard drive stolen from his package.

(Turned out the package weighed less than it should when PM received it, so it was either the courier amazon used or someone in amazon that stole it.)

But 1 full week to get a reply? Screw that.

He had rang them first and was told to send the pictures in via email btw.

The only time I had a problem was when that brute forced an oversized package into the small locker! :p

Doge wrote: »
    very pantry

:D

I pass a shop the odd time in Blackrock called The Butlers Pantry...the oismeister pops into my head every time I pass it :pac:

Master of the Universe

Hahaha yeah, any time I go by that place it immediately reminds me of all you lunatics and I end up chuckling away to myself.

Myrddin wrote: »
    :D

I pass a shop the odd time in Blackrock called The Butlers Pantry...the oismeister pops into my head every time I pass it :pac:

Haha, I used to get a bit of dinner from that one when I lived in Monkstown :0)
    Very tasty stuff.

Steve SI wrote: »
    Haha, I used to get a bit of dinner from that one when I lived in Monkstown :0)
    Very tasty stuff.

It looks like a nice place, they need gold wallpaper though to really pull it off

Master of the Universe

I missed the gold wallpaper in that house so much that I bought a bit to put on the bedroom chimney breast in the new house for the craic :pac:

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hahaha yeah, any time I go by that place it immediately reminds me of all you lunatics and I end up chuckling away to myself.

Have you tried The Larder yet? You being a Bray local and all. :)

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Have you tried The Larder yet? You being a Bray local and all. :)

It's gas, you mentioned that place to me before and I hadn't a notion where you were talking about.

Gave it a google and realized not only do I know it, I've been in countless times over the years! Just didn't realize what it was called. :D

It was known as 'that shop with all the cakes in the window'

Myrddin wrote: »

Even though I could be now considered a good friend of his....
    (I still secretly think the fact he's into the whole Power Rangers thing is absolutely hilarious! :P)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,552 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Honestly, who really wants a Power Ranger videogame?
    The show is utter sh1te!
    Next thing it'll be a My Little Pony MMORPG!

If you're going to play videogames based on kids shows, make it this one!

and here's the game!

"Shadow of the Beast" - wtf is it all about...

"Shadow of the Beast" - wtf is it all about...

Getting a remake for the PS4 apparently....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_of_the_Beast

9GfnRlI.png

Although somehow I don't trust a line on a Wikipedia article that has no citations whatsoever attached to it! :p

Well, anyone can edit a wiki entry. I mean just have another look at that article. :pac:

Master of the Universe

Anyone you say?

>_>

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well, anyone can edit a wiki entry. I mean just have another look at that article. :pac:

Looks like the uncited line is actually true! (No not your stupid cdi nonsense!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement