Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro General Chat in Karkariko Village Tavern: Live Ocarina Music

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It seems Take-two have filed new bully trademark.

i hope this leads to a new bully game

I was just writing a piece a few days ago about how Bully was a classic game that never saw a sequel. Would love to see more of the series.

I must pick up the Xbox360 version of it. I have the PS2 edition, but I'd love to get my hands on the 360 one because it sports the game's proper title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Nice LCD game online emulator :)

http://www.pica-pic.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

deathrider wrote: »
    I was just writing a piece a few days ago about how Bully was a classic game that never saw a sequel. Would love to see more of the series.

I must pick up the Xbox360 version of it. I have the PS2 edition, but I'd love to get my hands on the 360 one because it sports the game's proper title.

I think there's a bug in the 360 version that can prevent you from finishing the game. Not sure on the details but I remember reading it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Never got around to playing Bully either. I picked up the pc version for about €3 in the Steam sale... so I guess I'll probably never play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Proud owner of the original PS2 version of the game, here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,870 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I found Bully to be Rockstars best game. Really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,748 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Best bike and go-kart mechanics in gaming, that Bully.

160,000 Wii Us sold wordlwide 1st quarter 2013... that's pretty depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Last I heard the Vita was now outselling it in Japan too...you know you're bad when you're comparing figures with the Vita

I think there's a bug in the 360 version that can prevent you from finishing the game. Not sure on the details but I remember reading it somewhere.

Hmmmm, I'd be surprised if there was never a patch released to resolve it.
    Proud owner of the original PS2 version of the game, here.

Don't get me wrong, I still have the PS2 game, and I had an absolute blast with it. However, I'd love to have a copy of the game that actually says Bully in my collection. It would probably just love on my shelf though. If I ever spot it in the wild, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Found a few atari games. Are they worth much generally anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Generally no but throw up a list an I'll tell ya their worth

double dragon
    pole position
    berzark
    combat
    barnstorming
    centipede
    yars revenge
    ghostbusters
    volleyball
    space invaders
    galaxian?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Luap wrote: »
    double dragon
    pole position
    berzark
    combat
    barnstorming
    centipede
    yars revenge
    ghostbusters
    volleyball
    space invaders
    galaxian?

Nothing worth much there man, if they're all loose and in very good condition, maybe 2-3 quid each, and double dragon and ghostbusters maybe a quid or two extra. If galaxian or yars' revenge are red labels, maybe a bit more.

Now if they're boxed, and again in very good condition, add another couple of quid on to the above. Ain't nobody retirin' off atari any time soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This was suggested for me, YouTube knows me so well! My dad's friend is over and I'm trying to hide all the laughing

Los Lobos wrote: »
    Nothing worth much there man, if they're all loose and in very good condition, maybe 2-3 quid each, and double dragon and ghostbusters maybe a quid or two extra. If galaxian or yars' revenge are red labels, maybe a bit more.

Now if they're boxed, and again in very good condition, add another couple of quid on to the above. Ain't nobody retirin' off atari any time soon!

Thanks! My hopes of an early retirement is dashed!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Luap wrote: »
    Thanks! My hopes of an early retirement is dashed!:pac:

no retirement but this is in your price range.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwIEUflY6YI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Anyone dl superfrog on psn today?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    160,000 Wii Us sold wordlwide 1st quarter 2013... that's pretty depressing.

Yeah, it turned my smile upside down to read that, no one loves it :(
    Is there really some thing, one game or series of games that's going to turn this around for Nintendo, or I'd this going to turn into a rout by Christmas with the Xbox One and PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Packing for holiday is ruining my attempts at comical deaths on MGS2 tonight. Although, I did pack 11 t-shirts, 6 shirts, 2 pairs of trousers, four pairs of shorts, 11 pairs of socks into a ridiculously small holdall. Where's my man points, dammit.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Is there really some thing, one game or series of games that's going to turn this around for Nintendo, or I'd this going to turn into a rout by Christmas with the Xbox One and PS4?

At current the Wii is not much off an upgrade, its a Wii with slightly more games most impressive at the no is HD Mario.

It needs more games to improve sales.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Flaregon wrote: »
    At current the Wii is not much off an upgrade, its a Wii with slightly more games most impressive at the no is HD Mario.

It needs more games to improve sales.

Pardon?

What?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Shadow did it first.

I'm enjoying GTA 4 again, nearly finished now.
    The commute between checkpoints is outrageous though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

gotta_go_fast_by_fixthefernback-d3cp6o0.png
    needs Sonic R music "LIVIN IN DA CITAY" or some Knuckles rap

Pardon?

What?

Ment wii u, the Wii has Mario,Wii u has Mario just reharshed and HD.

You Can buy a Wii and play some of Nintendo best games for 40euro + game costs

Or spend 200+, just for a wii u and newer Mario( how my nephew got his lol)

Not a hard call.

Flaregon wrote: »
    Ment wii u, the Wii has Mario,Wii u has Mario just reharshed and HD.

You Can buy a Wii and play some of Nintendo best games for 40euro + game costs

Or spend 200+, just for a wii u and newer Mario( how my nephew got his lol)

Not a hard call.

I couldn't disagree more.
    The Wii U is an entirely new machine that allows the owner access to the latest games from Nintendo.
    All the next gen machines promise updated versions of their classic IPs , so the PS4 has new Kill zone, God of War and Gran Turismo expected.
    The Xbox One has new Halo incoming.
    So to own a Wii U as a gateway to the latest Mario or Donkey Kong game us no bad thing.
    Also, just saying Mario HD forgets thd many titles that he features in that are coming, so new Super Smash Bros, new 3D World, new Sports games, new Party game, and that is just the ones that come to mind now.

The saddest .gif in the world:

i0zThUb6h24Dc.gif

• Advertisement

I wonder if this is going to be the first console since the Virtual Boy to simply die on the market, if that hasn't already happened.
    I guess it all hinges on this Christmas, see what people buy, if the Wii U can't make a big impression then....

I'm still not even close to counting it out. If you look back in this forum alone, you'll see that same doom & gloom talk about the 3DS. For practically a full year, the only reason to even own a 3DS was to play a twenty year old port on it in 3D. The Wii U isn't even a year old. Ninty will turn it around, there's just a shocking & really stupid lack of any real reason to own a Wii U still...five or ten releases of good solid games in quick succession will give people a real reason to actually buy one. If it's like this by this time next year though, then that's different...I'm betting Ninty will do their thing though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well, they've a customer in me with DKC: TF come November, as DKCR on the Wii is the best entry in the entire series, even with the slightly tacked-on motion-controls, so this'd have to go out of its way to not decently follow-up, with the native gamepad and all.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,870 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think a lot of people these days are unrealistic in what to expect from a console in it's first year. It's always slow.

Nintendo have a harder battle educating your average joe that the WiiU is actually out. Calling it the WiiU was the worst decision nintendo made, even Wii 2 would have been better.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I think a lot of people these days are unrealistic in what to expect from a console in it's first year. It's always slow.

I was harsh on the 3DS early on, so consider me one of those who has been educated. I've never really gotten involved with consoles on launch, & have always gotten them when the library was established. But seeing how they turned the 3DS from essentially a €250 paperweight, into a really cool almost must-have at this stage, in the space of a year, I'm not too worried about the Wii U yet

Speaking of Nintendo, I mentioned that I beat Super Metroid a few days ago. Now, I know nothing about the Metroid series, but do they have any good DS titles? I've heard there are some damn good ones on GBA.

• Advertisement

Metroid Pinball is superb. The only other game is Metroid Prime hunters which is ok and will give you carpel tunnel syndrome with it's controls. Fusion and Zero Mission are awesome on the GBA.

deathrider wrote: »
    Speaking of Nintendo, I mentioned that I beat Super Metroid a few days ago. Now, I know nothing about the Metroid series, but do they have any good DS titles? I've heard there are some damn good ones on GBA.

There'll be plenty of opinion here on this topic but yes the GBA titles were fantastic but I really didn't like Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, it looked good but was a poor facsimile of the Prime series on the Wii.
    They could have used the power of the DS to make a superior 2d Metroid adventure, but didn't.
    Witness the superb Kirby games on the DS for how it could have been done.

The pinball one is good? I spotted it caseless in Gamestop lately, and took it for granted it would be Sonic Spinball-esque. As much as I loved that game, I'm not sure if I'd be on for more of the same.

The pinball one, forgot about that!
    That's compatible, and was shipped with, the rumble pak, not much good to you DSi/3DS owners though.
    Must have a look about, think I have an unused clone card with a rumble feature built in, might be compatible

Metroid Pinball is actually a lot of fun. Especially with the rumble pack installed.

• Advertisement

I didn't even realise that the DS had a rumble pack. Now I've got to get one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

I'm Nintend-pendant!!!!
    Save me Xenu!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

That F-Zero gameplay...

They should've got a face full of Cho Aniki, that'd learn'em!

Just had a massive bust up at a meeting about the app we are making. The sound guy told me I knew nothing about videogames. I wasn't letting that one slide. Said I knew nothing compared to the art guy who has in 3 months not understood the concept of a sprite sheet and has yet to supply a useable one.

Just had a massive bust up at a meeting about the app we are making. The sound guy told me I knew nothing about videogames. I wasn't letting that one slide. Said I knew nothing compared to the art guy who has in 3 months not understood the concept of a sprite sheet and has yet to supply a useable one.

11322-612x612-2.png

Pretty much. He's unofficially off the project now, nothing to do with the argument but because he's useless :)

They think they're all....
    inlaws-800x800.jpg

But really they're
    3154915-cat-fight_1200.jpg

Pretty much. He's unofficially off the project now, nothing to do with the argument but because he's useless :)

He was sleeping with the boss though really, and now the bosses wife has found out.

What game are you working on?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement