Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for Leinster to stay at Lansdowne road?

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

cant byob in aviva - aviva fail

I beg to differ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

If only they'd get around to fixing the old shed of a place up!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

If, following the expansion of the RDS to a 23k capacity, Leinster sell out every game for three seasons straight, then it's time to think about shifting bases to Lansdowne. Even then, you'd want a serious projection showing a minimum of about 35,000 per game before making the decision.

Moving another game each year to Lansdowne is probably the next step. The home game against Ulster, if scheduled for the right date, could be a huge draw. If they're both in the hunt come Easter next year, an Easter Saturday game could pull in the numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

[Jackass] wrote: »
    If only they'd get around to fixing the old shed of a place up!! :mad:

Let's do a whip around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Personally I prefer RDS for games. I also like the Aviva for the massive games but I would hate to see Leinster V Zebre there, imagine how empty the place would be. RDS is great especislly on a nice evening and having a few beers on the grass before the game.

The Amlin final there was also great fun. Buzzing atmopshere in Ballsbridge and cracking atmopshere inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

cant byob in aviva - aviva fail
    Podge_irl wrote: »
    I beg to differ.

ok you can't bring in 12 can's in a clear plastic bag while drinking one and going 'how'ya bud' to the person scanning your ticket

ok you can't bring in 12 can's in a clear plastic bag while drinking one and going 'how'ya bud' to the person scanning your ticket

actually secondary point on this. Canterbury need to start doing Leinster wife beaters

actually secondary point on this. Canterbury need to start doing Leinster wife beaters

They do now, but I'm not sure you can buy them. Player's have training sleeveless tops.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Can we not just cut the sleeves off one ourselves? :o

ah it's needs to be a proper vest shape as oppose to just a sleeve less tshirt. Also has to be in the away colours so that it is mainly in white

• Advertisement

Should it be pre-stained also?

.ak wrote: »
    Should it be pre-stained also?

oh god no!!! half the fun is getting it properly beer stained at the games with some of Eddie's secret sauce on it too

• Registered Users Posts: 23,854 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I'm surprised at people making a case to move more games to Lansdowne Road. Not to say the RDS couldnt use its upgrade soon, but personally I think the balance of scale they have achieved is spot on. Lansdowne is a fine place but its sterile and corporate and would be hard to achieve an identity with Leinster. Also its pretty hard to replicate the tight atmosphere in the RDS even for a run of the mill game, and the RDS campus is such an asset for people to gather and hang out around the arena especially in good weather. Ive yet to see that bettered at another club.

Also if 14,000 is about the ceiling for season sales why would you move to a 52,000 seater for an atmosphere like Edinburgh playing Zebre at Murrayfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm surprised at people making a case to move more games to Lansdowne Road.

In fairness, this thread has consisted of one person trying to make that case and pretty much everyone else saying it would be a terrible idea/commerciallyunviable.

Advertisement