Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2014

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That was such a shock :D I hope Hayley really puts the pressure on Ray but it's his to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 28,982 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oops, double post, sorry!

Have to say, this Bolero malarkey is my last favourite bit of the whole series.

Get it over with, Ray for the win.

But its so beautiful :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Nice to know that the producers haven't completely given Holly the cold shoulder - but if only she was actually in the studio tonight...

And no mention of Tony Gubba during that nostalgia trip, either. :(

EDIT: In fact, Holly IS in the studio. That wasn't expected. :D:D:D

• Advertisement

I think i'm gonna cry :( I really am going to miss this show.

Even Jason was looking a bit gulpy there :D

Here we go then. Hayley second? ;););)

Now that was a shock :D

Even Pip didn't sound the tiniest bit surprised that Ray had won... :D

• Advertisement

Hayley very generous in her comments. Fair play to her.

Although it really can't have come as any surprise :D

Fair play to Ray for saying the award was to Maria, they were both like pros

Aw, not much of a farewell there. :(

Not even a dedication to the memory of Tony Gubba? I know he didn't play the biggest part in the show, but even so...

Well, I did say I'd post some official figures from BARB - and here they are.

I know one could just go to BARB's website or the Wikipedia article for this series - but I'd like to put my own spin on it... :o;)

f2ngv4.jpg

So they actually increased during the last three weeks.

I'm going to be charitable here and assume that a lot of people who had stopped watching the show beforehand decided to get one or two last glimpses of it before it hung up its skates - no matter how likely it was that Ray would win. :)

Unfortunately, the final was still beaten by the 1950s midwives (10.09m) and the antics of Jeremy, Richard and James (6.29m). And it pulled in fewer viewers than last year's final (6.63m). :(

But I think we can say that it didn't go out with a whimper. :)

It didn't go out with a bang either, mind - although the folks at The S*n probably still believe it did. :rolleyes:

So let's say it went out with a pop. :D:)

Meanwhile, I've been glancing at the threads on the DOI forum on Digital Spy, and among them is a "favourite ever judge" poll.

Around 150 votes have been cast - and the majority of them have gone to Katarina Witt, with Jason second, Robin third and Nicky fourth.

Although Katarina was only on the panel for the 2012 series, I can see why she was and still is so popular... :D;)

30j1e95.jpgKatarina-Witt_1452935a.jpg

3150ksp.jpgrc0ns8.jpg

This'll be the last time I bump this thread, I promise. :o:);)

Anyway, what has replaced the skating on winter Sunday nights on ITV?

It was originally going to be a singing show from Israel called Rising Star - but the monkeys decided to cancel this without airing a single episode, after it bombed in the US and Germany.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/17/itv-drops-rising-star-talent-show-format

So instead, it's a show called Get Your Act Together. Perhaps unsurprisingly, this show isn't dissimilar to DOI - and perhaps unsurprisingly, it's a lot less fun.

So much less fun, in fact, that even Panorama is attracting more viewers... :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

i36pmf.png

Advertisement