Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing on Ice 2014

Options
  • 09-07-2013 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,662 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/dancing_on_ice/5003743/Dancing-on-Ice-stars-back-for-a-reunion.html

Dancing On Ice is going out with a bang – by reuniting some of the show’s best-loved skaters for an all-star send-off. A host of celebs from past series will lace up their skates for the January special. Vanilla Ice, Jorgie Porter, both pictured, Ray Quinn, Todd Carty, Chris Fountain, Kyran Bracken and current champ Beth Tweddle are being lined up to return. The plan has been given the seal of approval by show professionals Jane Torvill and Christopher Dean, who are calling it quits after next year’s series. A DOI source said: “Torvill and Dean said they wanted the final series to be the best, so what better way to treat fans than by bringing back some of their favourites? “It won’t just be people who’ve won. The idea is to bring people back who made an impression — whether they made a decent fist of it or not. “Some have gone on to be quite good skaters, so it will be interesting to see if they have what it takes to win.” Stars are being contacted now, with five-figure fees being offered.

:cool:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭bopper

It's probably wise to call it quits when your "all stars" series still manages to consist of nobodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

bopper wrote: »
    It's probably wise to call it quits when your "all stars" series still manages to consist of nobodies.

To be pedantic, they're calling it quits because the last two series didn't do very well. ;)

Would be nice if they could lure Holly Willoughby back for this final series. After all, The Voice is floundering, and no-one likes Christine Bleakley... ;)

Bump!

Confirmation that this series will indeed be "All Stars":

http://shows.stv.tv/dancing-on-ice/talk/248592-dancing-on-ice-final-series-will-be-an-all-stars-special/
    http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/14/dancing-on-ice-all-star-last-series-2014_n_4272596.html

Shame, though, that Christine will still be hosting alongside Pip. Couldn't they at least bring Holly back for the last-ever episode?

No word yet on who the judges will be, although they'll surely include Jason.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Is it also likely they were struggling to book celebs hence the All Stars season?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,662 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ITV has revealed the partnerships for the final series of Dancing on Ice.
    Several celebrities will be reuniting with their original skating partners for the all-star edition, while others pair up with professionals or their real-life romantic partners. Bonnie Langford was originally going to partner Mark Hanretty, but he has since been replaced by Andrei Lipanov due to a shoulder injury.
    Suzanne Shaw will reunite with original partner Matt Evers, while Hayley Tamaddon will meet up once again with Daniel Whiston.
    Zaraah Abrahams will skate with Andy Buchanan, Jorgie Porter will dance with Sylvain Longchambon and Beth Tweddle will partner Lukasz Rozycki.
    David Seaman will dance with his real-life partner Frankie Poultney, as will Sam Attwater with Vicky Ogden.
    Kyran Bracken will perform with Nina Ulanova, Gareth Gates is with Brianne Delcourt and Ray Quinn will dance with original partner Maria Filippov.
    Finally, Todd Carty will partner Alexandra Schauman, Gary Lucy will dance with Katie Stainsby and Joe Pasquale will skate with Robin Johnstone. Shaw, Tamaddon, Tweddle, Bracken, Quinn and Attwater are former winners of the competition.
    Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean will return to train the celebrities, and mark the 30th anniversary of their Olympic Bolero win.
    Philip Schofield and Christine Bleakley are also back as co-hosts.
    Dancing on Ice returns to ITV on Sunday, January 5 at 6.15pm.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s101/dancing-on-ice/news/a538628/dancing-on-ice-celebrity-partnerships-revealed.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Jorgie and Sylvain, how long before Samia is ditched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,662 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mister R wrote: »
    Jorgie and Sylvain, how long before Samia is ditched :D

I hope that happens :P

So the only previous winners not taking part are Gaynor Faye (series 1) and Matthew Wolfenden (series 7).

I presume they were invited, but they declined?

Kyran's the only celebrity from series 2, and Sam likewise from series 6. In both cases, that's probably good: among the other celebs in series 2 were Ulrika-ka-ka-ka and Kay Burley from Sky News, while Kerry Bl00dy Katona and Denise Bl00dy Welch were among the others in series 6.

Similarly, with MW not participating, Jorgie's the only celeb from series 7 - which on the whole was very unspectacular.

Series 3, though, was probably the best series - so no real surprise that three of its celebs are taking part (Suzanne, Zaraah and Gareth).

Already the bookmakers have set up the usual markets - and all of them make Ray the early favourite. Ladbrokes have him at 5/4 to win, while Paddy Power and Coral are each offering 6/4, and William Hill 13/8.

Hayley's the second-favourite at between 3/1 and 4/1, followed by Sam, Kyran, Suzanne and Beth. Not surprisingly, Joe and Todd are rank outsiders, Ladbrokes offering as much as 250/1 for Todd. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,983 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Anyone watching???

Thought the end of last week's show was bizarre.... Jorgie in tears, having said all sorts of stupid things in the course of interviews, and yer man standing like a stone with a face that would sour milk on him.... clearly that was NOT a partnership made in heaven!!!

That poor Scottish fella whose name escapes me, doing his shoulder again - he's one of my favourite pros, and out he goes again!

Couldn't believe how much the awful Joe Pasquale has improved - will that Eastenders fella have improved similarly or just wobble off into oblivion this week?

Delighted to have something to look forward to at the weekends again, especially since it doesn't involve Brucie :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 EliteC

This thread is for discussing all things Dancing on Ice 2014.

Why not become a judge and give us your thoughts and scores on the celebrities.

• Advertisement

Awwww, c'mon, there must be SOMEONE watching?

No???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Sam and Ray are my top contenders at the moment for the boys and Suzanne and Beth for the girls!

I didn't really mine David and Gary leaving tonight they were a bit meh anyhow for me but I was shocked Sam was ranked so low I really enjoyed his performance.

I want Todd out and I was devestated last week when Georgie left I always enjoyed her routines and she seemed like a nice girl.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Delighted to have something to look forward to at the weekends again, especially since it doesn't involve Brucie :D

Haitch gee haitch... :o:o:o;););)

Anyway, with 14 former contestants, I guess it made sense to have seven of them take to the ice in the first episode and the other seven in the second, with two being eliminated in each.

As it happened, the four to go were all non-champions. Of the two making automatic exits, Jorgie clearly didn't impress the public as much as she impressed the judges, while David didn't really impress anybody. And of the two departing after skate-offs, Gary didn't stand much of a chance against former champ Sam, while Jason, Robin, Karen and Ashley must have been aware that the chances of a backlash if they saved Joe and not Bonnie were high.

The other former winners sailed through, however, and the bookies still make Ray the favourite to be the Ultimate Champion. In fact, he's now odds-on - Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and Coral all currently offer 5/6, and William Hill 10/11. Suzanne has become the second-favourite at around 7/2 following her high-scoring opening performance, with Hayley next at around 5/1.

Todd unsurprisingly remains a rank outsider, while Gareth's and Bonnie's respective odds are also pretty long.

But the fact that no-one posted on this thread during the first episode suggests that not a lot of people watched it. And, sure enough, the figures for that episode were low. Very low.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jan/06/sherlock-dancing-on-ice-tv-ratings

Naturally, the folks at The S*n thought that this final series being "All Stars" meant that the show was going out with a bang (see Liz's original post). Do they still think that, I wonder...?

Well I'm watching this week! Am I alone again??

Wasn't mad about Suzanne's routine (I don't think she was either).

Something Chris/Jane said after was interesting - I wonder did they hold off giving the new routines to the crowd who skated the first week until after last Sunday? Otherwise they'd have had two weeks to practice, and last week's people only one....

The non-skating people were there last week, all dolled up in outfits, I wonder were they this week's outfits???

Karen and Jason mock-spitting at each other in the first 10 seconds does not bode well :mad: I'm really getting sick of them at this stage, it's so contrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I'm watching!

I really love this series, no having to put up with (many) crap performances. I wish I'd seen Rays series, he's just so quality on the ice

I hate the generic "You just need to have fun... You're a little firecracker... I want to see you pop". Has she nothing else to say?!

Phew, I was beginning to think I was the only person in the country watching!

Agree with whatsername the judge, she seems to have a fairly limited range of expressions, all of which she's overused already!

Sick also of Hayley's gurning, she's a young version of Bonnie.

But surely, SURELY Todd has to go tonight..... if he doesn't, Jason is liable to have a stroke :D

Awww, in fairness, I shouldn't have been so mean about Todd - that was actually funny :D

I know that it's TellyMix, and that its editor Josh Darvill is a bit of a prat - but it seems that, just as in the last two series, the viewing figures are going in the same direction as the teams that finish in 18th, 19th and 20th positions in the Premier League:

http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/172391-dancing-on-ice-2014-all-star-ratings-fall-to-new-lows.html
    http://tellymix.co.uk/ratings/173284-dancing-on-ice-2014-ratings-crushed-by-call-the-midwife.html

Think we can safely say, then, that just because this last series is "All Stars" does not automatically mean that DOI is going out with a bang.

Not that the folks at The S*n will care, mind... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That said, ITV could be making a much better effort here. As I've said before, there's no reason at all why Holly can't return at some point.

Nor is there any reason why they can't bring back one or two former judges - especially with Robin heading off to Sochi soon. Sticking with the line-up from the last series wasn't a good idea in the first place - after all, with all due respect to Ashley, she's there for her looks more than anything else. (Plus many on Twitter are saying that she's trying to be like a certain fellow Pussycat Doll...)

Anyway, no change in the bookies' markets following Todd's elimination - Ray remains the odds-on favourite, followed by Suzanne and Hayley, while Bonnie and Gareth remain rank outsiders.

Am I all on my lonesome again?? :(

Anyway, FWIW, can't believe Jason gave Gareth lower marks (by a country mile) than Kyran, given that he's banging on and on and on about dance - Gareth barely did any skating he was so busy dancing (even if it was poorly!)

Seeing the Bonnie's pro bricking it at having to waltz was a :D moment!

But the teeny tiny bit of footwork they did at the beginning - the editors/producers/cameramen/whoever decided to show them from the waist up - WTF :confused:

Wonder which lift went so drastically wrong for Suzanne - she'd better be careful what she wishes for though, saying in her post-skate interview that she'd love the chance to do it again.....

Anyway, back to the show.....

Hayley's routine was absolutely made for her - she did it brilliantly - but I just wish I could tape her mouth shut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

I loved both Ray and Hayley tonight. I thought Suzanne looked awkward and was surprised when the judges complimented her gracefulness. I feel it's time for Bonnie to go.

Ray was fantastic in fairness, and I'm a big fan of Maria's - they'd be one of my favourites.

Bonnie or Gareth to go tonight.

Ooof, that was.... not what I expected.

Neither the couples who wound up in the skate-off, nor the end result.

Hmmmmm.

So Bonnie and Gareth are the last two non-champions remaining - and still none of the former winners have been eliminated.

Now why does something tell me that this is the final eight the producers wanted...? :rolleyes:

And they're still not making a proper effort to send the show out on the highest note possible. They ought to have known that bringing in a former X Factor contestant to perform their latest single would not guarantee a big increase in the viewing figures (and this is said without any disrespect intended towards Rebecca Ferguson).

Bringing back the Duel twist (which we'll see next week) won't automatically result in the figures going up, either - especially when this twist isn't popular in the first place.

And may I say again that Ashley is only really there because she's a Pussycat Doll? :o

To the bookies' markets, and Ray's odds have naturally been shortened even further following his perfect 40 - Paddy Power, William Hill and Coral are all offering 4/9, and Ladbrokes 2/5.

Hayley is now joint second-favourite with Suzanne, at around 5/1, with another gap back to Beth at around 10/1.

And, of course, Bonnie's and Gareth's respective odds are still very long.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭arsenal1991

Ray is amazing. I think he used to be a ballroom /latin champion at a young age.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭tinyk68

Well, any thoughts on the duels? I think the judges made the right decision each time. It'll be interesting to see their second routines.

Just finished watching the skate-off - right result IMO. The duels were great - very closely matched. Delighted to see Sam squeak through - Vicky is my favourite pro bar non!

The duels were great - very closely matched.

The pairings were predictable, though...

Ray v Suzanne, the producers' and judges' Chosen One against his strongest opponent. :rolleyes: Gareth v Bonnie, the two non-champions. Then Sam v Kyran for a man-against-man affair, and Hayley v Beth for a woman-against-woman one.

In the end, Bonnie went, making Gareth the last remaining non-champ.

Who's to say that he won't go next week? Should he do so, it will guarantee that a former winner will be the Ultimate Champion before any of them are eliminated... :eek: :rolleyes:

But, as I've said already, Ray is the producers' and judges' Chosen One. And, sure enough, his odds are shortening all the time - he's now 2/9 with Paddy Power, William Hill and Coral, and 1/5 with Ladbrokes...

In turn, everyone else's odds are lengthening (except for Gareth's, as his odds are already long enough). Suzanne and Hayley are out to around 7/1 each, and Beth is no shorter than 14/1. Kyran is around 25/1, while Sam is as long as 50/1.

In fairness, Ray is head, shoulder and skates above everyone else to start with.

Unless he drops Maria on her head, or crashes into the judges' desk, I can't see how he won't win it.

Won't stop me watching the intervening rounds though :D

• Advertisement

In fairness, Ray is head, shoulder and skates above everyone else to start with.

Unless he drops Maria on her head, or crashes into the judges' desk, I can't see how he won't win it.

Well, the producers and judges certainly seem to be doing everything they can to make sure he wins. Why else was Suzanne paired with him this week?

And if he did cock up big time, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted him to win even more as a consequence... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, Christine turned 35 last night, and Pip duly wished her a happy birthday - to silence from the studio audience. :D

Most of the members must have felt, rightly, that Holly (who herself turns 33 next week) has to make an appearance at some point before the final curtain... ;)

It looks like we will be seeing a former judge, though - the news is that Nicky Slater will fill in for Robin while he's in Sochi.

Advertisement