Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto X: News, Rumours and possible release dates!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

acalmenvoy wrote: »
    True, but wasn't that before the HTC 1 and S4 google editions?

It sure was...don't think Google can tell the future though...can they? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Im really interested just because Leo was talking Gina to get rid of the HTC One, which he himself uses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Even though we know whats coming I cant wait to see how many people will be complaining about the specs

Totally agree, its an interesting twist to what is already out there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Motorola have shown they actually care about battery life. They announced the Droid Maxx a few days ago with a 3500Mah battery. The Note 2 only has a 3100Mah battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭Mark.87

Google / Motorola spending $500M on GLOBAL advertising, I think we can take it that it will be available outside the US, like always we probably just have to wait a bit longer!!!

I'm a bit fan of TWiT and Leo seems genuinely excited about the Moto X so it should be good. Throughout various shows he has hinted (as much as he can with the NDA) that it will not be as full speced as the HTC One or S4 but that it will be more than any mid-ranged phone. He also hinted that the price is going to be very nice and that there are still some features to be announced.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if they are streaming the event on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Mark.87 wrote: »
    Google / Motorola spending $500M on GLOBAL advertising, I think we can take it that it will be available outside the US, like always we probably just have to wait a bit longer!!!

I'm a bit fan of TWiT and Leo seems genuinely excited about the Moto X so it should be good. Throughout various shows he has hinted (as much as he can with the NDA) that it will not be as full speced as the HTC One or S4 but that it will be more than any mid-ranged phone. He also hinted that the price is going to be very nice and that there are still some features to be announced.

I don't doubt that it will see a global launch but 500 million is pennies for a brand that needs to build mind share. Samsung global spend last year was around 10 billion, silly money but it's estimated to be more this year.

I don't doubt that it will see a global launch but 500 million is pennies for a brand that needs to build mind share. Samsung global spend last year was around 10 billion, silly money but it's estimated to be more this year.

My point wasn’t to do with the amount and was more that they have already said it’s a global phone and not US only.

Samsung do have a ridiculously high budget for their electronics division but to put the figure in comparison, according to one report from Asymco Apple spent $1 Billion in 2012 for its entire product range.

I’m not in advertising or analysis so who really knows what’s what. I’m just excited to see what the phone can actually do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Someone over in Moto is a bit too keen. Chrome extension and Android app released.

Motorola Connect, a Chrome extension which shows calls and texts from your mobile.

Motorola Migrate, an Android app to transfer your data from your old phone to your new one.

Interestingly the Android app is available to install outside the US. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but international launch? :D

We'll find out in a few hours Captain!
    I have to admit, I really hope my previous info was wrong.

We've known about Motorola Migrate for a while now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Keith186

Someone over in Moto is a bit too keen.

Interestingly the Android app is available to install outside the US. Maybe I'm being too optimistic but international launch? :D

That's because they'll be selling it from the Google play store worldwide straight after the conference!

Have faith :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

what time is the launch? any good sites worth keeping a track of? i know theres no live streaming but is anyone worthwhile doing a live blog?

Keith186 wrote: »
    That's because they'll be selling it from the Google play store worldwide straight after the conference!

Have faith :)

i hope so, but werent the rumours that this would be off play store and be direct from Motorola and carriers? Doubt we could access it from Ireland if its through the play store??Heres hoping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Sonics2k wrote: »
    We'll find out in a few hours Captain!
    I have to admit, I really hope my previous info was wrong.

We've known about Motorola Migrate for a while now though.

what time is the reveal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

3pm us time?

Yeah i surprised by that considering all the hype, but hey they have done an amazing launch campaign to date. Really looking forward to this, think my 4 week old S4 will be going up for sale at the end of the day :D Gonna be weird having a motorola again, havent had one since working for them years ago when they gave me a Startac :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Ive a Nexus 4 & One X ready to go already. Im so curious about this phone :pac:

The Verge will be doing a live show for the MotoX later ;)
    http://www.theverge.com/2013/7/31/4575418/the-verge-live-moto-x-august-1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

projectgtr wrote: »
    Yeah i surprised by that considering all the hype, but hey they have done an amazing launch campaign to date. Really looking forward to this, think my 4 week old S4 will be going up for sale at the end of the day :D Gonna be weird having a motorola again, havent had one since working for them years ago when they gave me a Startac :D

The last Motorola phone I had was the Atrix 4G. I had no fault with that phone, it even had a fingerprint scanner on the back, which was pretty cool. So looking forward to the features on this Moto X.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

I'm excited. My Nexus S is struggling to work every day, I'm ready for something new. Hopefully the price is right :)

• Advertisement

I seen a poster that stated there is a massive event after. Live music etc and goes on till late in the night.

Advertisement