Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dublin Bus 2013 GT (proposed or permanent) Allocations

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Joshycat wrote: »
    Oh sweet dear jesus! They will be ruined in no time :mad:

150 is very quiet, doesn't use the Crumlin Road anymore. Usually gets the best AVs in Ringsend.

There's enough GTs going to Ringsend to cover the 150, 49 and another route or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

GT105 was seen on the 150 today, so obviously it's first day in service. I think a couple of others are/were on it too, and one was seen on the 15B, surprisingly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Trebor176 wrote: »
    GT105 was seen on the 150 today, so obviously it's first day in service. I think a couple of others are/were on it too, and one was seen on the 15B, surprisingly enough.

They were working on the route yesterday along with at least one AX. Makes a change from some of the more threadbare AV's that worked the route over the last few years.

AV12 wasn't letting the GTs have it their own way on the 150 last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭rx8

Three new GT's were sent out this morning on the 77A, and three more on the 15's.
    Don't know which way round the numbers were but 102, 103, 107, 108, 110 &112 were the buses allocated.
    I'll be keeping a close eye on the condition they come back in.
    The ramps on the 77A would be the biggest concern, as there is something like 76 of them on a round trip.

• Advertisement

Sounds a bit bonkers to me that they'd put brand new buses on these routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I though I saw GT 102 on the 150 a few days ago. It's had GT's for a month now as well as newer AV's and AX's. Some of the speed ramps have tested them big time; it's not an easy route for a buses suspension.

As I write, GT 106 has just passed my window.

About a week ago GT104 spent a day on the 27 in the morning, the 77A at lunchtime and operated the last 56A from the city centre. :pac:

Amazing that these are getting on the 77A (in particular) while the EVs remain the golden child restricted to three routes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

dfx- wrote: »
    About a week ago GT104 spent a day on the 27 in the morning, the 77A at lunchtime and operated the last 56A from the city centre. :pac:

Amazing that these are getting on the 77A (in particular) while the EVs remain the golden child restricted to three routes.

The GTs belong to the NTA and will be taken back from DB in 2016 when they tender out routes the EVs belong to DB probably explains it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

The NTA is another concoction made up be are wasters in the government to give more of their family members high paying jobs.

The NTA does not own the buses the Irish tax payers own these buses.
    Dublin Bus is a semi state so it relies on the money it takes in on fares but also for running routes that take in little or no cash need to be subsidised to keep them running.

A private company is still going to cost the tax payer the same or maybe even more as they will be like Veolia that manage the Luas.( The tracks & trams were bought by the government and paid from our taxes) equals exactly what everyone is going on about here where the NTA will take all the new GT's and hand them over to a private operator who only has to supply a driver.

Are the Irish people really happy with themselves that we are giving away all our assets to non Irish companies.

Dublin Bus isn't the best but it isn't the worst what needs to be taken out of the equation is politics and a overhaul of the running of the company.

There is nearly 1 clerical staff member for every 2 drivers in or around that someone may come back with exact figures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Rabbitt

The NTA is another concoction made up be are wasters in the government to give more of their family members high paying jobs.

The NTA does not own the buses the Irish tax payers own these buses.
    Dublin Bus is a semi state so it relies on the money it takes in on fares but also for running routes that take in little or no cash need to be subsidised to keep them running.

A private company is still going to cost the tax payer the same or maybe even more as they will be like Veolia that manage the Luas.( The tracks & trams were bought by the government and paid from our taxes) equals exactly what everyone is going on about here where the NTA will take all the new GT's and hand them over to a private operator who only has to supply a driver.

Are the Irish people really happy with themselves that we are giving away all our assets to non Irish companies.

Dublin Bus isn't the best but it isn't the worst what needs to be taken out of the equation is politics and a overhaul of the running of the company.

There is nearly 1 clerical staff member for every 2 drivers in or around that someone may come back with exact figures.

Slightly off topic but why in the name of God are the new 13 reg buses being fitted with WIFI? For me it's a waste of cash in a company who is loosing thousands a week.
    Granted its a nice touch for people on the bus but you get to surf the net on your smartphone anyway.
    Also it's not gonna make me change to the bus

cdebru wrote: »
    The GTs belong to the NTA and will be taken back from DB in 2016 when they tender out routes the EVs belong to DB probably explains it.

So DB are losing buses by the removal of the AVs rather than replacement..

What is unusual though then, is that the 12D GTs are also strictly allocated. GT78 is never off the 49. The rest are on the 49 or 1. They don't drift like their 13D compatriots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Rabbitt wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but why in the name of God are the new 13 reg buses being fitted with WIFI? For me it's a waste of cash in a company who is loosing thousands a week.
    Granted its a nice touch for people on the bus but you get to surf the net on your smartphone anyway.
    Also it's not gonna make me change to the bus

The NTA spec the buses they are the ones paying for them they choose the spec, so nothing really to do with DB.
    The purchase of new buses is more to do with providing buses to private operators in 2016, they are spreading out the purchase so they don't have to buy them all in 2016 as far as I can see, and in the end the entire fleet will be NTA owned by 2019 when the tender is up again for the radial routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

GT121 positively sparkling under street lights on the 69 tonight :cool:

Anyone any ideas as to why C/Road haven't put any more of their fleet out? Nothing beyond GT121/GT122 has seen service.

And AV98-103, AV107 are still in service and AV185 is back in service

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Some rumours going around about that....

I had heard things, but it's AV185 having a rear axle problem, being sent to Donnybrook to fix it and then reappearing last week back in service at C/Road that has my suspicions up.

Harristown should be getting theirs too..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I spotted GT127 being driven on the 13 in Westmoreland Street at 5pm last Friday evening.

I also noticed on the 4 with a presumably new GT just having Bus Atha Cliath with the TFI logo written on the back of them when it was going along Temple Hill in Blackrock on Sunday.

I assume that was the case with the 13 bus last Friday.

Does anyone here know why is that the case? Are Dublin Bus to have just the Irish Translation with the TFI logo on their back of their entire bus fleet soon or is it just the GT's for trial purposes?

GT122 was the first one as far as I know to have it. Strange that it starts mid-batch like that.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

dfx- wrote: »
    Harristown should be getting theirs too..

I think I saw a GT on the 83 this morning.

Haven't seen any on that route before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

The GTs are mainly allocated to the 83 now. The 140 was meant to have been converted to GT operation, but obviously there was a change of plan.

Trebor176 wrote: »
    The GTs are mainly allocated to the 83 now. The 140 was meant to have been converted to GT operation, but obviously there was a change of plan.

The 140 is my daily route, I was hoping it would get it soon.

I guess I'll have to keep waiting.

How many of the new batch entered service so far, does anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Csalem

Up to 147 or 149 have been seen in service.

Csalem wrote: »
    Up to 147 or 149 have been seen in service.

Does the bigger number have to mean newer bus? I thought it was just random between GT80-160.

I was on GT149 today on the 9 route. Seeing a lot more of them now in the North Dublin area.

Not necessarily newer in terms of being made, but increasing fleet number generally corresponds to being the most recent into service.

GT149 is the latest that is seeing service I think.

Advertisement