Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" Shame on you " Michael Martin

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

You see, that's not credible.

I don't think you can expect people to take something you're saying here at face value, when you have an obvious political bias. As incredible as I find it that Martin was engaging with the WSM, or that the protestors were not the ones closest to the gate, even engaging with this hypothesis is futile to begin with.

For now, or until some objective source demonstrates otherwise, I think the video has to be taken at its face value.

Whatever, you wouldnt believe me eitherway.

Although it is interesting that the Journal have updated their article to include the following:
    Fianna Fáil Deputy Micheál Martin spoke to parents, SNAs and members of disability rights groups but a small number of people in the crowd shouted ‘Shame on you!’

You probably wont think the Journal are credible either though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Whatever, you wouldnt believe me eitherway.

Although it is interesting that the Journal have updated their article to include the following:

You probably wont think the Journal are credible either though.

That's not correct . The chants in the videos are from more than a small number of people.

Michael Martin took the correct decision to flee before others discovered he was trying to infiltrate for a photo opportunity.

Willie o Dea , scarpered quickly too in November when he too was detected trying to score some photo opportunities.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

There we have it, now the article is wrong because it is saying something you don't like to hear - but you were happy to share the article when it adhered to your viewpoint.

There we have it, now the article is wrong because it is saying something you don't like to hear - but you were happy to share the article when it adhered to your viewpoint.

Did Martins press office call the Journal request this "small number" edit? Can you check ?

The videos are clear this is a huge swell of people irritated and angered by Michael Martins infiltration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

raymon wrote: »
    I hope Ogra , Martin and Willie turn up at more protests with their FF balloons, tshirts , hats and badges. I hope the protestors turn on them each time.

( not in a violent way )

It will remind them of the suffering they caused.

I doubt anything anyone can say would distract you from "FF=satan" viewpoint.
    I take that you don't believe that anyone who ever voted FF should be allowed excersise their franchise again either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭idiottje

I WAS there. I was standing on the corner at Buswells, in front of Eamon Ryan, as it happens. Let me start by saying I am not a member of ANY political party. I am no friend of FF, but neither do I support SF, FG, SWP and my feelings toward Labour are getting to the "same of the rest of them stage."
    So, I was there, and there were more than just a few, or a small number of people chanting SHAME ON YOU! I would put it well over 100. Okay, I will admit that the SF guys were at the front row, but I would put their numbers at 15, and that was at a push. There was REAL anger that FF and Ogra FF should try and score political points at this event. Now, the FF and Ogra FF people can spin this anyway they want. However, if you genuinely believe that the vast majorty of people chanting were political representatives or associated to a socilist grouping, I worry for your grasp of what actually happened there, and the anger felt by what was mostly, the general public.

EDIT: Fix a typo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Most politicians in my experience are, in the main out for what they can get for themselves. They want to get on the gravy train before retiring on to more than generous pensions. If in doing so they can do some good for the country and the people all the better. If on the other hand people suffer because of there selfish desire for power and money so be it.

Fine Geal, Fine Fail, Labour or whoever, they are for the most, all the same. If any politician can make a cut in SNA's or cuts in general to the vulnerable without first cutting or ending their crazy travel/attendance allowance, this shows me how much they really care for these people. I think the travel/attendance allowance is 12,000 tax free for TD's living in the Dublin region.

A country that borrows billions every year to run the country and these people think this payment is warranted on top of their healthy salaries. This payment is more than the amount a person on social welfare gets in a year.These same politicians are quick to tell us about the borrowed billions when defending cuts they make.

I'm not saying politicians should not be allowed attend protests, I am just questioning their sincerity toward the vulnerable and all the people of this country.

I doubt anything anyone can say would distract you from "FF=satan" viewpoint.
    I take that you don't believe that anyone who ever voted FF should be allowed excersise their franchise again either!

I don't think FF = Satan

I just don't like misrepresenters, liars, thieves, perjurers, traitors, etc etc

In this specific case I am taking exception to FFs misrepresentation of themselves.

Sierra Oscar , were you at the protest yourself. ?

I am asking only because you asked me the same question.
    I was not there , I don't have anyone with educational special needs in my family / friends and I don't support any party or group that needs to get a photo ( or any party for that matter).

Yep, I was there. Was standing near Buswells myself so I must have been quite close to idiottje.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,525 ✭✭✭golfball37

If FF supporters believe only crazies hold them responsible for most of the things that destroyed this country, then there is no hope for them.

Yep, I was there. Was standing near Buswells myself so I must have been quite close to idiottje.

Why were you there ? As a Fianna Fail activist?

What was your specific protest ?

Why were you there ? As a Fianna Fail activist?

What was your specific protest ?

What is this, an inquisition? Why exactly does it matter to you?

What is this, an inquisition? Why exactly does it matter to you?

You asked me if I was there and I answered why I was not.

Sorry to have struck a raw nerve.... I was just returning your question back at you

So can I ask you - what was FF protesting about specifically ?

Just to jog the memories of Fianna Fail here is a special needs cuts protest from 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEyGOuBGGWo

In addition Fianna Fail have wasted 10s of millions of Euro in the courts blocking special needs cases.

The amnesia of Fianna Fail is staggering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭OCorcrainn

No problem. This fella, who is a well known serial agitator by the name of Greg Kerr, also happens to be a member of the Workers Solidarity Movement - which is an anarchist organization. Satisfied?

He spends his life trying to infiltrate protests with the view to causing disruption, mainly due to the fact that few want anything to do with the Workers Solidarity Movement. It telling that he didn't bring along a WSM banner, nor did any of the other serial WSM agitators.

You have said numerous times that you are a Fianna Fáil supporter so don't be surprised if no one is going to take what you say at face value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭OCorcrainn

Fianna Fáil introduced SNA's in the first place. Between 1997 and 2011 the number of SNA's increased from 300 to just under 10,000.

Sources please.

OCorcrainn wrote: »
    Sources please.

The numbers are technically correct. However( surprise , surprise) they are not the full story.

If you take the last 2.5 years of the FF mess the number of SNAs were cut . There were protests over these savage cuts.

I suppose we can hardly expect raymon to post the latest Journal article on this matter, which highlights that a small but vocal group sought to hijack the protest?
    At a protest outside Leinster House in Dublin last night, which was attended by around 700 people, when Fianna Fáil Deputy Micheál Martin spoke to parents, SNAs and members of disability rights groups, he was heckled by a small number of people in the crowd.

The usual agitators did themselves no good by detracting from the issue at hand last night.

I suppose we can hardly expect raymon to post the latest Journal article on this matter, which highlights that a small but vocal group sought to hijack the protest?

The usual agitators did themselves no good by detracting from the issue at hand last night.

This whole episode was a major embarrassment to FF. The respinning of the original story must have been hard work for the FF press office.

Shame on them all for exploiting the vulnerable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

This whole episode was a major embarrassment to FF. The respinning of the original story must have been hard work for the FF press office.

Shame on them all for exploiting the vulnerable.

Shame! Ya must be joking. Politicians and shame would be like politicians and truth imo.

Sierra , can you tell us specifically what FF were protesting about? It is very confusing for me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sierra , can you tell us specifically what FF were protesting about? It is very confusing for me

Thanks

The reason is stated in the journal.ie article in your own OP. Thread is just going round in circles if posters aren't even going to read their own articles properly.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    The reason is stated in the journal.ie article in your own OP. Thread is just going round in circles if posters aren't even going to read their own articles properly.
    The proposed cuts were reversed so the motive of the FF protest is not clear.

The proposed cuts were reversed so the motive of the FF protest is not clear.

Some of the matters relating to assistant teachers were resolved, but the matters relating to special needs assistance's were not.

Sierra , just one more question . Are the two " Ogra" guys in the green tshirts really primarily members of the youth wing or are they higher ranking members of Fianna Fail itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Sierra , just one more question . Are the two " Ogra" guys in the green tshirts really primarily members of the youth wing or are they higher ranking members?

Two more well fed "Fat Cats". The new litter coming up the ranks. I was there in 2013 front line protesting against the cuts. In our manifesto.... ( for hire campaign writer for the scum in next elections as long as the pay goes into the ,00000)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

If they wanted to protest let them protest but don't turn up in Party issued clothing, drawing attention to themselves

Sierra , just one more question . Are the two " Ogra" guys in the green tshirts really primarily members of the youth wing or are they higher ranking members of Fianna Fail itself?

Both are very active Ógra members if what I hear is correct.
    If they wanted to protest let them protest but don't turn up in Party issued clothing, drawing attention to themselves

In fairness, I would tend to agree with you there. I would imagine it was a genuine oversight, but if I was organizing the demonstration I would try and make sure that anyone involved has access to the clothing issued by the demonstration organizers themselves. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they ran out of such clothing, as I saw plenty of people from all parties wearing the demonstration clothing and then more who were in their own clothing or FF / SF clothing etc.

• Advertisement

Both are very active Ógra members if what I hear is correct.

Is that their primary function in FF or are they higher elected officials misrepresenting themselves as ogra ?

Advertisement