Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

" Shame on you " Michael Martin

Options
  • 27-06-2013 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

Michael Martin and Ogra Fianna Fail were ejected from a special needs protest that they tried to infiltrate early today.

Video is attached http://www.thejournal.ie/martin-told-shame-on-you-at-special-needs-cuts-protest-968311-Jun2013/

It took Michael a while to realise that the "shame on you" chant was being directed towards him.

This follows an attempt in recent months by Willie o Dea to infiltrate another protest. He was also heckled and asked to leave.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

raymon wrote: »
    Michael Martin and Ogra Fianna Fail were ejected from a special needs protest that they tried to infiltrate early today.

Video is attached http://www.thejournal.ie/martin-told-shame-on-you-at-special-needs-cuts-protest-968311-Jun2013/

It took Michael a while to realise that the "shame on you" chant was being directed towards him.

This follows an attempt in recent weeks by Willie o Dea to infiltrate another protest. He was also heckled and asked to leave.

Shame on you is right Michael, shame all over every bit of you indeed, Michael.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭raymon

Here is a vid of Willies ejection from a disability rally in November. Go to 3:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LaQRijv4-U&feature=youtu.be

Here is a vid of Willies ejection from a disability rally in November. Go to 3:40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LaQRijv4-U&feature=youtu.be

This country needs more people like John Rodgers, well said John, well said!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Stuff like that really does give one confidence of the future. Hopefully that will serve as a warning.

I'm delighted the youth wing got in the neck aswell. Such an awfull deluded hackish shower.

They've no shame.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

So members of Ogra FF, most of whom would not even have been in their teens when this country was being wrecked are to be refused the right to comment or protest at the current governments policies!
    Now thats hypocrisy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

A group of anarchists from the Workers Solidarity Movement tried to hijack a protest, whats new?

They also turned on the protest marshals after which is sickening.

A group of anarchists from the Workers Solidarity Movement tried to hijack a protest, whats new?

They also turned on the protest marshals after which is sickening.

That has nothing to do with it. Whatabout this and whatabout that is not relevant.

Bona fidae protesters did not want Michael Martin or Ogra Fianna Fail there .

In an earlier disability protest Willie o Dea was asked to leave by real protesters.

So members of Ogra FF, most of whom would not even have been in their teens when this country was being wrecked are to be refused the right to comment or protest at the current governments policies!
    Now thats hypocrisy!

Shame on them too.

They are trying to score political points on the backs of vulnerable people , who have been made worse off by the actions of the Anglo/Fianna Fail party

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

That has nothing to do with it. Whatabout this and whatabout that is not relevant.

Bona fidae protesters did not want Michael Martin or Ogra Fianna Fail there .

In an earlier disability protest Willie o Dea was asked to leave by real protesters.

Were you at the protest? If you were you would have known that the main body of protestors were to the rear on Molesworth street for an address and a ragbag of anarchist protestors prevented Ógra members from moving, and then proceeded to shout abuse. When marshals tried to intervene they were blocked by these anarchists who accused them of being 'collaborators' and were forcibly blocked.

I have little time for those who refuse others the right to express their voice.

• Advertisement

Were you at the protest? If you were you would have known that the main body of protestors were to the rear on Molesworth street for an address and a ragbag of anarchist protestors prevented Ógra members from moving, and then proceeded to shout abuse. When marshals tried to intervene they were blocked by these anarchists who accused them of being 'collaborators' and were forcibly blocked.

I have little time for those who refuse others the right to express their voice.

Anarchist protesters , that's ridiculous, please provide details of how you arrived at this conclusion.

The ones I saw on video were teachers who were angry at Fianna Fail cynically exploiting a special needs protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

FF are trying to protray themselves as victims in all of this now. Shows you how low the political parties can go in this country. Look at us we are being victimised the same as special needs children, we didn't cause this but are being blamed, we're own your side good citizens of Ireland. My god time to throw these low life scum of OUR island.

Anarchist protesters , that's ridiculous, please provide details of how you arrived at this conclusion.

No problem. This fella, who is a well known serial agitator by the name of Greg Kerr, also happens to be a member of the Workers Solidarity Movement - which is an anarchist organization. Satisfied?

He spends his life trying to infiltrate protests with the view to causing disruption, mainly due to the fact that few want anything to do with the Workers Solidarity Movement. It telling that he didn't bring along a WSM banner, nor did any of the other serial WSM agitators.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just to play the role of devil's advocate for a moment, didn't special needs spending increase hugely under FF during the boom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

No problem. This fella, who is a well known serial agitator by the name of Greg Kerr, also happens to be a member of the Workers Solidarity Movement - which is an anarchist organization. Satisfied?

He spends his life trying to infiltrate protests with the view to causing disruption, mainly due to the fact that few want anything to do with the Workers Solidarity Movement. It telling that he didn't bring along a WSM banner, nor did any of the other serial WSM agitators.
    the hyocrisy of a FFer criticising someone from the WSM for bandwagoning this protest... what about the people chanting? I didn't know there was that many people in the WSM.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

stevenmu wrote: »
    Just to play the role of devil's advocate for a moment, didn't special needs spending increase hugely under FF during the boom?

Didn't Income tax come down, didn't planning application get approved for a few euro, didn't housing market spiral out of control, didn't speculation and re-zoning prevail for developer friends. Oh don't go with the when they were in power ALL THE GOOD they did line.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭chunkylover4

You don't visit this forum much do you :)? Don't let facts distract you from FF/Bankers/Troika/travellers/social welfare/other people. bashing

the hyocrisy of a FFer criticising someone from the WSM for bandwagoning this protest... what about the people chanting? I didn't know there was that many people in the WSM.

Were you at the protest? The vast majority of demonstrators were on Molsworth street when this happened, and were pretty disgusted that a small but vocal group from the WSM focused their energy on undermining the protest as a whole.

I have no problem with the WSM joining protests. However when they do they should highlight their affiliation - like Ógra did - instead of being cowards.

You don't visit this forum much do you :)? Don't let facts distract you from FF/Bankers/Troika/travellers/social welfare/other people. bashing

Between 'facts' and politicians, we are all vulnerable to distractions like this every now and then. Let us be free of this and pave way to a brighter future for ourselves and our future generations.

Were you at the protest? The vast majority of demonstrators were on Molsworth street when this happened, and were pretty disgusted that a small but vocal group from the WSM focused their energy on undermining the protest as a whole.

I have no problem with the WSM joining protests. However when they do they should highlight their affiliation - like Ógra did - instead of being cowards.

It is not brave for Fianna Fail to hijack a special needs protest. It is shameful.

What specifically were they protesting about anyway ?

Were you there yourself?

• Advertisement

It is not brave for Fianna Fail to hijack a special needs protest. It is shameful.

What specifically were they protesting about anyway ?

Were you there yourself?

Hijack? They were there supporting a Fianna Fáil motion, and were invited by the organizers to attend. I am not so sure if the organizers were as keen to have the WSM in attendance given their record of destroying protests by detracting from the issue at hand. No one has a monopoly over the expression of opinion - but it seems some serial agitators are not happy about that.

Dáil Éireann - Private Members Business (Fianna Fáil) 25 - 26 June 2013

Were you at the protest?
    Of course not.

That's irrelevant to the point I made: it is totally hypocritical for you to be criticizing another party or individual's "infiltration" of a protest just because your own party tried this and got what they deserved.

I'm just curious, if it was the WSM, why was Micheál Martin approaching them, and not the crowd on Molesworth Street. That hardly makes sense, does it. I don't believe that genuine protestors didn't protest FF.

Of course not.

That's irrelevant to the point I made: it is totally hypocritical for you to be criticizing another party or individual's "infiltration" of a protest just because your own party tried this and got what they deserved.

I'm just curious, if it was the WSM, why was Micheál Martin approaching them, and not the crowd on Molesworth Street. That hardly makes sense, does it. I don't believe that genuine protestors didn't protest FF.

You see if you were there, you would be aware of the fact that Micheál Martin was on the ground for fifteen minutes engaging with the crowd just fine before this occurred. It was only when he went to go back inside, which meant breaking away from the main body of the protest, that the agitators spotted their moment to cause trouble.

Also, as I pointed out above, Fianna Fáil did not 'hijack' this demonstration. They were encouraged to attend by the organizers, especially due to the fact that the protest as a whole was supporting a Fianna Fáil motion - something which seems to have slipped the minds of the serial agitators. Fianna Fáil will be out on the streets from here on in. The WSM and others may not be happy about that - but they will have to get over it.

stevenmu wrote: »

I think you are incorrect there , didn't FF reduce SNAs between 2009-2011 and proposed a cap for 2011+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭EdCastle

FF wrecked the country. The protesters were within their rights to boot them out. If young people are stupid enough to join up with Ógra FF then they can expect to take the flack that comes with that. ....the next generation of wreckers is all they are!

I think you are incorrect there , didn't FF reduce SNAs between 2009-2011 and proposed a cap for 2011+

Fianna Fáil introduced SNA's in the first place. Between 1997 and 2011 the number of SNA's increased from 300 to just under 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

The boom (or more accurately the bubble as so much was due to a construction bubble) was over by 2009.

FF were obviously trying to cash in on an anti government protest but to be fair as part of their vote buying policies Michael Martin seemed to actually care about the issue. He was minister for education when special needs assistants and resource teachers were introduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

EdCastle wrote: »
    FF wrecked the country. The protesters were within their rights to boot them out. If young people are stupid enough to join up with Ógra FF then they can expect to take the flack that comes with that. ....the next generation of wreckers is all they are!

FF wrecked the country, that is not in question, but they did so to the yells of "spend more, you're not spending as much as you could" from FG,Lab,SF,SWP etc!
    Truth is few of those in the Dail,or seeking election to it from the mid 90's to the crash have clean hands.
    As for Ogra FF, they have as much right to protest, and to participate in politics as anyone else.

FF wrecked the country, that is not in question, but they did so to the yells of "spend more, you're not spending as much as you could" from FG,Lab,SF,SWP etc!
    Truth is few of those in the Dail,or seeking election to it from the mid 90's to the crash have clean hands.
    As for Ogra FF, they have as much right to protest, and to participate in politics as anyone else.

I hope Ogra , Martin and Willie turn up at more protests with their FF balloons, tshirts , hats and badges. I hope the protestors turn on them each time.

( not in a violent way )

It will remind them of the suffering they caused.

• Advertisement

You see if you were there...
    You see, that's not credible.

I don't think you can expect people to take something you're saying here at face value, when you have an obvious political bias. As incredible as I find it that Martin was engaging with the WSM, or that the protestors were not the ones closest to the gate, even engaging with this hypothesis is futile to begin with.

For now, or until some objective source demonstrates otherwise, I think the video has to be taken at its face value.

Advertisement