Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Buns/Biscuits Do You Keep For Visitors?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

What evers in the press , if they don't like or want them . Well then thats tough .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Basically my system would work as follows:

Step1: Use biscuits that the last visitors brought me.
    Step 2: 1st Visitors bring their own biscuits that somebody gave them.
    Step 3: Use biscuits that 1st visitors brought on second visitors.
    Step 4: Second visitors biscuits will then serve for 3rd visitors biscuits
    Step 5: Etc.*

Although it's a bit like which came first the chicken or the egg. Except the biscuits or the visitors :eek:

Either way they're not getting the freshly baked Apple Tart that's resting on my window sill everyday** :pac:

*I've never had a visitor
    **Or a freshly baked Apple Tart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

You can't be like that. Everybody gets tea/coffee and cake/biscuits in my house, it's the Irish way.

An Irish house without sweet buns is like a pub with no beer.

That works for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

How anyone finds mikados tasty is beyond me.

They're rotten. They taste so artificial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Currant Scones, Butter and Strawberry Jam. These washed down with a pot of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Hob nobs, because Im great :) and fruit shortcake!

I dont have milk though, or teabags....so they know to bring them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

kraggy wrote: »
    How anyone finds mikados tasty is beyond me.

They're rotten. They taste so artificial.

Are they the ones that look like a fanny? I feel awkward eating them around people because I like to lick the jam from the middle first, then bite the marshmallow off....the biscuit is up for grabs! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Ginger nuts! Everyone in my fam loves them, hate them myself, but alas, always have some available.

*waits for the jokes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Those Teahouse express cakes are lovely if someone really special is coming and you're sick of biscuits.

Or a Foxford lunch if they're just ordinary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

you have all of my favourite things, can I call over? Can I have the yello French fancies?

Jamaican ginger cake is sex in a loaf. Om nom nom.

Forget your butter though, few seconds in microwave and a scoop of ice cream ;)

Mmmmm- great minds!!! You can be a special visitor!!! I'm afraid yellows are my favourites so I can only spare you one - do you like them best with the chocolate ones too to counterbalance the tangyn zinginess!?

What flavour ice cream with Jamaican cake!!! Do you heat the cake too!!!!? Never tried... Shopping attack pending!...

Mmmmm- great minds!!! You can be a special visitor!!! I'm afraid yellows are my favourites so I can only spare you one - do you like them best with the chocolate ones too to counterbalance the tangyn zinginess!?

What flavour ice cream with Jamaican cake!!! Do you heat the cake too!!!!? Never tried... Shopping attack pending!...

Excellent, I don't like the chocolate ones so this will work out wonderfully!

Vanilla or honeycomb. And, um, yes, you heat the cake - what else would you heat? The ice cream? Then you could just buy cream and save yourself some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Chocolate Polos. That is all.

CJC999 wrote: »
    Chocolate Polos. That is all.

I don't buy those because they mysteriously disappear out of the packet all by demselves.

Advertisement