Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Buns/Biscuits Do You Keep For Visitors?

Options
  • 26-06-2013 8:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

I hate having visitors, fancy cups have to come out, coffee table has to be polished, jeans have to be zipped up, but every now and then it has to be done. Most visitors that (seldom) visit me know that I never keep sweet things in the house (so they think:p), so they bring their own cakes/buns or whatever for the tea.

On the odd occasion I have to buy something for the visitors' tea, I find Kimberley Mikado to be a great choice. I don't care if the visitors eat them because I don't like them, and I don't care if the visitors don't like them because I don't like visitors.

What is in your press for the visitors' tea?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

The 2 buns on my chest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Festy wrote: »
    The 2 buns on my chest

This does require pics, I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Fcuk that, if visitors are gonna come here and annoy me they had better be bringing biscuits with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

Boring Fig Rolls for the ones I hate and magnificient chocolately amazing ones for the ones I like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Fart wrote: »

If76BV8.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Fart wrote: »

Be very afraid.

I imagine it would be like a car crash , you don't rally want to see it, but you just cant look away.

Festy wrote: »
    If76BV8.jpg

We should mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Boring Fig Rolls for the ones I hate and magnificient chocolately amazing ones for the ones I like.
    But I don't like the chocolate ones?:(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Kimberly, Mikado and Coconut Creams. I'm very traditional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Jam sammiches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

If I know about the impending visit I bake scones or buns. Or an apple crumble if its my parents.
    If its a surprise visit then they better be packing some sugar.

Jam sammiches.
    Rhubarb?

I'll be round in a minute. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

Custard Creme's - been in the biscuit tin since 1983..

Now all I need is visitors..

But I don't like the chocolate ones?:(

:pac:

Get out! Get out now! and take those filthy Fig Rolls with ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Usually a chocolate and blackcurrant creméux with pistachio jelly and a basil and lime macroon on the side.
    Either that or some stale ginger nut.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Rich tea for you, toffeepop for me, rich tea for you, toffeepop for me...

Scylla wrote: »
    Usually a chocolate and blackcurrant creméux with pistachio jelly and a basil and lime macroon on the side.
    .Either that or some stale ginger nut
    You keep Chris Evans in your press?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

I like to keep a selection of biscuits (rich tea, kimberly, polo, mikado) along with some sealed bars like your clubs or penguins or whathaveyou for some variety

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

You keep Chris Evans in your press?:pac:

kowloon wrote: »
    Rich tea for you, toffeepop for me, rich tea for you, toffeepop for me...
    I don't like Toffeepops, they remind of Viscounts! Yuck.:mad:

• Advertisement

I don't like Toffeepops, they remind of Viscounts! Yuck.:mad:

Rich tea for you.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Don't eat biscuits myself as I'd feel bad having a whole pack all for myself so I only indulge my biscuit cravings when someone is visiting. On these glorious days I either buy a selection of biscuits such as hobnobs, chocolate digestives etc. or if I really like the visitors or want to look refined I buy one of those large boxes of biscuits with the whole biscuit gang in them that normally only make an appearance at christmas such as USA or Foxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Custard creams or bourbons <~ my nan had these all the time we would visit. My fav :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

hollster2 wrote: »
    Custard creams or bourbons <~ my nan had these all the time we would visit. My fav :)

Care to share now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

A strawberry-syrup topped cake from the bakery.

Always eat it before the visitors arrive though.

Not that they ever do arrive.

*cries*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Hownowcow

I generally have packets of different types of individually wrapped chocolate bars. I also have Rich Tea or digestives for those on a diet.

In the same cupboard as the biscuits there a packet of some sort of rye bread. The nearest thing to plasterboard I have ever come across.

All biscuits so far. Does anyone get the buns out for the visitors? I used to make my own queencakes when I was younger, must start again I think.

The problem with making buns is the mix. I eat the mix. Then I have to lie down for a while to recover. 'Tis a rich bounty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

A mix of plain and faaaancy biscuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I hate having visitors, fancy cups have to come out, coffee table has to be polished, jeans have to be zipped up, but every now and then it has to be done. Most visitors that (seldom) visit me know that I never keep sweet things in the house (so they think:p), so they bring their own cakes/buns or whatever for the tea.

On the odd occasion I have to buy something for the visitors' tea, I find Kimberley Mikado to be a great choice. I don't care if the visitors eat them because I don't like them, and I don't care if the visitors don't like them because I don't like visitors.

What is in your press for the visitors' tea?

How can there be a post from the 70's on the internet :confused:

Advertisement