Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Buns/Biscuits Do You Keep For Visitors?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

All biscuits so far. Does anyone get the buns out for the visitors? I used to make my own queencakes when I was younger, must start again I think.

Throw in a few currans, that's what granny taught me.

Kimberley Mikado

Kimberley and Mikado are different biscuits.

There are no such biscuits as "Kimberley mikado".

What is wrong with you people.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I get doughnuts,muffins or eclairs in for the in laws on the rare occassions they intrude into our livesvisit us. Other than that the only time we have any biscuits in the house is at Christmas when you have to have the obligatory tin of chocolate biscuits in the cupboard. Still the empty tin comes in very handy for all those odds and end that you have lying around in drawers and then bin a year later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Kimberley and Mikado are different biscuits.

There are no such biscuits as "Kimberley mikado".

What is wrong with you people.

:mad:
    33 posts before someone noticed.:pac: I think that proves that no one reads my riveting OPs.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I just can't look at a mikado the same way since I heard them 'smiling fannies'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

No butterfly buns mentioned? no wonder some of ye are complaining about having no visitors!

guttenberg wrote: »
    No butterfly buns mentioned? no wonder some of ye are complaining about having no visitors!
    I love licking the cream out of them. Good exercise for the oul tongue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hownowcow wrote: »
    I generally have packets of different types of individually wrapped chocolate bars. I also have Rich Tea or digestives for those on a diet.

In the same cupboard as the biscuits there a packet of some sort of rye bread. The nearest thing to plasterboard I have ever come across.

You can keep all that in your press without munching through them between visitors ? Impressed. You must be a Man , or have an iorn will.

I feed the visitings with toffey-pops, Kimberly, Jamaican ginger cake with butter, or Mr Kiplings French Fancies ( if they're fancy guests) . If they're very special guests, I get out the cocktail sausages . But that's just for the Jesus guests - only every 3 years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

We don't keep biscuits in the house, seeing as we don't often have visitors.

...or maybe we have no visitors because we have no biscuits?

l.

I feed the visitings with toffey-pops, Kimberly, Jamaican ginger cake with butter, Mr Kiplings French Fancies ( if they're fancy guests) . If they're very special guests, I get out the cocktail sausages . But that's just for the Jesus guests - only every 3 years or so.

you have all of my favourite things, can I call over? Can I have the yello French fancies?

Jamaican ginger cake is sex in a loaf. Om nom nom.

Forget your butter though, few seconds in microwave and a scoop of ice cream ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Creampies... but only for the ladies

Creampies... but only for the ladies
    Never tasted them, have you got the recipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm inclined to cut up a lidl brand imitation mars bar and lay it out nicely on my best plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,247 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

My mum usually bakes a Swiss roll with lashings of cream and raspberry jam - perfect for when you're watching the aul calories :-P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

Blueberry Muffins and Ben&Jerry Ice Cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I love licking the cream out of them. Good exercise for the oul tongue.

Same as the jam out of the middle of the mikados. Tough muscle needs a lot of exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Nothing, I'm an animal:o I might have a few rich teas lying in the press actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Sharing biscuits?? I've never heard of such a thing :confused:

They're mine, the visitors can feck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

guttenberg wrote: »

Reminds me I used to make these all the time and malteaser muffins and coffee slices think ill have to pop to the shop tommorow for some ingrediants. :) yum

I tasted battenburg for the first time in my life im now 29 and its was christmas in my mouth how did I miss it lol.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Festy wrote: »
    If76BV8.jpg

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,776 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Fcuk that, if visitors are gonna come here and annoy me they had better be bringing biscuits with them.

Brings round a tin of USA.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

almond fingers. to die for!

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

Lisha wrote: »
    I just can't look at a mikado the same way since I heard them 'smiling fannies'

My friend likes to tell us she has her mikado when she's on her period..
    It has ruined the biscuits for me!:o

Are Mikados the furry ones or the funny tasting ones? I forget.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I like the small wraped bars myself, like club milks and then a couple of slices of maderia cake on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Mugatuu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

what are visitors?? o0 ..and why would you need to feed them sweet things? >_> ..

___
    On the odd time, I have someone round I actually want to spend time around, I cook lunch or dinner.
    But no, never biscuits or cakes. We rarely have any in the house..and I ain't buying some because social etiquette says I should :P

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

When someone I like is coming to visit and I know about it I would make coconut buns, carrot cake or chocolate muffins. My latest favourite is chocolate biscuit 'cake', if I don't know they are planning on coming they get whatever biccies the kids haven't scoffed - probably digestives

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

biscuits? buns? keep? pfft they barely last the journey from the carrier bag to the cupboard in my house.

• Advertisement

what are visitors?? o0 ..and why would you need to feed them sweet things? >_> ..

___
    On the odd time, I have someone round I actually want to spend time around, I cook lunch or dinner.
    But no, never biscuits or cakes. We rarely have any in the house..and I ain't buying some because social etiquette says I should :P
    You can't be like that. Everybody gets tea/coffee and cake/biscuits in my house, it's the Irish way.

An Irish house without sweet buns is like a pub with no beer.

Advertisement