Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I did some detailing...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone ever try the turtle wax paste to wax a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭ShaunieVW

So this morning I did a bit of mechanical messing to get this inca (despite the front lol) back to life it was sitting for 2 years so need a bit of work. Got it home anyway and it was covered in moss and 2 years of crap. Gave it a quick Jose down to remove the rough stuff and then sprayed it with APC, allowed to dwell as I set up the buckets etc. hosed it down and washed it as normal using the 2BM and Mr.pink shampoo. This is the result of that. Got rained off so the plan will be polish and wax and treat trim in the next couple of weeks.

image2_zpsm4sr9kro.jpeg

image7_zpsn9yjveqe.jpeg

image6_zpsthoepctt.jpeg

image5_zpsekpwrcsx.jpeg

image9_zpsp4wiruu4.jpeg

image15_zpst2q6iu1n.jpeg

image16_zpsbah1wklf.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

cena wrote:
    Anyone ever try the turtle wax paste to wax a car?

I did before, found it quite good actually, really easy to work with, but the lads here will recommend better stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

ShaunieVW wrote: »
    So this morning I did a bit of mechanical messing to get this inca (despite the front lol) back to life it was sitting for 2 years so need a bit of work. Got it home anyway and it was covered in moss and 2 years of crap. Gave it a quick Jose down to remove the rough stuff and then sprayed it with APC, allowed to dwell as I set up the buckets etc. hosed it down and washed it as normal using the 2BM and Mr.pink shampoo. This is the result of that. Got rained off so the plan will be polish and wax and treat trim in the next couple of weeks.

The last picture makes it look like you've washed broken tiles off the car!

Cui bono?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Got my Ironx today so I gave it a go. Got two wheels done before snow stopped all work. Not dramatic, there wasn't much iron on there.

Before.

IMG_3659_zpscdbso1nz.jpg

After.

IMG_3660_zpsohegqcco.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Wasn't me who did the detailing..!

After the 166's big overhaul on the paint I brought it to Ian in Elite last weekend for a wash. He went through the technique thoroughly with me and I left with a clean car! Win win!

9b33vQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Done the brothers x5 today came up very well with a few new products I got off curran
    Job was a pain in the the arse with the winds today but well worth the efford nd the **** head didn't even says thanks ha

Pretty good hand polish I thought

image_zps1h3o6rdy.jpg

image_zpsdbbb82cv.jpg

image_zpsby853kav.jpg

image_zpsq9r826eg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

She's looking well Darragh. Good job.

X5 is some vehicle. A machine polish and wheels off job would do wonders there. You'd want some arms on you to be hand polishing a BMW.

They come out so well though, and even though black is hard to maintain, getting dirty only a few hours after cleaning, as someone rightly pointed out here, it is those few hours that matter :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Darraghmh91.

Yeah I wanted to take the wheels off it and do s proper job but he didn't want it .. I was pretty dead tho but he's happy with the result do that's the main thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Yesterday before midway i decided to go to Ian to get the gtv washed, mainly because I was feeling very lazy.
    Well worth the 20 quid, how someone could pay a tenner for a machine wash is beyond me when you get this level of a wash for 20.
    https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=799758273393494&id=187982314571096

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

what kind of clean was it? 20 euro is pretty cheap, if I had a decent garage, I'd be charging the neighbours for that level of wash, they're always commenting on how good the car looks. But then again as Curran knows, they probably "stole" my HydrO2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Mc Love wrote: »
    what kind of clean was it? 20 euro is pretty cheap, if I had a decent garage, I'd be charging the neighbours for that level of wash, they're always commenting on how good the car looks. But then again as Curran knows, they probably "stole" my HydrO2

Car was snow foamed, wheels deironized, wheel arches cleaned, then the rinsed and snow foamed again, 2 bm wash, dried tyres dressed and some spray wax put on.
    In my opinion it was too cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

That was cheap.

God I wish I wasnt working, beautiful day to be out washing the car! Looks like I'll have to wait until Tuesday to get near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Are autosmart air fresheners good? If so what scent? I see you can buy a few in bulk on ebay. I'm sick of magic trees, any other suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Are autosmart air fresheners good? If so what scent? I see you can buy a few in bulk on ebay. I'm sick of magic trees, any other suggestions?

Had a few before and they were grand weren't as strong as magic tree. I can't remember what scent they were though. Kind of white circle shape that hung out of the centre mirror I remember that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You can get a can that you dart a few sprays of into the footwells...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Detailing shed have the 50 cal air fresheners which are very nice. My favourite is Berry Bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

166man wrote: »
    Wasn't me who did the detailing..!

After the 166's big overhaul on the paint I brought it to Ian in Elite last weekend for a wash. He went through the technique thoroughly with me and I left with a clean car! Win win!

9b33vQ.jpg[/quote

Looks well, is that gunmetal grey?any pics of the car outside the wash?

Nope, snot green :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Irishcrx wrote: »

Looks well, is that gunmetal grey?any pics of the car outside the wash?

Have you ever been tested for red/green colour blindness? :pac:

• Advertisement

Have you ever been tested for red/green colour blindness? :pac:

Haha I see it now, nope...was my tired eyes on my Iphone playing tricks on me.

Do love them in Gunmetal grey though!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Nope, snot green :pac:

:D was wondering when that joke would come out...!
    Irishcrx wrote: »
    Haha I see it now, nope...was my tired eyes on my Iphone playing tricks on me.

Do love them in Gunmetal grey though!

Have a few pics alright in the projects and builds section, haven't seen yours around Dubln yet...! :pac:

166man wrote: »
    :D was wondering when that joke would come out...!

Have a few pics alright in the projects and builds section, haven't seen yours around Dubln yet...! :pac:

I'll probably try and make the next meet on here or will be at the Alfa TI Auto track day for sure..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

gave the car a good going over on sat. had some finger prints on the boot lid so wanted rid of them, the polish did a great job on them.
    products: Meguiars Gold Class Shampoo
    DoDo Juice Clay Bar
    Auto Glym Resin Polish
    Collinite 476S Wax.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Nice motor - looks extremely well after the work you did!
    The hand prints may appear again, when the AG SRP washes out - some say it removes them permanently, but most of the time, they are just hiding below the polish - hopefully it lifted them for you! Good work! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭goss101

Curran wrote: »
    Nice motor - looks extremely well after the work you did!
    The hand prints may appear again, when the AG SRP washes out - some say it removes them permanently, but most of the time, they are just hiding below the polish - hopefully it lifted them for you! Good work! ;)[/QUOTE

Cheers, yeah hopefully it lifted them, not sure how deep they were or how they happened, were on the car when i got it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,927 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Detailing shed have the 50 cal air fresheners which are very nice. My favourite is Berry Bomb.

Stripper Scent ftw :)

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Stripper Scent ftw :)

That's a nice one too! Have that myself along with the CG New Car Scent and the Odor Eliminator.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

This car was left idle for six months, there was a leak and well .. stuff grew.

DCmMXdF.jpg

First job was to remove the seats for ease of cleaning and access to the carpet. I extracted these seats with hot water and steam,

24-20150307_170104_zpstxlwvp9s.jpg

25-20150307_172206_zps6ndccec2.jpg

07-20150307_180340_zpsbw39ffri.jpg

Finally i sprayed on an enzyme cleaner and left the seats covered overnight, in the morning i steamed them again.

26-20150308_131628_zpsyixrvvr8.jpg

Before and after.

01-20150307_124851_zpsawk7cfbi.jpg

02-20150309_152601_zps7lf02o37.jpg

03-20150307_125257_zpsq5wmfnkw.jpg

04-20150309_152521_zpstkvc3iuq.jpg

05-20150307_125016_zpsgbuoconw.jpg

06-20150309_152617_zpsh0q2wlrc.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭JAMES VTI S

Next i vacuumed the carpet.

10-20150308_131935_zpsrgodbfci.jpg

I extracted the dirt with hot water after thorough agitation.

15-20150309_122911_zps5drw2ng8.jpg

16-20150309_152650_zpssr8353b5.jpg

The carpet was very dirty.

17-20150309_123555_zpsfrqainga.jpg

Before and after.

11-20150308_132110_zpsfz0bte3h.jpg

12-20150309_135416_zpsbs00slbs.jpg

13-20150308_132135_zps8itznqem.jpg

14-20150309_135433_zpsveyjfzwe.jpg

Advertisement