Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny Dipping

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

anncoates wrote: »
    Are you really quoting my - possibly hungover - posts from nearly a year ago and expecting me to remember WTF I was on about?

If that's not bad enough, I was about to call the OP a weirdo!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,324 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Swimming naked in a freezing, sewage infested sea, usually with alcohol on board, has to be the most stupid thing a person can do...

What has this got to do with skinny dipping?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Paulownia wrote: »
    In certain European countries teenagers of both sexes mix naked in steam baths without any sexual connotation.

Only until the **** banks are replete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 746 ✭✭✭diveout

Try it in the Mediterranean. Absolute pleasure, nothing better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The one time I tried it was in Barleycove in Cork and once we stepped into the water... Bioluminescent plankton!
    The water was glowing a bright green all around us and there was a large patch of it in the distance, it was incredibly beautiful.

I'd imagine in the daytime it'd be fairly crap unless surrounded by beautiful people. Then the shame would kick in and you'd walk out to sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Poor Grindle, you could just be the beautiful person yourself. Personally I think the pleasure is best enjoyed with no or very few witnesses. A deserted beach in the sunshine if possible is the ideal location.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Paulownia wrote: »
    Poor Grindle, you could just be the beautiful person yourself.
    grindle wrote: »
    ...the shame would kick in and you'd walk out to sea.

I was just saying how terrible it would be for others, I'm obv. one of the beauteous ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I'm more of a chunky dipper than a skinny dipper myself, but it doesn't have the same ring to it. :D
    Ah, don't be so tough on yourself TBM, you're more Rubenesque than chunky:)

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

has this thread died because winter is back today in Ireland and shedding our kit is the last thing on our minds?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,286 ✭✭✭✭fits

Its just normal in Finland. Everybody does it but normally in private context at lakeside cottages. And with sauna.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

I once saw a lass take a dip in a lake in the woods in her knickers. Her male pal (I got the feeling he wasn't a boyfriend) sat on the bank. Neither of them cared for my approach. I just thought fair play to her. How much of the sexualisation of the female upper body is just a social construct anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've never tried it. I should probably learn how to swim first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Leticia Medina

Very wise words. Yes, it is great to swim naked in the ocean! Happily enough, there are loads of Irish beaches to do so.

In case someone needs ideas about where to go skinny dipping in Ireland, this is a list of places with a strong naturist tradition:

Baltray, Co. Louth

Knocknagin (Gormanston-South), Co. Dublin

Corballis (Donabate-South), Co. Dublin

Hawk Cliff, Co. Dublin

White Rock, Co. Dublin

Caliso, Co. Waterford

Long Strand, Co. Cork

Barna, Co. Galway

Trawalua, Co. Sligo

• Registered Users Posts: 20 urban_nudist

Three for me to tick off that list --'22 will be the year

• Registered Users Posts: 20 urban_nudist

Gormanston -- have heard about it on social media but never been

Barna & Trawalua -- haven't been to many places west of the Shannon, prefer to stay on decent soil

Gormanston is fantastic for non swimmers because of its shallowness, which also accounts for higher water temperature. Also exceptional because the sunshine can last the whole day in contrast with White Rock, for example, with Killiney Hill shade behind.

So Gormanston (actually it is Knocknagin, the very south end) is a favourite with us as an after-work meetup option, and besides it is relatively close from the car to the nudist area. We only discovered Knocknagin this year (as a group), but we intend to build and strengthen a naturist tradition there, it is extremely suitable for naturism. I want to push our Wednesday afternoon/evening gatherings there in spring+summer.

Trawalua is worth a visit for its super strong naturist tradition. People tell me you can easily see 60 naturists there at a time on a fine day. Barna is different, not so appealing objectively because it only amounts to some rocks and people hiding there from the main beach. We have some videos on the beaches in our Youtube channel, by the way. We don't have Knocknagin yet, I will work on that this year.

Advertisement