Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny Dipping

Options
  • 24-06-2013 4:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭

What's the attraction of it? It has to be the most overrated pastime of them all. Swimming naked in a freezing, sewage infested sea, usually with alcohol on board, has to be the most stupid thing a person can do, yet everyone seems to have done it.

I've been skinny dipping twice, the first time time my mate had to be rescued by the RNLI, the second I had an itchy willy for a fortnight afterwards. :(

Has anyone had any more positive experiences than me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Young wans getting naked and showing off their hot bods.What's not to like ? :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Well watching women do it is the attraction for me, personally :p

The dunes have eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Festy wrote: »
    Young wans getting naked and showing off their hot bods.What's not to like ? :cool:

In water that is 3° on the rugged North Atlantic coast? There are not too many that come out of the sea looking like Sean Connery or Ursula Andress, believe me:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

How does The Backwards Man skinny dip?

Does he do it as fast as I can?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Skinny Dipping? What have you got against fat people OP? Isn't she really too thin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

What's the attraction of it? It has to be the most overrated pastime of them all. Swimming naked in a freezing, sewage infested sea, usually with alcohol on board, has to be the most stupid thing a person can do, yet everyone seems to have done it.

I've been skinny dipping twice, the first time time my mate had to be rescued by the RNLI, the second I had an itchy willy for a fortnight afterwards. :(

eh....

*facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

I remember being awaŷ with some girls and we were having a session on the beach who just dropped their clothes and make a b-line for the water all of a sudden.

Maybe once the climate permits it, and the tide is high... and the moons full enough but all I could think of was a real cheesy rem song called night swimming so didn't partake.

IM0 wrote: »
    eh....

*facepalm*
    Well, he,wasn't realky a friend, more of an acquaintance, but I thought that would be too be formal a word for a thread such as this, and I'm not from Dublin so couldn't use budddy. :p

MadsL wrote: »
    Skinny Dipping? What have you got against fat people OP? Isn't she really too thin?

I'm more of a chunky dipper than a skinny dipper myself, but it doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

Well, he,wasn't realky a friend, more of an acquaintance, but I thought that would be too be formal a word for a thread such as this, and I'm not from Dublin so couldn't use budddy. :p

*quadruple facepalm* :eek:

unless youre gay?

• Advertisement

IM0 wrote: »
    *quadruple facepalm* :eek:

unless youre gay?
    There was a whole gang of us, we piled out of the Anchor Bar in Portstewart, if any one knows it, and into the sea alongvthe promenade. We weren't holding hands, or anything else.

There was a whole gang of us, we piled out of the Anchor Bar in Portstewart, if any one knows it, and into the sea alongvthe promenade. We weren't holding hands, or anything else.

do you need another shovel or are you okay with the one you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

I'm more of a chunky dipper than a skinny dipper myself, but it doesn't have the same ring to it. :D

Thats because the phrase is Chunky Dunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Once on a summer night in Rosnowlagh, was with my future hubby and his friend and girlfriend, no drink, just daft thing to do we thought. Only consolation is was young and figure was more toned shall I say than now.

No, did not feel liberated or free, just fecking foundered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Did it in Spain on my birthday recently. It was the best birthday ever for a host of reasons but that topped it off, a great night. We were all plastered though so dunno if I'd do it sober.

Combine this thread with another currently in AH.

FULL BUSH SKINNY DIPPING.

Done it lots in the past with partners and that was fine but...

Sloppy sickly love mush that will make you gag on your cornflakes - but yes my favorite memory of this was doing it with a girl - just a friend with no sexual stuff coming into it - in the later half of a summer evening near powerscourt waterfall - and being embraced by her just before finishing the dip and having her tell me "I love that I can do this with you and its just - ok and not weird you know?".

I love having friends like that who do not just share trust - but recognise and value that trust.
    Sacramento wrote: »
    Combine this thread with another currently in AH.

I was so sure you were going to say "Skinny dipping with your sibling" or something there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Swimming in a freezing, sewage infested sea while wearing a pair of football shorts is completely fine, though?! :D

Mate, try it in a warm Bavarian lake in the middle of summer and have the beer afterwards. You'll love it.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Only a matter of time before the usual PC crowd have the term skinny dipping banned as it is offensive to the more porky naked bathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Only a matter of time before the usual PC crowd have the term skinny dipping banned as it is offensive to the more porky naked bathers.
    That'll be a shame. For those of us with a larger frame it's the last opportunity to truthfully shout out to the world "LOOK AT ME WORLD, I'M SKINNY dipping"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement

It's skinny as in bare skin, not skinny as in thin, anyway is it not? That's what I always thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

It's a vaguely useful characterization trope in romantic comedy to symbolize an uptight woman finally letting her inhibitions down, whether through frigidity or "not wanting to be hurt again".

Otherwise it looks pretty uncomfortable and cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Done it in the beautiful warm waters of the Eastern Med a while back. Nice to be completely unfethered by any clothing in such beautiful water. Was with a girlfriend who wasn't in the nip, as it happens.

Being a bit of a Mr. Safety I'd advise against swimming with drink on board (as most of the skinny-dip stories on here tell it). Swimming while drunk (and doubly so at night) seems crazy. When sober during the day let your bits hang out as much as you like though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I can't remember ever doing it back home. Even after a few beers, we'd still be in our undies.

Abroad, that's totally different. Have done so in Menorca, Formentera, Fuerteventura, Hvar and it's grand.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Ah, yes. The mythical PC crowd and their wiley ways :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Its called chunky dunkin'! Ive done it a few times, but in warmer water so it was great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

of course having the keys to a private swimming pool.......

sadly, many many years ago.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Did it years ago with a Ladyfriend when there was too much alcohol involved, ended up getting Jiggy, great until the next morning when I realised I'd nearly sanded me mickey off, I was in agony for about 4-5 days

21/25

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

Yep i'm guilty of doing it a few times. Most memorable was with a girl i just met in lahinch, a beautiful night sky full of stars.....I swore there in the sea id never swim with shorts on again but reality hit on the way up the beach to a chores of cheers and jeers from the late night onlookers! plus i could only find one sock and no jocks which slightly concerned me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

and being embraced by her just before finishing the dip and having her tell me "I love that I can do this with you and its just - ok and not weird you know?".

Dude, she just friendzoned the living sh!t out of you.

Advertisement