Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skinny Dipping

Options

Comments

Gweedling wrote: »
    Dude, she just friendzoned the living sh!t out of you.

Thats where we have always been at and where I always want us to be - I am already in a relationship zone and have no intention of changing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 HJ627

I swim naked in my pool no snapping turtles and no bacteria priceless

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Its hard to get since the end of de hibernian tiger and all dat.

Used to go lovely with me chips and skinny frappe latte.

The full fat stuff gives me gip

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Only a matter of time before the usual PC crowd have the term skinny dipping banned as it is offensive to the more porky naked bathers.

Naturism/nudism/skinny dipping, whatever you wish to call it is the great leveller. All sizes, all ages. It is not, as some seem to believe, about sex. It's about being one with nature. Nobody should be embarrassed about their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I've been skinny dipping twice, the first time time my mate had to be rescued by the RNLI, the second I had an itchy willy for a fortnight afterwards. :(

Has anyone had any more positive experiences than me?

... but wearing togs doesn't stop the water getting to the skin, how is this a skinny dipping thing? Or maybe it was the crabs ....

I went skinny dipping a few times, mainly due to the fact I wanted to keep my clothes dry before jumping in and going comando out of the water wasn't an option.

Haven't done it though in years since we all done it at a houseparty and the next morning seen the jellyfish that were about 40 ft in lenth from top to end of the stingers. After that we only swam during the day and the area was to busy during the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

This'll be a good deterrent I guess, OP?

Link

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Not intentionally, but I doubt I'm the first person to impressively swan dive into a pool only to surface and find my swimming trunks floating next to me.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

yet everyone seems to have done it.

:(

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

In water that is 3° on the rugged North Atlantic coast? There are not too many that come out of the sea looking like Sean Connery or Ursula Andress, believe me:p

Eh, nipples, my good man, nipples.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

Is it nearly getting to this time of year again. I have to say I have always enjoyed a skinny dip! Especially at night after a few jars.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭LizzieJones

How does The Backwards Man skinny dip?

Backwards, I suspect. :)

With great aplomb!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,173 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What's the attraction of it? It has to be the most overrated pastime of them all. Swimming naked in a freezing, sewage infested sea, usually with alcohol on board, has to be the most stupid thing a person can do, yet everyone seems to have done it.

I've been skinny dipping twice, the first time time my mate had to be rescued by the RNLI, the second I had an itchy willy for a fortnight afterwards. :(

A bit late, I know, but does swimware protect you from all that?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

What's the attraction of it? It has to be the most overrated pastime of them all. Swimming naked in a freezing, sewage infested sea, usually with alcohol on board, has to be the most stupid thing a person can do, yet everyone seems to have done it.

You're not doing it right. There are more places than just the sea to go skinny dipping. Myself and a few girls climbed over the fence of a local leisure center, one of the outdoor pools was heated and there was a lovely mist flowing across the top accentuated by the dim lights around the pool. Was fantastic.

Until security spotted us. We legged it out of the pool, grabbed our clothes, ran across the lawn, threw clothes over the fence and jumped over. I slipped getting over and the barb wire ripped me from my groin to my knee. Thankfully my sack was left intact :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭conorhal

Thats where we have always been at and where I always want us to be - I am already in a relationship zone and have no intention of changing that.

However you paint it, she effectively did the equivilant of waving a wad of cash at a homless person or eating a 12 course tasting menu in the middle of a Somali refugee camp, the cruel, power-playng, mindF!&%ing bitch! :pac:

conorhal wrote: »
    However you paint it, she effectively did the equivilant of waving a wad of cash at a homless person or eating a 12 course tasting menu in the middle of a Somali refugee camp, the cruel, power-playng, mindF!&%ing bitch! :pac:

Hehe - nah not at all. Its the relationship we have always had. Theres no possibility of even thinking of altering it - nor have I any desire to given I am happily in a relationship :) Nor is she the only one. Having built a Jacuzzi on my land (because I do stupid things like that) I have shared it - with some level of intimacy - with a number of friends in nude contexts now.

I do enjoy having friends with which to explore higher levels of intimacy with - that are not sexual in intent or goal.

In certain european countries teenagers of both sexes mix naked in steam baths without any sexual connotation. Do you suppose if we did it from childhood we would be able to differentiate between nudity and sexuality?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I find it quite liberating.

Last big group session we did was on the beach in San Sebastein the night before my wedding. Water was lovely.

Last summer when it was really hot we were doing the white route around Glendalough and we ended up stripping off and going for a swim in the pond/river towards the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I love when its so cold a womans nipple can be so hard you can hang your coat off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Used to do it completely baloobas in my early 20s in my hometown sometimes (Irish Sea). It's a miracle I'm still here to tell the tale tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

anncoates wrote: »
    It's a vaguely useful characterization trope in romantic comedy to symbolize an uptight woman finally letting her inhibitions down, whether through frigidity or "not wanting to be hurt again".

Otherwise it looks pretty uncomfortable and cold.

How is it any colder than normal swimming? Last time I checked a pair of trunks don't have awfully good insulating properties so you're going to be just as cold in the water with or without them.

It is not any colder without togs, just the bits shrivel even more in public.
    Nearly all of my experiences have been in single sex situations which is easier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Did ye learn nothing in religion class?

Adam and Eve? The fall? banished from the garden?

The human body is shameful and evil and should be covered.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

nudism is popular in scandanavia

topper75 wrote: »
    Did ye learn nothing in religion class?

Adam and Eve? The fall? banished from the garden?

The human body is shameful and evil and should be covered.;)

If that were true we would all have been born with clothes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Threads getting bumped are always weird now, always full of closed accounts :(

HJ627 wrote: »
    I swim naked in my pool no snapping turtles and no bacteria priceless

This guys years worth of boards ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

How is it any colder than normal swimming? Last time I checked a pair of trunks don't have awfully good insulating properties so you're going to be just as cold in the water with or without them.

Are you really quoting my - possibly hungover - posts from nearly a year ago and expecting me to remember WTF I was on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

anncoates wrote: »
    Are you really quoting my - possibly hungover - posts from nearly a year ago and expecting me to remember WTF I was on about?

didn't even realize it was a necro thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

The question should be, why do people wear swimming togs?

I'm guessing that they didn't exist before the 19th century. originally they were knee to neck for males and females. Speedos represent the shrunken vestages of Victorian prudism.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Maphisto

Paulownia wrote: »
    It is not any colder without togs, just the bits shrivel even more in public.

Nothing to see here - move along now.
    Nearly all of my experiences have been in single sex situations which is easier
    Lookat where's the fun in that ;)

Advertisement