Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surrogacy would you do it?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

The idea of carrying my own baby freaks me out enough as it is :/

But I dunno, maybe if I'd already had kids and it was for a close family member.
    I really can't say though because I haven't been pregnant before so don't know what it's like..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I would. I'd do it in a heartbeat for my sister, but I think it would take longer to come around to a decision for a stranger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I would for my sister, not a stranger. I would much prefer if there was no biological link, - I don't think I could do it if it was my egg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

No way. I wouldn't do it for anyone and nothing on this earth would change my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭Mc Kenzie

It is amazing that people have these options now. However for me personally I think I would become too attached emotionally it would be hard to part with the child. And If someone was a surrogate for me I would be worried I wouldn't be a connection with the child.

I do think its amazing if people are ok with it. But that's my own view. Saying that I have never had a child or been pregnant so maybe that's why. I would like the experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

I'd love to think I'd do it for my sisters or my best friends... However I think I'd have to have already gone through my own pregnancies before I could agree to it. So I can't give a definite answer yet. If I'd had difficult pregnancies or births, I'm not sure I could do it, even for a couple I dearly love.

I certainly wouldn't do it for a stranger or in some kind of commercial transaction; I believe that's fairly common in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Interesting that a lot of people are saying they'd do it for a sister...what about a brother and his wife/girlfriend/partner? Just wondering!

I don't think I could do it for anyone tbh. Physically and emotionally it'd just be too hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭iwantmydinner

Interesting that a lot of people are saying they'd do it for a sister...what about a brother and his wife/girlfriend/partner? Just wondering!

Don't have brothers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Personally, I wouldn't. The bond I have with my sister is unique and is the only reason I'd consider it. I couldn't be pregnant for any other woman and watch them be mother afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Don't think I could do it to be honest. Have a daughter and plan on having more so cant imagine carrying a baby, seeing the scans, hearing the heart beat, feeling him/her kick or hiccup and then hand him or her over for someone else to raise.
    Saying all that if I had my family completed and my sister couldn't I think I would consider it. Id love to be able to give her what I have but I still think it would be difficult.
    I don't think I would do it for my Brother and SIL probably because they have 4 kids already and my sister doesn't have any yet. Also im a lot closer to my sis as there is a big age gap between myself and my brother so were never really that close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement