Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God damages Lourdes shrine causing hundreds of thousands of euro's of damage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Patser wrote: »
    We'll know when the cave is emptied of water and it doesn't collapse. Simple test of your theory there.

Hypothesise - Test - Evaluate results?

Scientific method. Good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I do not understand your meaning?

Yes I was beaten as a child but the person who was responsible, God rest their soul, was correct in saying that they were doing it for my own good and now I can look back and say they were correct. I have grown and learnt many a lesson because of them.

Sorry brown cow, but that's all kinds of fúcked up! Your world view is very much askew i think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,906 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i suspect ahnow is having a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

You'd be right, slow day. Just trying to see the world from a different point of view. Us atheists can be quite condescending at times.

It's just so damn hard to tell the difference sometimes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,906 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Now, i'm not judging you (only god can do that apparently!) and i have "entertained" myself to some strange accompaniments. But re-runs of countdown? Really? That's just plain wrong.....i mean, the new girl is even hotter than Carol!:D
    i grew up in the 80s. there wasn't much else available.

i grew up in the 80s. there wasn't much else available.

Same. But there was always a family album catalogue about for emergencies!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Darn it! Poed again!

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

atheism1.jpg

kylith wrote: »
    Darn it! Poed again!

+1 :(

Ah, well. We are open to changes of mind and (occasional) humility over here...

:)

• Advertisement

leddpipe wrote: »
    atheism1.jpg

Who wants this one...?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

leddpipe wrote: »

Is the typo in that caption intentional? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

endacl wrote: »
    Who wants this one...?

Not with that duckface

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

Is the typo in that caption intentional? :pac:

not OC, but dammit you guys are good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Bad stuff = **** happens
    Good stuff = god's work

So in this case the flooding was just nature being nature and when they get it repaired it will be thanks to god. Also it is thanks to god that people werent killed because **** doctors, engineers and builders etc, god did it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Brian Shanahan

Everything that happens in this world is Gods will and to question it is futile.

Yes questioning the "will" of your imaginary friend is futile. Because he has none, just a projection of your will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Yes questioning the "will" of your imaginary friend is futile. Because he has none, just a projection of your will.
    Welcome to one hour ago. ;)
    You'd be right, slow day. Just trying to see the world from a different point of view. Us atheists can be quite condescending at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Got me goooooooooood

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bad stuff = **** happens
    Good stuff = god's work

So in this case the flooding was just nature being nature and when they get it repaired it will be thanks to god. Also it is thanks to god that people werent killed because **** doctors, engineers and builders etc, god did it all.

ah now, nature isn't being nature. Nature is god
    So I guess you mean the flood is just god being god?

You can't claim there's a god and then claim nature can do its own thing without god controlling stuff,

Dades wrote: »
    Welcome to one hour ago. ;)

I'm always late to the party. I operate on Irish time.

Sorry, ahnowbrowncow, I was especially dim and unwitting today.

• Advertisement

I'm always late to the party. I operate on Irish time.

Sorry, ahnowbrowncow, I was especially dim and unwitting today.

Ah now. Give yourself a break. Vigilance!

Ah now. Give yourself a break. Vigilance!

I'm getting a break in an hour. I'm having the bollox run off me at training.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Apologies for my earlier posts, I was a bit bored. I'm an infrequent visitor to this forum but from the sounds of it there are quite a few catholic impersonators around here?

Apologies for my earlier posts, I was a bit bored. I'm an infrequent visitor to this forum but from the sounds of it there are quite a few catholic impersonators around here?

They're everywhere!

On a more serious note, I suppose most irish 'catholics' are catholic impersonators. In real life, as opposers to online...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

I thought they were good! For once, I wasn't fooled :D Am usually the most gullible atheist up here...

Obliq wrote: »
    gullible atheist.

And we do like to think that's an oxymoron.

A well given lesson in hubris...

A well given lesson in hubris...

I get them lessons all the time .. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I don't :cool: :pac:

Sarky wrote: »
    I don't :cool: :pac:

worshipright.gif

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I did ask on another forum, which I shall not name, if it was an act of god. Have not received an answer a post was deleted.

MrP

Advertisement