Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&I Lions v Wallabies, Match Thread, Sat June 22, 1105am

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Dan Lydiate
    bilston wrote: »
    So do people think it's a good thing or a bad thing that Australia haven't played since November?

On the one hand they haven't been able to test their combinations in a competitive match situation so that's a positive for us.

On the other hand they could well have ripped their playbook up in November and come up with something entirely new this year and we won't have a clue what to expect tomorrow.

Then again there would be risk in that for Australia too, they could have a whole new set of moves but they won't have tried them in a competitive environment so it could go pear shaped for them.

Hard one to call really!

More bad than good for Australia - yes they have avoided injuries, and the Lions aren't certain what gameplan they will bring, but they will need to hit the ground running. In saying that, if they can get thru the first 20 minutes without conceding too many points, their confidence might grow.

I'm actually really really intrigued to see what Australia bring to the table, as I'd be fairly certain of what the Lions will dish up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Rather optimistically set my alarm for this morning so I wouldn't miss the build up but my 3 year old daughter decided it would be a good idea to get up at 6 so I've been killing time watching the previous tours on the Sky On Demand ESPN Classic channel. I've no recollection of any of the 2009 games !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Slightly off topic here but i'll be watching this later via a stream on my laptop.

Is there any way a laptop can be connected to the tele to watch it on a bigger screen? The tele is a modern enough Sony with hdmi, vga etc as is the laptop.

Any computer geniuses out there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Lions by less than 7
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Slightly off topic here but i'll be watching this later via a stream on my laptop.

Is there any way a laptop can be connected to the tele to watch it on a bigger screen? The tele is a modern enough Sony with hdmi, vga etc as is the laptop.

Any computer geniuses out there??

You've answered your own question really. HDMI cable from laptop to tv & you're away. The cable carries both audio & video, so no need to use anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,766 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Wallabies by more than 7
    It's game day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Dan Lydiate
    Nice warm up All Blacks v Les Blues before the big one.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I've no recollection of any of the 2009 games !

Oh dear, the second game brought it all flooding back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lelantos wrote: »
    You've answered your own question really. HDMI cable from laptop to tv & you're away. The cable carries both audio & video, so no need to use anything else.

Is it really that simple? If so, then it's great!!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,254 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Wallabies by more than 7
    mfceiling wrote: »
    Is it really that simple? If so, then it's great!!

Yep it's that simple

Then just select hdmi input on your tv and away you go

Your picture quality may suffer though on the bigger screen to the point where you may end up watching it on laptop anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

getting pretty fúcking nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

SlickRic wrote: »
    getting pretty fúcking nervous.

I'm usually bricking it before big Leinster games but I never really have before Lions games, which is usually a good thing because I can actually enjoy the game itself, hopefully it'll be a classic

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Watching the first test from 2001 again. The pure bedlam of the opening 30 minutes was simply class. Easy to forget how good Hendo was at the time. Really made the jersey his own on that tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I hope there is a massive 30 brawl to get the tempers up.

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Kayless

Is the game on Sky Sports 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Wallabies by more than 7
    I hope there is a massive 30 brawl to get the tempers up.

Nah that will being in game 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Halfpenny to miss at least two kicks at goal, to show he is human.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Buer wrote: »
    Watching the first test from 2001 again. The pure bedlam of the opening 30 minutes was simply class. Easy to forget how good Hendo was at the time. Really made the jersey his own on that tour.

That was the test that made me fall in love with rugby when was younger
    Hendorson was immense on that tour alright

Am havin cuppa tea then headin pub- cannot wait to kick off
    If the series is anything like the tests in 09 and 01 we in for a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Kayless wrote: »
    Is the game on Sky Sports 1?

Yes it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Wallabies by less than 7
    I think the Aussie's will win, can see them tearing the Lions defence apart on a few occasions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Dan Lydiate
    wprathead wrote: »
    That was the test that made me fall in love with rugby when was younger
    Hendorson was immense on that tour alright

Am havin cuppa tea then headin pub- cannot wait to kick off
    If the series is anything like the tests in 09 and 01 we in for a treat

Someone should stick up a poll of preferred beverages for an 11.00 game. Might even do tea myself. Have to mind the cubs, so pub not an option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Wallabies by more than 7
    Someone should stick up a poll of preferred beverages for an 11.00 game.

Start of the game- cups of Tea.

Half time score depending- cups of Tea if scoreline is favourable. - Bulmers if score line is not favourable.

Fulltime- don't ask....

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Dubron

Sorry if it's a stupid question but SOB is taking part in the warm up, is there a doubt over the fitness of any of the back rows or is that normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Players not in the match 23 would often take part to provide opposition, hold bags etc. However, Croft did have a bruised toe and sat out training yesterday. If he hasn't been ruled out by now though, he won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Lions by less than 7
    Quinnel is a little excited :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Dan Lydiate
    Dubron wrote: »
    Sorry if it's a stupid question but SOB is taking part in the warm up, is there a doubt over the fitness of any of the back rows or is that normal?
    well Croft sat out training the other day but is still expected to start. it's pretty normal to have 1 or 2 guys on stand by in case of injury in the warm up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Wallabies by more than 7
    Halfpenny's Boot will be the difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Lions by less than 7
    I'm going for lions by 5, 1/2p and BOD will be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

North the only one wearing trousers in the warm up, presumably to protect the hamstring. Hopefully just precautionary but you do get the feeling they would play him even if he wasn't 100%, I just hope he is actually fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Quinnell is going to end up invading the pitch if he continues with his enthusiasm

Advertisement