Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else not want children?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Erper

VivaMessi wrote: »
    I'm 25 with my partner and the thoughts of having children makes me literally sick. Looking after them non stop till their 11 or 12. Then leeching money off you till they finish college or longer. Anyone else feel like this because I don't know what I'm gonna say to my partner when she wants to start trying. I never want children

Reading this type of posts makes me sick...
    What kind of person are you...
    You dont want to give a birth to a child and give all your love to the baby..
    Seriously..
    I had a gf who said the same thing... and i said to her " adios baby"...

Imagine if your parents thought like you now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Person in mid 20s broadcasting to world that they never want kids shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

You do know you get generous cash payments for having kids and play your cards right a house with a garden big enough fir a trampoline and some dogs?

But make sure they are different genders or else you will have to come on boards to complain about the council giving you too small a house.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭jugger0

Your ancestors have managed to pass on their genes for thousands of years and it is thanks to them that you are alive, now you want to call it quits cos babies have smelly nappys and cry... C-C-C-Combo Breaker... do you really want to be that guy? spread your seed man its what you were born to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

it seems a very large percentage of women want children, and view it as one of their main goals, and arent interested in many other things when it comes to getting a life partner.

I dont get it to be honest.

• Advertisement

After all, you seem to be 25 but in head you are still a selfish child.
    Thats my opinion why are you afraid to have kids...

it seems a very large percentage of women want children, and view it as one of their main goals, and arent interested in many other things when it comes to getting a life partner.

You asking yourself that question??
    Answer is simple..
    They dont want to have a male around them but want to recieve money for kids...
    Its called being selfish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Actually biologically, the body screams "get pregnant". Even women who never wanted kids, often go through a period before menopause where they get very "baby" orientated, some give in, some don't.
    But, it's a biological thing... they're hardly at fault fot that...

If someone feels like they won't love a baby trust me its much better they don't have a baby and there is nothing wrong with that.

It's okay not to have children, news flash!

I agree with one part but not for the other...
    Explain to me, why is it ok not to have kids??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

OP follow your heart if you do or do not want kids- trust yourself, discuss it with your partner and lead the life you want. Make sure you both are in agreement however if ye stay together. at your age, what rush is on ye! enjoy life. I am shocked at peoples attitudes regarding your wishes- you are not selfish not wanting kids, now or ever. Too many people have kids too young and are too immature and f**ked up to raise them with an ounce of cop on and practability for life or as with many of my friends who are married and are now bored/relationship stuck in a rut - they therefore have kids to fill in the cracks/boredom of their marriage/relationship.

Erper wrote: »
    I agree with one part but not for the other...
    Explain to me, why is it ok not to have kids??

Why isn't it?

I don't want children!

I don't want to pass on my genes to anyone.
    I don't want to be responsible for anyone but me.
    I think living in this world is going to get harder and crueler and that having a child is selfish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 VivaMessi

I'm not selfish at all, I am not tight with money whatsoever, Maybe I'm just freaking cause I'm too young and still enjoying been young and all this marraige(wish I didn't propose now) and kids talk and crap is weighing me down:(

I like to go out and have fun, heck not so long since I finished college and now all this crap. . Don't know what to do tbh maybe when I hit 30 or calm down a bit things will change:(

Just feel like dumping her and going off travelling or something or hitting the pub with mates till I'm 30 or so and then settle down. I dunno I'm too young too have kids, maybe when I mature a bit or sumtin, feel like a child at heart.

#Gettingfustrad

Hang on a sec- you wish you didn't propose???? that is a different ball game now. I think you have a lot going on other than the kids issue...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

LizT wrote: »
    That attitude annoys me, it's so condescending. A person can decide in their 20s that they don't want kids and never change their mind.

+1 on this. I'm 27 and when I was about 8 or 9 years old I announced to the whole family that I didn't want to be a mammy. Of course everyone just smiled and nodded. But almost 20 years later I still agree with younger me, though in a more mature way!! :pac:

I can't explain it, I just don't have a need or urge to reproduce. I know that it will be a deal breaker in a relationship for many men but I just hope that one day I'll find someone who is okay with my choice.

Each to their own.

might be time to have a chat viva ..maybe go on 6 months travelling

Why isn't it?

I don't want children!

I don't want to pass on my genes to anyone.
    I don't want to be responsible for anyone but me.
    I think living in this world is going to get harder and crueler and that having a child is selfish.

Saying those things makes you selfish, and if the world thinks like that than we are all doomed..

If you are in love ONLY with yourself and want only to feel great than ive nothing to say to you anymore...

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

VivaMessi wrote: »
    I'm not selfish at all, I am not tight with money whatsoever, Maybe I'm just freaking cause I'm too young and still enjoying been young and all this marraige(wish I didn't propose now) and kids talk and crap is weighing me down:(

I like to go out and have fun, heck not so long since I finished college and now all this crap. . Don't know what to do tbh maybe when I hit 30 or calm down a bit things will change:(

Just feel like dumping her and going off travelling or something or hitting the pub with mates till I'm 30 or so and then settle down. I dunno I'm too young too have kids, maybe when I mature a bit or sumtin, feel like a child at heart.

#Gettingfustrad

Seems like you're not ready for marriage either and you should definitely be discussing this with your partner asap. Not doing so IS being selfish and immature - having kids or not is a side issue at this point.

+1 on this. I'm 27 and when I was about 8 or 9 years old I announced to the whole family that I didn't want to be a mammy. Of course everyone just smiled and nodded. But almost 20 years later I still agree with younger me, though in a more mature way!! :pac:

I can't explain it, I just don't have a need or urge to reproduce. I know that it will be a deal breaker in a relationship for many men but I just hope that one day I'll find someone who is okay with my choice.

Each to their own.

But in the end that could mean that you didnt find a proper person that you will fall in love with him/her and that could be one of the reasons why not ti have kids...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 VivaMessi

But in the end that could mean that you didnt find a proper person that you will fall in love with him/her and that could be one of the reasons why not ti have kids...

Yes I lover her dearly, I think I'll have to have a talk 2moro and slow things down, even though the invites are allready sent out.:( Children thing might change in time but for the foreseeable future definitely not! I asked her to marry me and now I want to cancel, this cant end well

• Advertisement

Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but do you mean that if I fall in love, marry and we both decide that yes, we won't have children that he's not the one for me?

Saying those things makes you selfish, and if the world thinks like that than we are all doomed..

If you are love yourself and want only to feel great than ice nothing to say to you anymore...

It makes me selfish because I think the world is a painful place to be....well ok then.

and if we all thought like me, that would be the end of the human race.. ~whoopy~ I think that would be great for earth.

Mind you Erper, there's ALWAYS going to be enough people who want kids to "keep your world from doom", so don't worry .. ok!

Think about it like this, the people who don't want kids, are balancing out those who couldn't have kids, but are through science ;)

Maybe I'm picking you up wrong but do you mean that if I fall in love, marry and we both decide that yes, we won't have children that he's not the one for me?

maybe he will change his mind...

Reading this type of posts makes me sick...
    What kind of person are you...
    You dont want to give a birth to a child and give all your love to the baby..
    Seriously..
    I had a gf who said the same thing... and i said to her " adios baby"...

Imagine if your parents thought like you now...
    You asking yourself that question??
    Answer is simple..
    They dont want to have a male around them but want to recieve money for kids...
    Its called being selfish...

If you are in love ONLY with yourself and want only to feel great than ive nothing to say to you anymore...

Ah here. Troll?

maybe he will change his mind...

Maybe he won't?

It makes me selfish because I think the world is a painful place to be....well ok then.

and if we all thought like me, that would be the end of the human race.. ~whoopy~ I think that would be great for earth.

Mind you Erper, there's ALWAYS going to be enough people who want kids to "keep your world from doom", so don't worry .. ok!

Think about it like this, the people who don't want kids, are balancing out those who couldn't have kids, but are through science ;)

Well I do understand people who cant have kids but even they will try everything to have...

Again, wishing not to have kids is pretty much selfish from my point of view..
    I was raised in not so great conditions but i never felt how the world "works" as my parents were using all their power, knowledge to make me happy and to be a good person.
    Even if they were young when they got me.. so...

Maybe he won't?

They they found perfect match....

Ah here. Troll?

Whats your point..

this is ridiculous!

• Advertisement

Whats your point..

My point is you're ranting inane crap and I can only pin it down to you trying to peg a reaction from somebody. (like me)

Advertisement