Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.I.B are robbers!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I moved to PTSB a few months ago when Bank of Ireland sent me the letter saying I was going to be charged fees. Twas a great decision, havent paid a penny and they are easy to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

OP and others are not doing to badly imo
    Our fee's with the BOI were 75 per quarter last year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I couldn't care
    They pay my wages :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

TPD wrote: »
    Ulster bank have no fees if you move €3k into the account each month - €4 a month otherwise. This can be got around by moving savings into current account and back out once a month though.

is it have 3k in the account(the same 3k sitting there)? or a 3k must be deposited each month?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

EyeSight wrote: »
    is it have 3k in the account(the same 3k sitting there)? or a 3k must be deposited each month?

I think it's either a balance which doesn't drop below 3k at all during the month, or a total of 3k deposited into the account each month, regardless of what comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

AIB's mobile app is super imo and I use it all the time.

I'd switch to Permanent TSB but do they have a user friendly app and online system?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

In the process of moving back from UB to PTSB now that they're bringing fees in. Apps seem much of a muchness so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

20cent per ATM, Debit transaction...
    I never had to pay more than 8-10euro for quarterly fee's and my 1/4 fee's we're 25.60 this month... No written notification of the rise in fee's they just took em. And when I contacted them, all I got was the usual resession blurps about thats how it is these days....

If I continue using my card like I normally do, that be over 100euro a year just to withdraw a fee quid!

W@nkers!!!!!

I hate everything :mad:

Since they started charging fees (well, they always charged them but if you internet banked they put the money back into your account, after taking it out,for some reason) I've gone back to using cash, taking out X amount to last me the week, or whatever, and I noticed a considerable drop how much my fees cost. I don't spend as much either, using cash only (well, mostly) seems to help me budget better.

I somewhat entertained by putting coins into the self service till's coin chute in supermarkets, so that's a nice little added bonus for me, lots of coin drop fun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

IM0 wrote: »
    simple really you pay for the convenience of not having to do anything just sign a DD form. or go to a hole in wall ect. services cost money especially when they make things very convenient for us
    I was brought up believing the banks made their money out simply holding onto customers money, that they could use that money to make investments, earn interest and so on. Is that still true, was it ever true?

If it is true I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to double earn off the money so to speak. If I'm paying them to hold onto my money then it stays in a box and they can't use it for their own benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Left AIB for Ulster Bank a few months ago, €4 per month is far far better than the insanity that AIB charged me.

The worst part is, AIB had the feckin cheek to try and charge me for closing my account. They're a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Left AIB for Ulster Bank a few months ago, €4 per month is far far better than the insanity that AIB charged me.

The worst part is, AIB had the feckin cheek to try and charge me for closing my account. They're a joke.

This reminds me of Australia ten years ago. I went over and opened an ANZ bank account. The concept of charging for using a different banks ATM seemed so foreign. They charged for everything over there. Now that pricing has come here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

This reminds me of Australia ten years ago. I went over and opened an ANZ bank account. The concept of charging for using a different banks ATM seemed so foreign. They charged for everything over there. Now that pricing has come here

One of my frequent customers works for them, and even she admitted it was a rip off
    I wouldn't mind, but all I really used my card for was shopping, petrol and so. I'm not exactly a frequent shopper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Irish banks are stupid. No wonder we're in recession.

Watch the backtracking when Rabobank seize the opportunity by offering an ATM card to their customers and no fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Karlitto wrote: »

Great now I have to change banks again, I will be charged a bomb when that ****e comes in, I like my fecking flat fee. So sick of ****ing banks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Tried to switch to PTSB a while back and found them a nightmare to deal with. Branch staff seemed to be clueless and tried to switch over phone but they weren't much better. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Great now I have to change banks again, I will be charged a bomb when that ****e comes in, I like my fecking flat fee. So sick of ****ing banks!

I think that sickness is shared by a HUGE chunk of what constitutes productive Ireland right now.

For what it's worth I would suggest that the State drag the Post Office Savings Bank into the 20th Century by offering an ATM facility coupled with some basic SO/DD availability.

Ordinary working folk would prefer a good solid basic banking service,rather than a supposed Banking Sector still run by highly dubious characters and overseen by not much better....:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

Can't wait to close my account 1st thing Monday morning!

Robbin shower of cúnts!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Sergeant wrote: »
    Must be something to do with those billions of euros of losses we have heard mumblings about in the media.

Gee I hope somebody bails out those banks or else they'd be screwed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Isn't this their fourth increase in charges already this year, two increases on mortgage repayments and now a second increase on bank charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

msg11 wrote: »
    How dare they make interest on my money then charge me for the pleasure.

You must have tens of thousands in the bank in that case so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Can't wait to close my account 1st thing Monday morning!

Robbin shower of cúnts!!!

I did the same thing. Was just about getting by each week and then found out I had paid over 25 euro in fees for the ATM?! Took my cash out and haven't bothered with the feckers since. Just can't afford to lose that sort of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭snypers12

Irish banks are a joke. Money grabbing f****rs! I am in the process of moving to PTSB at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

can paypal be associated with Credit Unions and Post Office accounts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I'm with permanent tsb and haven't been charged anything ever? You should switch. Or maybe I have a student account, I don't remember.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Permanent TSB are fine for current accounts etc. but they can be an awful shower when you actually need them.Ulster bank for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

pmcmahon wrote: »
    Permanent TSB are fine for current accounts etc. but they can be an awful shower when you actually need them.Ulster bank for me.

Like what? Loans and credit cards?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Like what? Loans and credit cards?

Loans mainly,haven't dealt with them through credit cards.I have excellent credit and was welcomed at other banks but permanent just never seemed to want to loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Ulster Bank are the same... if you have €3000 in your account at all times there is no charge, which is ridiculous, you might as well be asked to pay €3000 in fees.

I've never had less than €3000 in my account for about 10 years now. It essentially gives you free banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

kjl wrote: »
    I've never had less than €3000 in my account for about 10 years now. It essentially gives you free banking

So in order to save, say €1500 in bank charges in ten years, you've tied up €3000 of your money in a bank account for a decade. Yes, your banking was certainly 'free'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

ScumLord wrote: »
    I was brought up believing the banks made their money out simply holding onto customers money, that they could use that money to make investments, earn interest and so on. Is that still true, was it ever true?

If it is true I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to double earn off the money so to speak. If I'm paying them to hold onto my money then it stays in a box and they can't use it for their own benefit.

Very naive ScumLord and contradictory. How can they invest your money and keep it locked up?

Banks make money by creating money and keeping a certain percentage (think its around 10% now) as a reserve requirement. This was <5% before the crash.

They did make investments to make money. Look at the mortgages they gave. They were investments by the bank and earned interest.

Also they are providing a service by storing your money, setting up DDs etc. i don't like paying the fees but they do make sense.

Also, I see no problem in the heads of Banks earning €800k + a year considering the responsibility and lack of people able to do it properly (not taking into account Anglo). It's not an easy job by any means and not 9-5!!

Its the staff in the branches I feel sorry for. They get all the abuse from ignorant customers/public having a go at them saying it is their fault and thinking it will make a different giving them abuse, when it was only a handful of people at the top. Seen it loads, could people please leave the branch staff alone, they had nothing to do with causing the recession!!!!

Advertisement