Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A.I.B are robbers!

Options
  • 14-06-2013 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

20cent per ATM, Debit transaction...
    I never had to pay more than 8-10euro for quarterly fee's and my 1/4 fee's we're 25.60 this month... No written notification of the rise in fee's they just took em. And when I contacted them, all I got was the usual resession blurps about thats how it is these days....

If I continue using my card like I normally do, that be over 100euro a year just to withdraw a fee quid!

W@nkers!!!!!

I hate everything :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Zombie Bank for Seanofthedead, how appropriate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I never had to pay more than 8-10euro for quarterly fee's and my 1/4 fee's we're 25.60 this month... No written notification of the rise in fee's they just took em. And when I contacted them, all I got was the usual resession blurps about thats how it is these days....

If I continue using my card like I normally do, that be over 100euro a year just to withdraw a fee quid!

W@nkers!!!!!

Tha galling thing is that after bailing them out for billions now they swipe money from your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Don't know what they are but I blame tracker morgages.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

28cent per transaction with BOI, so maybe not so bad when you think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

W@nkers!!!!!

There actually was written notification. I ain't happy about mine, I am paying the bastards 65 euro this quarter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

Do any banks not have fees these days? No more than the OP I recently found out that I'm being charged for every transaction I make with my AIB Debit card. It might seem small but it adds up - especially if like me you use the card instead of cash for everything over 20euro.

And you are charged for withdrawing cash at the ATMs! The banks are cutting back on staff in an effort to keep customers out of branches and then they introduce these type of measures to boost profits even further.

I had a Laser card until recently, which had free transactions, but it expired and AIB would only issue me with a Visa Debit card. Then I learn that they are charging me every time I use the damned thing!

And I see Bank of Ireland are introducing a similar fee for their Debit card. So are there any banks out there that don't have these fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Permanent TSB are no fees if you have 1,500 or more coming into the account each month.

With AIB myself, switching because of this to TSB.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭wobzilla1

I think TSB have some account where you don't pay fees if you have €1500 or more into the account per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Switch to PTSB years ago. Rest of the banks are crap.
    PTSB are crap too, just less so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Ulster bank have no fees if you move €3k into the account each month - €4 a month otherwise. This can be got around by moving savings into current account and back out once a month though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

backspacer wrote: »
    28cent per transaction with BOI, so maybe not so bad when you think about it

BOI are changing their fees.

Check it

https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/bank/current-accounts/personal-current-account-fees-and-charges/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Ulster Bank are the same... if you have €3000 in your account at all times there is no charge, which is ridiculous, you might as well be asked to pay €3000 in fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

twas burn the bondholders or rob you I hope you understand its just business

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

Karlitto wrote: »

am not sure what to make of them to be honest, looks better than existing fees but i guarantee they'll screw the extra money out one way or another

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Yeah I just got mine too... €25 for the trimester. I don't mind paying charges for cash, which is expensive for the banks to maintain, but charging the same for Visa and related electronic transactions? How does that make sense?

If anything this encourages me to use more cash than POS.. surely doing so is more costly for AIB, should they not be encouraging electronic sales and cutting down on cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

I was thinking of closing my current account with aib because i also have an ulster bank current account.

I dont want to pay fees on both as ulster bank will be introducing a monthly fee of €4 in july and it is better value than aib as they charge you for every transaction.

Is it possible to close my AIB current account but keep access to my savings accounts online through internet banking for free ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Yeah I just got mine too... €25 for the trimester.
    Are you showing yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

the credit union has no fees, join up and stop mouthing off about the banks, this is the way to make them take notice, again stop moaning do something about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I switched to Permanent TSB several ago for their free fees offer and dont pay any charges for any transactions on my current account.

I enjoy getting my quarterly statement , see the fees due on the account and then see it " waivered " at the bottom of the page.

I save over 140 euro a year on fees and transactions.
    Used to be with AIB, gangsters ,thats how I would sum them up for dealing with customers and ripping us off.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Trhiggy83

flutered wrote: »
    the credit union has no fees, join up and stop mouthing off about the banks, this is the way to make them take notice, again stop moaning do something about it.

Credit union is not suitable for the majority of people who move around a lot and are not close to it on a daily basis. I dont think people are giving out for no reason, they are just looking for a better alternative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

If I had my way, I'd get my job to pay my wages to me in cash. But this isn't an option... they have to put somewhere... TSB is looking like the best bet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

PTSB for over 30 yrs - never paid them a penny/cent in fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

A bank charging a fee for providing a service? How dare they! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

I don't mind paying a reasonable fee...

How come TSB can do it and AIB can't? Robbing fooks, how very dare they indeed!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

They managed to provide the same service for years without charging a fee so why have they only introduced the Debit card transaction fees now?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Not this completely stupid argument again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Banks are cnuts, end of.

We can't do without them and they know it. Fcukers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Isn't the BOI CEO on €800k a year? Seems to me such high charges, help pay for much more than a mere banking service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Companies won't pay salaries into CU accounts. At least my one won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

If the credit unions could ever bring out a debit card, that'd be quite a dagger for the banks

Advertisement