Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal crossing New leaf friend code swap!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stalking_zebra

Banjo wrote: »
    OK, I'll admit it. I skipped the tutorial on fishing and now I can't catch fish. I can cast, I can get them to bite. Alas, When I haul in the line they let go. What am I doing wrong?

Will add the new peeps when I'm on my 3ds later

When a fish bites the bob thing in the water will go under and give a bit of a splash. You need to mash the A button as soon as this happens. The fish will spin around in the water while you do this and will eventually come out. Also some fish are harder to catch. I'm finding sharks near impossible at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone online now that I can visit? Ill bring cherries!

FC: 4656 5971 2695

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

Hi guys just got my copy this evening.... can't wait to get my fishing rod and catch some carp!!

My friend code is 5026-4897-8670

Can't wait to visit some new towns and steal me some new fruit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

When a fish bites the bob thing in the water will go under and give a bit of a splash. You need to mash the A button as soon as this happens. The fish will spin around in the water while you do this and will eventually come out. Also some fish are harder to catch. I'm finding sharks near impossible at the moment.

If I could just add (i'm like totally an expert not really but I got 50% fish completion badge already :() anywho no need to mash like crazy just give her a tap of the a button and bobs your uncle. Also, I find when up against an interesting looking fish shadow that you really wanna catch sometimes looking at it approaching your lure is enough to make you prematurely reel it in. So to avoid that I'll often turn up the volume, close my eyes and listen to the fish instead, just focusing on the satisfying sound of the splash of the bait being submerged under the water, works a charm for me:)

Next time on Deadliest Catch Animal Crossing edition, I'll teach you how to catch a pond frog without losing an eye or limb!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Is anyone getting an error when they try to visit other towns?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭jaydoxx

Yeah I cannot receive visitors or leave my town without getting the error code 018-0512, I'm working on a fix but not much luck so far :\

If you have been able to visit at least one other town then you know the problem is with the other person, but if you haven't it's worth following the steps here http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=018-0512&system=3DS&locale=lang

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

jaydoxx wrote: »
    If I could just add (i'm like totally an expert not really but I got 50% fish completion badge already :() anywho no need to mash like crazy just give her a tap of the a button and bobs your uncle. Also, I find when up against an interesting looking fish shadow that you really wanna catch sometimes looking at it approaching your lure is enough to make you prematurely reel it in. So to avoid that I'll often turn up the volume, close my eyes and listen to the fish instead, just focusing on the satisfying sound of the splash of the bait being submerged under the water, works a charm for me:)

Next time on Deadliest Catch Animal Crossing edition, I'll teach you how to catch a pond frog without losing an eye or limb!:cool:

Now I remember! The many long nights, flicking the volume switch up just long enough to hear the plop, but without interfering with the Sopranos ;) Single button push is plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,470 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hit rocks with your shovel! One will give you a jewel and one will give you a few thousand bells if you keep whacking it!

And don't forget to stock up on turnips! It's Sunday!

Added every one so far, add me back ;)

BTW, when hitting rocks dig a couple of holes behind you so that if it's the money rock you can keep whacking without pushing yourself away.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stalking_zebra

jaydoxx wrote: »

Cheers for that. You probably just saved my A button. So much easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

EvilWonka wrote: »
    Hi guys just got my copy this evening.... can't wait to get my fishing rod and catch some carp!!

My friend code is 5026-4897-8670

Can't wait to visit some new towns and steal me some new fruit!!

Added! Mine is 1032-1223-9046.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've added everyone, add me back please! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm CC 4425-1875-8092

Ill add people later. Off to town to find streetpass hits :pac:

I visited Dave and his town Galway this morning,
    , got some Cherrys there too. Pity I had no oranges to give him!

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

Gate is open!

Code is : 1048-8750-4470
    Name : Ashy
    Town name : snukaboo

Let me know!

Thanks to Ashy and Pikachu for being my first guests - sorry I had to kick you out so soon!

Man, the autosave when a guest shows up is unreal!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Remember to open your gates when online! That way we can add each other as best friends and then are notified when people are playing AC and can send messages without having to be in the same town.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Blue Shamrock

Added everyone in this thread, never played online before so looking forward to trying this out. 2621-2679-6888

I've also added everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Silentsoul

I have added Atavan, Evil Wonka and Wolverine, will add more tomorrow as my eyes are stinging with tiredness.
    Add me back please I have Pears.

My FC - 5043-2020-4962 Name - Darren

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Radiosonde

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Added some people there. Pls add back :) Name Alden.

Edit: doh! would probably be useful if I included my own fc: 4639 - 9964 - 2075

Ok, have everyone added now (though unclear for one or two what their username actually is! don't know if this FC system picks up mistakes)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Radiosonde wrote: »
    Ok, have everyone added now (though unclear for one or two what their username actually is! don't know if this FC system picks up mistakes)

The name you put in doesn't matter, I tend to put in the Boards username, so I know who it is. When they add you too, it comes up with the name they set themselves.

Silentsoul wrote: »
    I have added Atavan, Evil Wonka and Wolverine, will add more tomorrow as my eyes are stinging with tiredness.
    Add me back please I have Pears.

My FC - 5043-2020-4962 Name - Darren

added you! my code is: 1048-8750-4470, name is ashy!

I'm CC 4425-1875-8092

Ill add people later. Off to town to find streetpass hits :pac:

added you! add back, 1048-8750-4470

Turnips are selling for 116 bells here. Is that good?

Add me!
    Name Alan
    Town Eire
    Code 2535-3626-7022

can you add me back? 1048-8750-4470 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,098 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Friend Code- 2105-8713-8339

Town- Bikinibt

Name-Spongbob

Add me please, My gate will be open from 7:30pm onwards tonight, I've got cherries.

Colham wrote: »
    Turnips are selling for 116 bells here. Is that good?

Depends what you bought them for... but they used to go up into the 2 and 3 hundred in the DS game on a good day. If you're a risk taker, hold out. But sometimes you're best off selling for any profit you can get.

Friend Code- 2105-8713-8339

Town- Bikinibt

Name-Spongbob

Add me please, My gate will be open from 7:30pm onwards tonight, I've got cherries.

Will add you later on when I get back home.
    Add me back please FC - 5043-2020-4962 Name - Darren
    Town - Pipenton

• Advertisement

lila44 wrote: »
    added you! my code is: 1048-8750-4470, name is ashy!

Will add you later Ashy when I get back.

Advertisement