Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think aliens exist

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭WumBuster

Why not. Many of the experts in this world believe in a supernatural creator in the sky on zero evidence so why not UFO's.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Ging Ging

Specialun wrote: »
    Do they work for rte
    RTE works for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

It is highly likely that the earth will be consumed by the sun before anyone or anything out there even notices. The best we can hope for is an alien species discovering one of our satellites a few million years after we and the earth are long gone.

Either that or they've found us and are among us already.

Not sure what I prefer, not sure if I give a fuk either way.

Need a cigarette now, damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Microbes and possibly even animals without higher intelligence, probably yes.

Aliens with intelligence on par humans or even higher, possibly no.

But then who the feck knows and anyone who pretends to know is bull****ting! The universe is too big for us to figure that question out unless we are actually visited by said aliens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Many people seem to think that the sheer size of the Universe almost guarantees the existence of intelligent life existing elsewhere. However, most fail to consider, the miniscule chances of intelligent life (or even any type of life) evolving in the first place.

As Arthur C Clarke once said - 'Sometimes I think we're alone in the Universe, sometimes I think we're not, in either case the idea is quite staggering'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Sure havent Neil Armstrong , Buzz Aldrin and a host of other astronauts claim they have seen aliens. Some of them even claim they were hunted off the moon by aliens

Even Obama has an alien :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Hoop66

It might be interesting to see what happens once Voyager finally makes it out of the heliosphere around our solar system. Mightn't be too long now.

This will be the first man-made object to make it into interstellar space. Maybe that's the sign that the galactic overlords are looking for? Once you have sent a manufactured object into interstellar space, you are considered to be sufficiently advanced to join the galactic civillisations club.

I'd say they'll think we're a bunch of knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I watched the show about alien abductees on Channel 4 last night too OP.

What struck me - apart from the outrageous "hair" on the lady who lived with her son - was that they all had very good reasons for wanting to invent an alternative reality and escape the pain/mundanity of their own lives.

- the politician guy never knew his father and had a neglectful, alcoholic mother (so he invented an alien family)
    - the Irish lady had lost a daughter by suicide recently which drove her delusions into overdrive
    - the lady with the hair seemed to be just bored of it all - expalined that the only things she'd miss if the aliens took her forever would be her son, fags, tv and KFC.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of other life forms existing somewhere in the universe - but do I believe that they are coming and abducting a lady while she's eating a KFC family bucket - no.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hoop66 wrote: »
    It might be interesting to see what happens once Voyager finally makes it out of the heliosphere around our solar system. Mightn't be too long now.

So far Voyager 1 has 'left the Solar System' by passing through the termination shock three times, the heliopause twice, and once each through the heliosheath, heliosphere, heliodrome, auroral discontinuity, Heaviside layer, trans-Neptunian panic zone, magnetogap, US Census Bureau Solar System statistical boundary, Kuiper gauntlet, Oort void, and crystal sphere holding the fixed stars.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The best we can hope for is an alien species discovering one of our satellites a few million years after we and the earth are long gone.
    Probably better if they discovered us just in time to evacuate before the sun goes nova, just saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Isn't Alan Shatter from another planet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

coolhull wrote: »
    Isn't Alan Shatter from another planet?

Jewpiter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

marty-morrissey.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Probably better if they discovered us just in time to evacuate before the sun goes nova, just saying

If we haven't developed the means to evacuate ourselves by this stage, we deserve to be incinerated.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

Advertisement