Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think aliens exist

Options
  • 13-06-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭

Watched a fcuked up programme earlier about people who claim thy have been abducted by aliens

One dude thought he had alien kids( wayne rooney)and said he got the rode off his alien wife once a month

Another dude thought that the secret service were following him

Do you think aliens exist

Im pretty sure i saw a few in coppers a few months back

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

There's some strange beings posting in AH tonight, if that counts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭HansHolzel

Before he died the Hungarian physicist Edward Teller (the H-bomb guy) was asked in an online Q&A if he believed in aliens and if they were already on Earth.

"Oh yes," he replied. "There are ten million of them. And they all live in Hungary."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

There's 400,000,000,000 stars in our Galaxy, many with their own planets orbiting them. There's billions of galaxies.

I'd say they do, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I was watching the program about the Cats on BBC 2, It was awesome.

Aliens are probably a lot smarter than Cats though, Imagine getting abducted by Cats instead of Aliens, That would be some insane shít..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Lol.

OP obviously hasn't watched men in black. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

You havn't heard about our Reptilian Overlords?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Sky King wrote: »
    There's 400,000,000,000 stars in our Galaxy, many with their own planets orbiting them. There's billions of galaxies.

I'd say they do, yeah.

in the same way that if you turn out the lights in a room at night everything disappears

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Maybe not yer typical aliens like the greys but there has to be life out there. They'll think we're such smug ***** too for entertaining the idea that we're alone, like a knacker sneering from the other side of the nightclub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I watched The Host last night ...for sure .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

If you all got 1 hour 19 mins available have a listen to this, I listened to it last night while I edited photo studios in background, .. I've been walking around all day looking over my shoulder, I seriously need to take a **** but can't find anyone to watch over me while I do , but seriously have a listen to this.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UvfdDYl5jP0

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

I believe in non-nationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

keelanj69 wrote: »
    You havn't heard about our Reptilian Overlords?

Do they work for rte

• Registered Users Posts: 7,597 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

check out David Icke

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

IM0 wrote: »
    in the same way that if you turn out the lights in a room at night everything disappears

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Probably yes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Will we ever encounter each other? Due to the vastness of space and the difficulty of travel between stars...
    Probably no

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Adrianno28

Fo sho! read these.. so interesting try this ; http://serpo.org/release1.php

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Life of some sort definitely. Intelligent life (or anything resembling sentient animal life as we see on Earth) I'm not so sure about.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Considering we have only explored 1% of the universe, there has to be some other life out there somewhere, it might not be human sized or anything like that, it could be as small as an amoeba and still be considered an alien lifeform

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Yeah definitely. They probably ask the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You know who I fear...Parasites! :eek:
    Thieving gypsy bastards the lot of them.
    Look at what they did to poor oul Mr Snail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Considering we have only explored 1% of the universe, there has to be some other life out there somewhere, it might not be human sized or anything like that, it could be as small as an amoeba and still be considered an alien lifeform

We've explored close to zero % of the universe

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

charlemont wrote: »
    I was watching the program about the Cats on BBC 2, It was awesome.

Aliens are probably a lot smarter than Cats though, Imagine getting abducted by Cats instead of Aliens, That would be some insane shít..

This is why I keep a laser pointer on my keyring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

Social Welfare office's is full of them!!

Actually wait.......................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Are we the lone sentient beings in the universe/multiverse? LOL

Will we ever make physical contact? I think we will eventually (if we don't blow ourselves up).

It will take a new form of travel, inter dimensional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Specialun wrote: »
    Do they work for rte

Nope. Only in key US media or government positions, for some reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Actually I think the better question is whether ET will think there is intelligent life on Earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Probably yes.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Will we ever encounter each other? Due to the vastness of space and the difficulty of travel between stars...
    Probably no

Who knows,maybe with 'their' technology there might not be any great difficulty to travel between Stars.

Imagine if they were 1,000,000 years older than us.
    They would be pretty advanced,eh!

Remember,we only learned to fly in the last 100 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jay2013

i dont believe in aliens.. there no proof of their existance i think its just nonsense made up to give certain people jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

Personally, I believe there are alien life forms out there, like microbial alien life and maybe more, but I don't believe in the Hollywood aliens the people in that show were on about.

Some of those people in that show were vunerable, some of them were just nuts. All of them need help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Who knows,maybe with 'their' technology there might not be any great difficulty to travel between Stars.

Imagine if they were 1,000,000 years older than us.
    They would be pretty advanced,eh!

And they would have no reason for visiting us, not even for resources as they would be advanced enough to find or create them nearer to them.

Advertisement