Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think outside the box for a moment !! WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX !

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Colash wrote: »
    Did u ever think what if all this was just a dream ! As in life , living ., the earth , the universe . Someone's dream that we are all a part of .! Or if in some way we were created by the universe as a way of being self aware . Hit me with your thoughts

You mean we're the brain of the universe?

Think outside the box!

Dose that mean that you need your brains removing and being placed in another box complete with a life support system.

Now you're thinking outside the box!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Colash

kneemos wrote: »
    You mean we're the brain of the universe?

Exactly . As if we are the universes way of discovering itself . We could be part of a repetitive cycle of creation . Spanning billions of years .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Apparently it's no longer the universe as more and more cosmologists and the like reckon that the correct term would be multiverse. One of the proposed reasons why our 'universe' is expanding is beause we are being drawn towards a larger one with a larger gravatational pull than ours stretching it and making it bigger. Dats wat I saw on d telly anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Banjo wrote: »
    Sweet Georgia brown! Until the cat comes out of the box the possibilities that everyone outside the box have survived and have died both exist in balance, but by opening the box they make one of those possibilities reality.... So with enough cats and enough boxes you could kill everyone in the world
    Oh Dear God what was I thinking?:eek:
    20 years from now when the world superpowers of Neza-Chalco-Itza and Orangi Town are threatening world domination with boxes aimed at each other I will cite Einstein as my inspiration in accepting the Nobel peace prize for efforts to free the world from cardboard annihilation.

The messes you have to clean up as a result of thinking.
    A little knowledge is ...oops that one's been said already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

It's ok, you can defuse even a 10GigaCat Schrodinger bomb by shouting "pish wish wish here puss puss puss". If they respond to the aural stimulus, then causality dictates that they can only exit the box to the primary state of this binary system, the one in which everyone outside the box is alive, since if everyone were dead there's no one to make the "pish wish wish" sound that cats love.

Once you go over 10 Gigacats though, it's difficult to get them all to hear you. It's very dangerous. One of them might respond to the noise of other cats getting out of the box, and suddenly it could go either way. If the Daily Mail got wind of this one.... jesus...

It's one of the things the Chinese are most afraid of - their massive population and landmass makes them highly resilient to conventional weapons but even they are not safe from a Schrodinger Bomb - which is why they've sent their agents to almost every town on earth to gather up those hairy death machines, execute them and recycle them into the food chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

gramar wrote: »
    Apparently it's no longer the universe as more and more cosmologists and the like reckon that the correct term would be multiverse. One of the proposed reasons why our 'universe' is expanding is beause we are being drawn towards a larger one with a larger gravatational pull than ours stretching it and making it bigger. Dats wat I saw on d telly anyways.

Would it be expanding in all directions then or just one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

kneemos wrote: »
    Would it be expanding in all directions then or just one?

I suppose that would depend on how many other 'universes' there were pulling on ours and how big they were.

The people who study this kind of thing reckon that the distance between our galaxy and others at the edge of our universe is growing because they are closer to the gravitational force of a bigger universe and are under a stronger pull force as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Colash wrote: »
    Did u ever think what if all this was just a dream ! As in life , living ., the earth , the universe . Someone's dream that we are all a part of .! Or if in some way we were created by the universe as a way of being self aware . Hit me with your thoughts

we all live in the matrix man. just download some kung fu and go kick some robot butt

• Advertisement
Advertisement