Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Think outside the box for a moment !! WAY OUTSIDE THE BOX !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

We're a food crop that was planted here millions of years ago and some day the farmers will be back for the harvest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

kneemos wrote: »
    We're a food crop that was planted here millions of years ago and some day the farmers will be back for the harvest.

That's a ludicrous idea, they'd love that over in the CT forum

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    That's a ludicrous idea, they'd love that over in the CT forum

You might change you're mind when you end up in the large intestine of our alien masters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Apanachi wrote: »
    As the great Shakespeare once said:

All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages. At first, the infant,
    Mewling and puking in the nurse's arms.
    Then the whining schoolboy, with his satchel
    And shining morning face, creeping like snail
    Unwillingly to school. And then the lover,
    Sighing like furnace, with a woeful ballad
    Made to his mistress' eyebrow. Then a soldier,
    Full of strange oaths and bearded like the pard,
    Jealous in honor, sudden and quick in quarrel,
    Seeking the bubble reputation
    Even in the cannon's mouth. And then the justice,
    In fair round belly with good capon lined,
    With eyes severe and beard of formal cut,
    Full of wise saws and modern instances;
    And so he plays his part. The sixth age shifts
    Into the lean and slippered pantaloon,
    With spectacles on nose and pouch on side;
    His youthful hose, well saved, a world too wide
    For his shrunk shank, and his big manly voice,
    Turning again toward childish treble, pipes
    And whistles in his sound. Last scene of all,
    That ends this strange eventful history,
    Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
    Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.

As you like it, but in my opinion, Macbeth says it much better -

She should have died hereafter;
    There would have been a time for such a word.
    Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury
    Signifying nothing.

Macbeth (Act 5, Scene 5, lines 17-28)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I doesn't make sense that we're a food crop given how poor we are at keeping ourselves alive and in prime condition.

However, if you consider that we're a terraforming agent for an alien species that metabolises Carbon Monoxide and Sulphur Dioxide, a species which has a life cycle that includes eons of dormancy between phases allowing us to do the work of preparing the planet for their occupation, then it starts to make more sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

^^ Wait, What? Is that your theory or a theory?!

Considering there is a 1-5% DNA difference between us and chimpanzee's, if another life form is to exist like you say & return to inhabit this planet, if it had at least a 1-5% (if not more) DNA improvement on us then we would like pet mice to them.

Triangular wrote: »

Considering there is a 1-5% DNA difference between us and chimpanzee's, if another life form is to exist like you say & return to inhabit this planet, if it had at least a 1-5% (if not more) DNA improvement on us then we would like pet mice to them.

Chimps don't have missiles however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

woooaaaahhh!!!

Triangular wrote: »

'Theory' is too grand a word for that. Plus you'd have to ignore the whole evolution thing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I like to think we're a grander and more complex development of The Sims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

kneemos wrote: »
    Chimps don't have missiles however.

Yet

I like to think we're a grander and more complex development of The Sims.

Like the theory that we are the creation of futuristic super computers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

We are nearly nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What if dreams are actually the reality, and when you think you are awake is actually the dream?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What if dreams are actually the reality, and when you think you are awake is actually the dream?

I need more wet dreams then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

We are living in an holographic virtual reality.

Tom Campbell explains it all very well.

zonEEE wrote: »
    We are living in an holographic virtual reality.

Joe Rogan, what a supreme moron. He thinks the moon landing was faked and now here is postulating that The Matrix is reality and we are all in a computer simulation. At least have some originality in your batshit insane notions

We are a long running global Trueman type show for a vast alien audience.The directors orchestrate such things as weather disasters and epidemics and if viewing figures are slipping the odd war.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 YeDirtyHoor

Every molocule that exists in our universe is in fact another tiny universe, much like our universe is a tiny molocule is some giants universe..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Colash wrote: »
    Did u ever think what if all this was just a dream ! As in life , living ., the earth , the universe . Someone's dream that we are all a part of .! Or if in some way we were created by the universe as a way of being self aware . Hit me with your thoughts

I could start a better thread than that. I just don't want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

I had this vivid dream once, seemed very much like reality, where something bad had happened and I was hoping for some way out, praying denying just refusing to go on in this reality .... and then I woke up, with one of those hollywood type *gasp* wake-ups.

kinda freaky, like I had chosen a way out of a reality.

(for some unknown reason I didn't choose a reality with more in-out)

Joe Rogan, what a supreme moron. He thinks the moon landing was faked and now here is postulating that The Matrix is reality and we are all in a computer simulation. At least have some originality in your batshit insane notions

He likes to talk about wacky theories that get little airtime anywhere else. He knows his target audience and has one of the most popular podcasts in the world. He is far from a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I remember reading somewhere that had an interesting theory.

When we're about to die, we supposedly see our lives flashing before our eyes. But what if instead of them flashing by, we see them normally. What if we are all currently dying, as in near imminent death and we are reliving our life over again.

That goes hand in hand with the theory of that everything has happened already. That's why we get deja vu occasionally....
    So when you posted that you were wrong but perhaps it will become reality.

And if the deja vu part was correct, you would not have posted about deja vu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

That video was just a teaser to the simulation theory I agree Rogan is a moron, look at the second video of the nuclear physicists talking about it and then come back to me......

Maybe take a look at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

My head hurts, so if it's ok with the universe, I'll just think inside the box. I'll worry about my family, my work and my home, the rest I'll leave to Shakespeare, Hawkins and the philosophers. Over thinking stuff is a waste of energy - your reality is what it is, looking for another reality is like trying to catch smoke - pointless, tiring and ultimately destined to drive you mad. The dog wants a wee. I'm going to let him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Worst dream ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

Worst dream ever.
    You're forgetting that one where the oompa-loompahs were chasing you with the huge thingy. In fairness, that one was a teensy bit worse.

Maybe take a look at this...one and a half hour video? lulz, hold on!

Here's a 5 minute video from people way more intelligent then us debating about computer codes found in string theory equations.

Like the matrix ...Some entity programmed the universe and we are just expressions of their code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

What happens if I think outside Schrödinger's box.:confused:

Do I risk thinking myself out of existence?:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wil wrote: »
    What happens if I think outside Schrödinger's box.:confused:

Do I risk thinking myself out of existence?:eek:

Sweet Georgia brown! Until the cat comes out of the box the possibilities that everyone outside the box have survived and have died both exist in balance, but by opening the box they make one of those possibilities reality.... So with enough cats and enough boxes you could kill everyone in the world

Advertisement