Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Business Exam

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

I love accounting and am doing all the questions I can on it :P

Quick question on ledgers, it's only vat, sales, purchases that are on the end of the month, everything else is the actual date right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

examstress wrote: »
    Im doing geography. And economics ..hate science

I wanted to do chemistry but I ad already picked History out of the same group -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Quick question on ledgers, it's only vat, sales, purchases that are on the end of the month, everything else is the actual date right?

Then you can help me ;) creditors/debtors control accounts ..please explain and p.2 q.1 as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Can anybody link me with some revision notes?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

examstress wrote: »
    Then you can help me ;) creditors/debtors control accounts ..please explain and p.2 q.1 as well :(

Creditors control - Purchases and balance on credit side, other giure on debit side, then balance from there

Debtor's control - Balance and Sales on debit side, other figure on the credit side, and then balance it.

Very simple :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

I have a tip for accounting :

P. S : Purchases are always on the left, Sales on the right in accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Hi, my apologies if there's a thread similar to this, if there is I didn't see it.
    I've higher level Business tomorrow and I'm sort of at a loss,
    I need to cram....badly!
    I never really learned that much because my teacher was never in.
    So anyway if anyone has any study tips for business that would be great.
    Also, best way (in your opinion) to cram?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 DottiSka

Welp. Totally buggered for this exam tomorrow. I failed Ordinary Business in the mocks. I just never took an interest in the subject. Anything I can/should learn? I need help please. ;~;

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭chocolate98

zubikhan wrote: »
    My friend is saying people at work ?? come up every year is that true

most years!always on paper 1:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I hate Club Accounts. Love the rest of Accounting.

• Advertisement

I'm not going to do the Trading Profit and Loss accounts, can't do them at all

does anyone have any tips for the accounting in club accounts tryin to study them now?????

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raymk111

Theres a great chance ratios come up this year .. didnt come up last year and dey are usually regular i have dem like da back of me hed , business COME AT ME i suppose its probly a strong subject for me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raymk111

Can anybody link me with some revision notes?

http://sgcbusiness.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/summary-of-ratios1.pdf
    its gonna come up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pwee2029

does anyone have any tips for the accounting in club accounts tryin to study them now?????

Study the accumalated fund, income and expenditure account and the receipts and payments account. 2 of those will come up. The balance sheet came up last year and the bar trading account the year before, they aren't likely to come up again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

Pwee2029 wrote: »
    Study the accumalated fund, income and expenditure account and the receipts and payments account. 2 of those will come up. The balance sheet came up last year and the bar trading account the year before, they aren't likely to come up again.

They are usually the easiest, thanks
    I really wanna ace that test, so far I have not been delighted with my tests so far
    English D
    Maths B
    Geog A/B
    Cspe A
    Utterly disgrace :mad::mad::mad:

zubikhan wrote: »
    They are usually the easiest, thanks
    I really wanna ace that test, so far I have not been delighted with my tests so far
    English D
    Maths B
    Geog A/B
    Cspe A
    Utterly disgrace :mad::mad::mad:

you are jokin????????????????????how is that adisgrace????????????????:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

Trust me your results are good, at least you're being honest with your results and not acting like a smart arse, like some people here, oh if I don't get an A, I'm a failure. We all know reality, yes there are few people who get A's but some people just want a little bit of a confident boost. You're results are not terrible and good, don't let anyone put you down put. Also, not everyone is good with academic subjects, what your future holds is a different story. Your Junior Cert is just a stepping stone for your Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Niallh98

As screwed as I was for today, I somehow managed to get the balance sheet :D

• Advertisement

I did Questions 2,3,5 & 6. Really ahppy with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Jijsaw

Did anybody else wonder what the hell kind of question was that for Paper 2, Question 3A, just a strange question....but I got part B though :P

No didn't do that question btw exam papers for 2013 is up now on sec website :)

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

Anyone notice the lady gaga joke the sec tried to make :P

I don't think it was meant to be a joke, I think it was the best they could come up with, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Trying to "appeal to young people" and all... :D

Trying to "appeal to young people" and all... :D

But the SEC are hip....dawgs...:rolleyes:

Jijsaw wrote: »
    But the SEC are hip....dawgs...:rolleyes:

This is going to sound creepy but I was waiting for you....

This is going to sound creepy but I was waiting for you....

:P I was larking about all day, went to me Granddad's did some French and history. And missed you LIC ;) Over the past couple of weeks we've become a tight-knit clan, we'll have to do this again with the LC lads :)

• Advertisement

Jijsaw wrote: »
    :P I was larking about all day, went to me Granddad's did some French and history. And missed you LIC ;) Over the past couple of weeks we've become a tight-knit clan, we'll have to do this again with the LC lads :)

omg i cant imagine not coming on boards after the jc :( ive met so many people here :(

Advertisement