Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Business Exam

Options
  • 08-06-2013 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Are you prepared? What do you anticipate on coming up? Anything relevant to the business exam can be posted here whether its paper 1 or paper 2 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

I'm excited but I don't want to be so I can study for it all I did today was watch tv and post on boards. I have a feeling industrial relations is coming...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭finisher489

I'm pretty sure Bank Reconciliation Statement is coming up in Paper 1.

It actually hasn't come up in ages... Properly 9-10 years and also our brilliant teacher spent a lot of time on it and taught it to us like 4 or 5 times which is amazing because a lot of people forget small little facts or details in Business completely after about a few months.

Also guys, the Business marking schemes are friggin awesome, they have complete solutions for every single question from 2008-2012 so make good use of them. Great for both accounting questions and theory.

And guys, don't neglect the short questions because they are worth as much as 2 long questions.

PAPER 1
    Household Budget
    Club Accounts
    Economics

Paper 2
    Books of First Entry
    Business Documents
    Trading P+L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭zubikhan

I'm pretty sure Bank Reconciliation Statement is coming up in Paper 1.

It actually hasn't come up in ages... Properly 9-10 years and also our brilliant teacher spent a lot of time on it and taught it to us like 4 or 5 times which is amazing because a lot of people forget small little facts or details in Business completely after about a few months.

Also guys, the Business marking schemes are friggin awesome, they have complete solutions for every single question from 2008-2012 so make good use of them. Great for both accounting questions and theory.

And guys, don't neglect the short questions because they are worth as much as 2 long questions.

PAPER 1
    Household Budget
    Club Accounts
    Economics

Paper 2
    Books of First Entry
    Business Documents
    Trading P+L

Household Budget
    Club Accounts
    Economics

Paper 2
    Books of First Entry
    Business Documents
    Trading P+L

Are these the definate ones

zubikhan wrote: »
    Household Budget
    Club Accounts
    Economics

Paper 2
    Books of First Entry
    Business Documents
    Trading P+L

Are these the definate ones
    Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teach88

Just going on trends, Insurance is due up on Paper 1 and Marketing and Assessing a Business (ratios) are both due for Paper 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ash182

Is it weird I'm excited for business...? It's the subject I'm most confident in so I think (hope) I'll do well, it's pretty predictable, any tips for short questions though? :(

ash182 wrote: »
    Is it weird I'm excited for business...? It's the subject I'm most confident in so I think (hope) I'll do well, it's pretty predictable, any tips for short questions though? :(

Trust me it is not really weird at all
    I swear down to you that I have only studied
    1st year business,
    Household Budget,
    Club Accounts,
    Economics,
    Business Documents,
    Trading P+L,
    and for short questions I would say I probably do all short questions before the night of the exam and I would have a clear memory of what the type of questions that could come up
    You said it is very predictable ?? what do you think will come up for p1 section B ???

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I haven't done any business and if ratios come up then I'm pretty much doomed. It's a good thing I'm good at accounting.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    I haven't done any business and if ratios come up then I'm pretty much doomed. It's a good thing I'm good at accounting.

well I bet you, you have done more then me

My friend is saying people at work ?? come up every year is that true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭cfc.forever

No but they do come up quite frequently and I'm predicting they might very well come up this year :)

So will it definitley come up this year

So will it definitley come up this year
    No but they do come up quite frequently and I'm predicting they might very well come up this year :)

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »

Yeah, because I was looking it up and they have come straighg in the past 6 years but the only reason I find that confusing is that why do not people include it in the definite questions for business like finisher did, he/she did not include it for definite questions :confused::eek:

Yeah, because I was looking it up and they have come straighg in the past 6 years but the only reason I find that confusing is that why do not people include it in the definite questions for business like finisher did, he/she did not include it for definite questions :confused::eek:

I suppose, are definite questions acknowledged as definite by the SEC? If so, then even if People at Work has come up consistently, if it isn't acknowledged by the SEC, then it may not come up, even if the past patterns state otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭MJ434

Any more predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭MmmPancakes

MJ434 wrote: »
    Any more predictions?

Stuff that comes up in the SQs every year
    General Journal
    Ledger
    Sales/Purchase/Returns book
    Economic growth/imprest, that sort of small calculation
    Initials, WWW etc
    Debtor's/Creditor's control

Becuase it doesn't always come up as a full question e.g. 2012 and also sometimes it comes up either in Paper 1 and Paper 2

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Masterful Sponge

Just my predictions for this year:
    P1:
    Household budget
    Methods of payment, banking documents
    Economic framework, inflation
    National budget
    People at work
    Club accounts

P2:
    Marketing
    Business documents
    Books of first entry, ledgers
    Final accounts
    Monitoring overheads
    Report/letter writing

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Lost In Confusion

what is excise duties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

what is excise duties?
    Tax on goods the government want to discourage consumers from buying, e.g. cigarettes, alcohol, petrol

My Hopes for tomorrow:

Paper One:
    • Budget
    • Economics
    • Club Account
    • People At Work

Paper Two:
    • Final Accounts (TPL)
    • Business Documents
    • Delivery Systems
    • Marketing
    • Private Companies or Ratios

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Masterful Sponge

what is excise duties?

The taxes charged by the government on things such as petrol, alcohol and cigarettes

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭examstress

Is debt servicing ibcome ir expen. For the gov ?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭sotisme

examstress wrote: »
    Is debt servicing ibcome ir expen. For the gov ?

Debt servicing is repaying the interest on the national debt

Here peoples bank reconcilliation isnt in papers what do I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

Avoiding accounting like the plague, wouldn't trust myself to do it in an exam. Although I love Budgets :p

Avoiding accounting like the plague, wouldn't trust myself to do it in an exam. Although I love Budgets :p

Same I hate accounting ! IM doing econ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭greenpyjamas

examstress wrote: »
    Same I hate accounting ! IM doing econ

Yeah hope an economics q comes up in the exam, not sure whether to do it for leaving cert. I've put down Geography but I'm not really too fussed about that :L

Yeah hope an economics q comes up in the exam, not sure whether to do it for leaving cert. I've put down Geography but I'm not really too fussed about that :L

Im doing geography. And economics ..hate science

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Niallh98

I am absolutely screwed for tomorrow. I have done minimal work all year and I absolutely hate the subject. On the bright side, this time tomorrow I'll be finished business forever! :D

Advertisement