Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspected rapist buried alive with alleged victim !!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Bolivia is often described as the toilet of South America. Police corruption means that justice is often never seen to be done. I'd hazard a guess to say that the mobs actions were born out of this frustration. Not that I think it was the right thin to do.

I lived in La Paz for a short time. It's a mad place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It also makes it a lot easier to find innocent people guilty. Lets say a man has sex with his partner. He then leaves the house for whatever reason. He comes back to find his partner dead. Turns out she has been raped and murdered but the rapist used a condom so the only DNA they find on her is her partners. If they had any sort of a turbulent relationship/money problems/life insurance policy he'll get to cash in on/him previously accused of jealousy and her about to leave him etc it's going to look really bad for him.

Can you give an example where a Court used dna evidence in this way, as in against a partner who freely admitted being intimate with his partner, who had subsequently been raped and murdered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It also makes it a lot easier to find innocent people guilty. Lets say a man has sex with his partner. He then leaves the house for whatever reason. He comes back to find his partner dead. Turns out she has been raped and murdered but the rapist used a condom so the only DNA they find on her is her partners. If they had any sort of a turbulent relationship/money problems/life insurance policy he'll get to cash in on/him previously accused of jealousy and her about to leave him etc it's going to look really bad for him.

Unless the rapist is completely encased in latex, sperm isn't the only dna he will leave behind.

Advertisement