Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspected rapist buried alive with alleged victim !!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

What's this estimation based on?
    Any stat of 90 or more per cent... is nearly always a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Hownowcow wrote: »
    Colquechaca, is a small town in the mountains of Bolivia. Most of it's population are indigenous groups. I suspect their idea of justice does not match what is generally accepted as such here.

being critcial of foreigners and their ways
    not very multicultural AH .....racists the lot of you:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Any stat of 90 or more per cent... is nearly always a guess.

94% of stats over 90 per cent, to be precise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

I have never been 'accused' of rape.

99.9% of the time the locals get the right culprit.

Is this your way of confessing to .1% of rapes in your locality???

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭CavanGal

bluewolf wrote: »
    Another good reason not to identify suspects before a trial, I suppose
    As much as I want stronger justice in rape cases, even if he were found guilty, death penalty is just not on

Wasn't the victim raped and murdered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Off the topic here, in the article they link the word Earth and it brings you to the musicians profile....

Anyway, burying folk alive is wrong, down with that sort of thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Oh yes it can!

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/suspected-murderer-buried-alive-29326757.html

Must try harder Watson.
    Love and kisses,
    Sherlock
    Also in the article
    Also on Wednesday in Potosi, residents of the Quechua indigenous community of Tres Cruces stoned to death a suspected thief and burned his accomplice alive, Mr Barrios said. The official said the two had earlier robbed a car and killed its driver.

Lynchings sometimes occur in rural and poor parts of Bolivia where police and other authorities are scarce.
    They don't mess around when they've decided someone is guilty :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CavanGal wrote: »
    Wasn't the victim raped and murdered?

One of the victims was raped and murdered. The other was just murdered, presumably in a much more horrible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Chilling the way they blockaded the graveyard to prevent the police and prosecutor from entering to stop their madness.

They really should have got him into protective custody if they had an inkling of potential mob justice unfolding.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I wonder what the crime rate is like in that region. Being burned or buried alive would seem like a pretty good deterrent to me...
    Death is not a deterrent, bizarrely.

People who commit violent crimes do so under the assumption that they won't be caught. The typical risk/reward psychology doesn't really apply. So increasing the punishment basically does nothing to discourage them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I have never been 'accused' of rape.

99.9% of the time the locals get the right culprit.

True..Better to be safe then sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Grand Moff Tarkin

He won't do that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the guys who buried the suspect alive, was the real perpetrator of the crime.

He won't do that again.
    Do what?

Revolting story. No one deserves that fate, even if he was guilty.

Meanwhile we get to listen to backpackers telling us how 'real' and 'pure' these tribes are. Seems like the work of savages tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    But IMO - IF he was proven guilty, I wouldn't have a problem with killing him......but burying him alive beside the victim seems ……well a little disrespectful to the victim.

So what does AH think ?
    A man who murdered his child in Ireland earlier this year or late last year had the poor child buried with him, his murderer. It made me sick. When I posted about it here I was modded and discussion ended. Just saying ..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,415 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the guys who buried the suspect alive, was the real perpetrator of the crime.

Could it have been the village idiot or some poor social outcast that they picked on?

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

any now they are together for eternity, how sweet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

KeithTS wrote: »
    Off the topic here, in the article they link the word Earth and it brings you to the musicians profile....

Anyway, burying folk alive is wrong, down with that sort of thing!

Doesn't that mean you agree with it? :confused:

Do what?
    Rape.

• Advertisement

Rape.
    Oh yeh the rape that was alleged and not proven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Revolting story. No one deserves that fate, even if he was guilty.

If he was guilty of rape and murder then he deserved it imo.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

woodoo wrote: »

Fortunately the justice systems in the civilised World aren't based on opinions like yours so.

Would you be willing to do it to him? If you are then I'd consider you in just as bad a light as him. You'd be just as much of a murderer.

Oh yeh the rape that was alleged and not proven.
    The mob seemed to think so and they live in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

The mob seemed to think so and they live in that area.

gotta kill someone

woodoo wrote: »

So that makes the mob (and you, vicariously) just as bad as him.

Presuming he is guilty, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

bluewolf wrote: »
    Another good reason not to identify suspects before a trial, I suppose
    As much as I want stronger justice in rape cases, even if he were found guilty, death penalty is just not on

Why not?

With the discovery of DNA it makes a big difference to solving cases of rape and murder.

People who rape and murder their victims or child killers should get the death penalty and they are no loss to the rest of the human race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Why not?

With the discovery of DNA it makes a big difference to solving cases of rape and murder.

People who rape and murder their victims or child killers should get the death penalty and they are no loss to the rest of the human race.

Which is the same attitude of the Murderer and an easy escape for the perp. Life is the best punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,381 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Piliger wrote: »
    Which is the same attitude of the Murderer and an easy escape for the perp. Life is the best punishment.

Well if they get life it should be 23 hour lockdown with just the basic living requirments and the only way they get out is when the Grim Reaper decides their number is up.

I don't know why they call a sentence "life" here in Ireland, in nearly every case they are out within 20 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Why not?

It also makes it a lot easier to find innocent people guilty. Lets say a man has sex with his partner. He then leaves the house for whatever reason. He comes back to find his partner dead. Turns out she has been raped and murdered but the rapist used a condom so the only DNA they find on her is her partners. If they had any sort of a turbulent relationship/money problems/life insurance policy he'll get to cash in on/him previously accused of jealousy and her about to leave him etc it's going to look really bad for him.

Advertisement