Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The awkward moment when you punch a scumbag and he doesn't get back up

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Yep.

+1 for medal. Possibly a pay rise and a training position in scumbag control too?

Guard didn't do a thing wrong. Obviously did something right. The pr1ck stopped assaulting her, didn't he? Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

The one thing I hate is a man hitting a women, Isn't it amazing anytime police seems to get into a bit of bother people are more concerned about filming it rather than helping out :mad:

I remember reading a story about a young guard (23) who was on patrol in temple bar on her own when 2 lads punched her to the ground, She was surrounded by people and not 1 person helped the poor women:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Bambi wrote: »
    Ah, the unmistakable sound of a story changing. :)

How is the story changing? I think you misread what i meant. I would move along because i assume he has a good reason for asking me. As for the previous poster yes i know SOME forces have SOME bad officers but this discussion is about the officer in the vid being assaulted and defending herself. Not the London metropolitan police kettling tactics or heavy handedness towards hippy and her friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

For Christ sake. I hate scumbags. That blonde girl roaring at the end, someone please find her an euthanize it before it reproduces.

However controversial, this is why every police man/woman needs a gun at all times. Pull **** like that video, and a bullet. Who cares if they die. They bring nothing to society.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Big Bottom

Having seen this video Ill be forwarding it on and making a complaint to the ombudsman, an absolute disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

old hippy wrote: »
    Maybe if people stopped treating other people as "skangers", they'd stop behaving like "skangers". Just a thought, like.

By "people", do you include the ill-mannered yobs that rob, steal, harass tourists, etc? I agree, they should start treating the rest of us with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Big Bottom wrote: »
    Having seen this video Ill be forwarding it on and making a complaint to the ombudsman, an absolute disgrace.

you must be one of those 'Freeman of the land types' you know the lads that don't seem to acknowledge anyone in authority.

Not from coolock are ya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLVyyvSey0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I agree its a disgrace, the people crowding around saying "ur deeed" should of been punched too instead of walking away for threats towards a garda

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The dirt / filth that cops have to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Mother of jesus!

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

I believe you will be outside the required timeframe for reporting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,037 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

John.Icy wrote: »
    That blonde girl roaring at the end, someone please find her an euthanize it before it reproduces.
    i wouldn't be surprised if it has all ready spauned
    John.Icy wrote: »
    However controversial, this is why every police man/woman needs a gun at all times. Pull **** like that video, and a bullet. Who cares if they die. They bring nothing to society.
    that sort of **** is fine for the US, leave it over there, shooting someone because they have a gun themselves is fine but just because they go to punch someone is OTT, should i be able to carry a gun at all times and shoot someone for going to punch me? sure them being dead isn't something i'd lose sleep over but if somebody unarmed got shot in this country i'd dread to think about the possible back-clash, we have the ERU, and the regional support units so no need for every guard to carry a gun

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

i wouldn't be surprised if it has all ready spauned

that sort of **** is fine for the US, leave it over there, shooting someone because they have a gun themselves is fine but just because they go to punch someone is OTT, should i be able to carry a gun at all times and shoot someone for going to punch me? sure them being dead isn't something i'd lose sleep over but if somebody unarmed got shot in this country i'd dread to think about the possible back-clash, we have the ERU, and the regional support units so no need for every guard to carry a gun

There wouldn't be much backlash. I think it's quite clear no one likes scumbags.

The scumbags uprise? Prison forever or if they attack officers, then they get a bullet, even just to their knees or something so they couldn't walk around.

In other news about scumbags, what's this all over my facebook about riots at some beach again today? Someone stabbed and killed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Oh ffs not you with this ****e again

You are the Boards equivalent of a useless skanger

You may be a year or 2 too late for that. Don't worry though i am sure you won't have to wait too long before another worthless drain on society decides to attack a guard and gets slapped for it. Tell me this, What's the weather like up there on the high moral ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Riamfada wrote: »
    Id put them in a big camp and left nature take its course.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

darced wrote: »
    How's it going Norris Cole.:rolleyes:

Thats MR Cole to you ya young whippersnapper:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,772 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I agree. She needs to be sent back for training. She should've been able to take the little **** out with one clatter from the asp.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

token101 wrote: »
    Or maybe if people stopped apologising for people who act the menace in the street, maybe we'd have less of a problem with anti social behaviour?

Who's apologising for the teen's behaviour? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Who's apologising for the teen's behaviour? :confused:

That little puzzled face you threw in, well it sums up the feelings in this thread towards the people who think the gard "should be reported".

Oh where to begin.

That little puzzled face you threw in, well it sums up the feelings in this thread towards the people who think the gard "should be reported".

Oh where to begin.

I think both parties engaged in violence are unacceptable but nowhere have I apologised for the violent teen - hence the confusion.

I think both parties engaged in violence are unacceptable but nowhere have I apologised for the violent teen - hence the confusion.

But yet you have not once gave an honest alternative to the gards response.

But yet you have not once gave an honest alternative to the gards response.

I guess if I was a trained Gard I might have reacted differently. But I'm not, so I can't say. Doesn't mean I have to accept violence and excessive force, no matter who's dishing it out.

I guess if I was a trained Gard I might have reacted differently. But I'm not, so I can't say. Doesn't mean I have to accept violence and excessive force, no matter who's dishing it out.

Finally.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

No excessive force in that video.

You'll probably have to accept violence if and when someone starts punching the head offa ya if you're gonna live by self indulgent waffle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

You'll probably have to accept violence if and when someone starts punching the head offa ya if you're gonna live by self indulgent waffle.

I'm sure the aim wasn't to knock him out anyway. Lucky shot and a happy accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭SeanW

"Both parties engaged in violence" ...

That's what happens when somoene attacks you and you defend yourself: you have to be violent in return. And that's the issue. This scumbag was causing trouble and then assaulted the guard, plain and simple. Yet instead of condemning him, you criticise the bangarda without suggesting how she should have handled it in a way that (according to you) would have been better.

Yes, I'm well aware of how having an opinion invites a violent response. I've lived by my principles of non violence and peaceful protest for many years now and some angry reactionaries on boards aren't going to make the slightest bit of difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

To be honest, what I see in the video is this:

Gardai in the middle of an arrest.
    Guy interferes.
    Starts swinging punches at the garda.
    She wildly flaps the blows away.
    Someone else drops the guy.
    Garda stops engagment when she notices guy isn't moving.

I honestly can't see where old hippy gets the "brutality, oh the humanity, she's beating someone."

Old hippy, you are letting your past grievances get the better of you. Yes, there are bad apples. Not just in police forces, but in all walks of life and professions. Even in protestors.

Do I believe some people deserve what the get? Yes. Because they push, and push, and push. When finally they get pushed back, they cry blue murder.

Could the Garda have responded better? Probably. There's always a better response. But did she do the best she could, in the time she had, under the conditions she faced? Abso****inglutely.

Advertisement