Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Queensland Reds Sat 8 June 10:30am; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

yimrsg wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned but Samo played against the Lions 12 years ago.

http://www.lionsrugby.com/history/match_archives.php?section=lineups&fixid=58555

That was a good Lions team too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

astonaidan wrote: »
    How are people feeling about the points difference for tomorrow :D

Plus 20, it'll be tight for a while but the class on that bench will pull the strings in the second half

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

astonaidan wrote: »
    How are people feeling about the points difference for tomorrow :D

Lions by about 15-20, especially because the bench is so strong, but I also wouldn't be shocked if the Reds picked up a surprise victory.

If I was Gatland, I would have picked this team for the Force game, and picked Tuesday's team for this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That was a good Lions team too!

Had forgotten that Matt Dawson did a lot of the goal-kicking on that tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I like Tualagi as a player and a person.. seems fairly genuine.

I havent Noticed it so much recently but he definitely used to have a resl artogant streak to him which is a mice trait in young Enhlish players. We dont mind it in the Celts so much of course...

It's also probably a result of the boat incident at the 2011 WC. It's funny Andy Powell drives a Golf buggy down the Motorway and is a hero, Tuilagi jumps off a boat and is a villain.

Anyway I've warmed to him a bit but maybe that is because he is playing for my team for the next 5 weeks, I'm sure come Ulster v Leicester next season it will be back to normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

I like Tualagi as a player and a person.. seems fairly genuine.

Obviously being Leicester born I am biased, but the whole Tuilagi clan is sound. Manu is the youngest in a long line of tuilagis to have played for Leicester, and they are all pretty grounded guys. And there are little teenage and adolescent tuilagis running round the streets of Leicester with rugby balls!

The world cup ferry jumping incident was just him being a kid, hanging around with supposed 'grown ups' like mike Tindall, that should have known better. Not really his fault IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭Chabals Beard

I dunno but I like guys who let it know that they are enjoying themselves.. I think the smile when get scores is hilarious.. similarly with Zebo and Ronaldhinio back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Obviously being Leicester born I am biased, but the whole Tuilagi clan is sound. Manu is the youngest in a long line of tuilagis to have played for Leicester, and they are all pretty grounded guys. And there are little teenage and adolescent tuilagis running round the streets of Leicester with rugby balls!

Heard that alright from my Uncle with deep Tiger roots. Forever contributing to the community and their local church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

bilston wrote: »
    I havent Noticed it so much recently but he definitely used to have a resl artogant streak to him which is a mice trait in young Enhlish players. We dont mind it in the Celts so much of course...

It's also probably a result of the boat incident at the 2011 WC. It's funny Andy Powell drives a Golf buggy down the Motorway and is a hero, Tuilagi jumps off a boat and is a villain.

Anyway I've warmed to him a bit but maybe that is because he is playing for my team for the next 5 weeks, I'm sure come Ulster v Leicester next season it will be back to normal.

Andy Powell was dropped, fined and banned. As it wasn't his only alcohol-related misdemeanour being dealt with in court at the time, "hero" is not really a term that would describe him amongst the Welsh rugby public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Why is jumping off a boat such a big deal exactly?

• Advertisement

danthefan wrote: »
    Why is jumping off a boat such a big deal exactly?

Off the back of a ferry? It's dangerous, illegal and when drinking during the day, not exactly what management would be happy with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

JustinDee wrote: »
    Off the back of a ferry? It's dangerous, illegal and when drinking during the day, not exactly what management would be happy with.

Management obviously wouldn't be very happy, why should Irish rugby fans give a toss?

danthefan wrote: »
    Management obviously wouldn't be very happy, why should Irish rugby fans give a toss?
    Agree with you on that. Just a bit of news to read and subjectively judge.

JustinDee wrote: »
    Andy Powell was dropped, fined and banned. As it wasn't his only alcohol-related misdemeanour being dealt with in court at the time, "hero" is not really a term that would describe him amongst the Welsh rugby public.

Well to be fair I have read lots of comments from people saying it was harmless fun and that he is great craic to be around. Maybe I exagerate with the word hero but I wouldnt say he is a villain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Hoping for a competitive game and no more injuries. Hoping for Cooper to shine as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

yimrsg wrote: »
    Haven't seen it mentioned but Samo played against the Lions 12 years ago.

http://www.lionsrugby.com/history/match_archives.php?section=lineups&fixid=58555
    I forgot that Séamus was the Brumbies captain that day as well.

A real Munster hero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Tommy to score twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Tis a bit annoying that the only test of the Lions so far comes against the worst starting 15 we've put out in the 3 games

Tox56 wrote: »
    Tis a bit annoying that the only test of the Lions so far comes against the worst starting 15 we've put out in the 3 games

Yes but they are all international players so they are still good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

This could be a close run thing.
    That's probably one of the weakest 15s we could put out.

Should still win mind.

• Advertisement

When was the last time Gray carried the ball effectively? :confused::confused::confused:

Whats with this myth?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

"I'll just sit back and let someone else talk for a bit..."

- Is what Ieuan Evans never said. Ever.

Gray is one big unit 125kg of pure Scottish beef

Neil3030 wrote: »
    "I'll just sit back and let someone else talk for a bit..."

- Is what Ieuan Evans never said. Ever.

He talks ****e as well. Its just filler. "...blah blah blah, wants to give everyone a chance" - what inane splurge.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Cooper as captain is interesting, certainly being backed by the Reds management. Still doubt he will be defending from 10 as requested by Deans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Wasn't Dom Shipperley playing in the Rugby Championship?If so,benching for the Reds is a bit of a fall from grace.

Suncorp is a great stadium, should be some atmosphere.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    Wasn't Dom Shipperley playing in the Rugby Championship?If so,benching for the Reds is a bit of a fall from grace.

Australia decimated by injuries last year. He's good, but he's no Digby.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

19543261 wrote: »
    He talks ****e as well. Its just filler. "...blah blah blah, wants to give everyone a chance" - what inane splurge.

100%. And it's really amplified in contrast to the insight you get from McGeechan, a man he routinely talks over... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Swan Curry wrote: »

Ed Donohue played for Ireland A's did he?

Advertisement