Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British and Irish Lions vs Queensland Reds Sat 8 June 10:30am; Sky Sports 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Adam Jones and Paul OConnell please. Soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Sexton tightness in hamstring.. GET HIM OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 12,896 ✭✭✭✭JRant

shuffol wrote: »
    North took the right option carrying out wide there, he'd one man outside him and the defence was drifting across, he spotted a gap and almost got through it, if the offload had've stuck it would most likely have resulted in a try.

Cant understand the commentators praise for Cooper, he's been brutal IMO.

Well it's the same commentators saying that is going to be the lions starting pack for the first test!!!

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Thought's on Faletau's performance lads?
    I may be biased but I've been very unimpressed.

Heaslip's the man! You can quote me on this. Just needs a big game v the Tahs to nail it home.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Ah you know what I mean. I think North should start but I just think that no welsh backline player can pass the ball and its a major weakness when playing with others who arent 6'4 and 18 stone

As I said earlier he's on the wing, passing is hardly crucial. I'd say based on his game a good offload is more important than throwing spin passes. I'd be more worried that Davies and Roberts can't pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Was that not carried over?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

19543261 wrote: »
    You know there's such a thing as holding on to the ball when the pass is not the good option.

Of course, but he does this over and over, last game had a prime example when there was a certain try if he passed but he didn't, went into contact and the chance was gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭A-Train

Thought's on Faletau's performance lads?
    I may be biased but I've been very unimpressed.

Yes very underwhelmed to say the least. Control at the back of the scrum lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

My god this game is crawling along.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭Anatidaephobia

I think Farrell has been good today. Has made some mistakes, but he's also made some great breaks and a few big hits. Ben Youngs has been very good, but I think he's getting a bit tired by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Not enough Lions players have put their hands up. Warburton as a captain is wrong and Toby Faletau has not done enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Of course, but he does this over and over, last game had a prime example when there was a certain try if he passed but he didn't, went into contact and the chance was gone.

Hardly a certain try in their own half with a drifting defence and a full back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,896 ✭✭✭✭JRant

trouttrout wrote: »
    Not a hope barring injury to Sexton. Simply isn't int he same league

Farrell is going well but he still can't control a game like Sexton

Oh I agree 100% that Sexton should start but you never know when your old lad is helping to pick the team.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

Been quite impressed with Stevens today.

Better than I thought he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

JRant wrote: »
    Just feel that Sexton needs to be given the responsibility as he has barely kicked so far on tour.

Exactly. He needs to be given Goal Kicking duties at some point, after his poor showing in Hong Kong. No point having him kicking cold in the Tests, if he is called upon.

Stuart Hogg has been tidy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Cooper is as mad as a bag of spiders!

Love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Hardly a certain try in their own half with a drifting defence and a full back.

We're obviously not talking about the same game or chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Another great try by the Reds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Pitch looks slopey.

• Advertisement

Nice try from the Reds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

JRant wrote: »
    Oh I agree 100% that Sexton should start but you never know when your old lad is helping to pick the team.

Call me naive but I really don't believe Farrell Snr. is going to influence selection in that manner. It would undermine the entire tour imo. The test side may be Welsh slanted but Gatland will pick on what he believes is merit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭A-Train

Good try by the reds but poor Lions defending! Need to kill the game off!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Game on! Lions looking very, very tired in last 10 minutes. Likes of Lydiate don't appear to be on the pitch any longer. Pack needs major changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

its_phil wrote: »
    Cooper is as mad as a bag of spiders!

Love it

Hes been the fulcrum of all the good reds play. Utter madness if he's not at least on the bench for the Wallabies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Oh, interesting last 20 coming up!!

WTH hasn't WG used his forward subs?

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rocket Rod is some speed when he moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Trytime! Gotta love Quade

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭trouttrout

Worst thing about Warburton's performance is that it's really not surprising, this is typical of the kind of display hes been putting in during 2012 and most of 2013

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,197 ✭✭✭✭Buer

trouttrout wrote: »
    Hes been the fulcrum of all the good reds play. Utter madness if he's not at least on the bench for the Wallabies

Fulcrum of plenty silly play too. Don't think he has done enough at all.

Advertisement