Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC Champions Trophy

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

HonalD wrote: »
    I think the home team are likely to win.
    It will be an epic match for sure -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Its been an excellent competition, most games have been good contests, even with the weather, shame both semis were a bit anti-climactic so hoping it will be the Final the tournament deserves.

India slight favourites with the bookies which is probably right, will be a cracking atmosphere, looking forward to it.
    COME ON ENGLAND!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭TheJak01

Perfect time for Morgan to step up. Not been impressed with him recently, and reckon he needs some runs, and where's there a better place to do it?

I think the game could depend heavily on the conditions and the toss. If the balls likely to be moving I fancy England all day long, though they need to be careful with their batting. Allowing the tail to wag like they did against SA would be absolutely criminal too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Interesting they've brought Bresnan back for Finn. Maybe needing the extra batting in case of the top order fail.

As expected, India are the home side in Birmingham. England players booed by the crowd, classy.

Even though England won the toss and have the advantage of bowling first, India should win this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

After all the build up the rain is likely to reduce this much awaited final at most to a 20-20 damp squib....forecast looks poor until 4 pm atleast

Typical farce from the ICC:mad::mad:....No reserve day for the final.....and England play NZ on Tuesday in an utterly meaningless T-20 match while India head off to the West Indies tomorrow to play an even more meaningless tri-series with SL and WI:confused::confused:

• Advertisement

booth70 wrote: »
    After all the build up the rain is likely to reduce this much awaited final at most to a 20-20 damp squib....forecast looks poor until 4 pm atleast

Typical farce from the ICC:mad::mad:....No reserve day for the final.....and England play NZ on Tuesday in an utterly meaningless T-20 match while India head off to the West Indies tomorrow to play an even more meaningless tri-series with SL and WI:confused::confused:

So disappointing, but as you say, typical and, not overly surprising

So disappointing, but as you say, typical and, not overly surprising

Who does the shortened innings favour?

India, all day long for me now its 24 overs.

Edit: would think its even more nailed on now its 20 overs. Still, who knows.

Not content with not scoring with the bat, Morgan has decided to be a liability fielding too.

Never mind, lashing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

England have lost their minds! Bresnan's run out was a shambles in particular.

• Advertisement

Conchir wrote: »
    England have lost their minds! Bresnan's run out was a shambles in particular.

If South Africa are accused of choking in big games, think England could be accused of the same there. Pathetic near the end.

Oh, and congratulations to India

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭decies

Great win for India

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Thrilling conclusion. Great tournament. They should rethink getting rid of this tournament.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭mike2084

Washout wrote: »
    Thrilling conclusion. Great tournament. They should rethink getting rid of this tournament.

They are re-thinking it.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2013/content/story/644313.html

Personally, I still wouldn't miss it and am much more intrigued by the proposed Test Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

mike2084 wrote: »
    They are re-thinking it.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc-champions-trophy-2013/content/story/644313.html

Personally, I still wouldn't miss it and am much more intrigued by the proposed Test Championship.

My trouble with a test Championship us that three matches dont make a proper tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Washout wrote: »

Great final and Lanka v New Zealand was great fun, but so many boring games apart from that.

The 3rd Umpire decision was pathetic and almost turned it out , but yea we cannot blaim him for England lose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Great win for us. After being humiliated in England, to come back and win Champions trophy (which is as good as world cup) is a great achievement. Won T20 world cup and South Africa, 50 overs world cup in England and Champions trophy in England. That's a very good record for a poor travelling side.

I was not at all confident when it was only 20 overs game, we were just beating teams so easily in 50 overs and 20 overs is a sort of lottery and with the conditions we had no option but to take risk to set a good total which resulted in getting out so cheaply.

Very happy with Dhawan and Jadeja. Great series from both and Kohli chipped in as usual. Also Bhuvneshwar Kumar had very good series, keeps it very tight.

Only 4 survivors from the World cup 2011, Dhoni, Ashwin, Kholi and Raina. So that's a pretty good transition.

Eli Nich wrote: »
    The 3rd Umpire decision was pathetic and almost turned it out , but yea we cannot blaim him for England lose

That was diabolical wasn't it, worst I have seen from a 3rd umpire. Wouldn't mind checking his paddy power account. Unless it was a continuation of a charm offensive for the BCCI to use the 3rd umpire in series all the time. :p

That was diabolical wasn't it, worst I have seen from a 3rd umpire. Wouldn't mind checking his paddy power account. Unless it was a continuation of a charm offensive for the BCCI to use the 3rd umpire in series all the time. :p
    No need to check his Paddy Power account, look at his passport instead. Hint - it's green and has kangaroo on it. :pac:

The whole Morgan/Bopara/Buttler/Bresnan collapse was truly awful. Buttler in particular trying to smash it first ball, calm down lad.

I was going to blame Morgan as he conceded 5 buzzers while fielding, which would have tied the game, but in the end he did well with the bat.

Really disappointed with the Indian fans though. Something very off about the booing of the England team and the constant booing Bopara got whenever he got near the ball. Although he answered them well with his bowling, it does hint at something quite poisonous.

Anyway, Ashes start in two weeks. It'll be good to get back to some proper cricket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

Rascasse wrote: »
    No need to check his Paddy Power account, look at his passport instead. Hint - it's green and has kangaroo on it. :pac:

The whole Morgan/Bopara/Buttler/Bresnan collapse was truly awful. Buttler in particular trying to smash it first ball, calm down lad.

I was going to blame Morgan as he conceded 5 buzzers while fielding, which would have tied the game, but in the end he did well with the bat.

Really disappointed with the Indian fans though. Something very off about the booing of the England team and the constant booing Bopara got whenever he got near the ball. Although he answered them well with his bowling, it does hint at something quite poisonous.

Anyway, Ashes start in two weeks. It'll be good to get back to some proper cricket.

The Indian fans were unsporting I agree but Cook did no better in the end......not one word congratulating India for winning the tournament.....he did take the time out to thank the groundsman twice though during his interview with Hussain:confused:

In the end the right team won though India dodged a bullet yesterday.....even as an Indian, I am still reeling from the fact that it was Ishant Sharma who turned the match for us yesterday!!!

Come to think of it....If England had won an ODI tournament particularly a major world event like the Champions Trophy with Cook,Bell and Trott at 1,2,3 we would not have heard the end of it

Keeping the fact in mind It was a tournament final yea it was worst, But I personally think he was controlling his pee for a long time :D you know what i mean

• Registered Users Posts: 26 victorpaul1

It was a good tournament for Indian Team because they won it for 1st time.

And for the last time as well

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

And for the last time as well

That's your wishful thinking mate!!

[PHP][/PHP]
    cais wrote: »
    That's your wishful thinking mate!!

ICC champions trophy wont happen anymore how come they'll win again? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Very unlucky not to win it at least one more time when we played finals against Sri Lanka and match was washed out. We were favs to win and we had some decent score to chase.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭plasmin

[PHP][/PHP]

ICC champions trophy wont happen anymore how come they'll win again? :eek:

Thanks for correcting me :)

Advertisement