Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC Champions Trophy

Options
  • 06-06-2013 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭

06 June India v South Africa 10:30 Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    07 June Pakistan v West Indies 10:30 The Oval, London
    08 June England v Australia 10:30 Edgbaston, Birmingham
    09 June New Zealand v Sri Lanka 10:30 Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    10 June Pakistan v South Africa 13:00 Edgbaston, Birmingham
    11 June India v West Indies 10:30 The Oval, London
    12 June Australia v New Zealand 10:30 Edgbaston, Birmingham
    13 June England v Sri Lanka 13:00 The Oval, London
    14 June South Africa v West Indies 10:30 Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    15 June India v Pakistan 10:30 Edgbaston, Birmingham
    16 June England v New Zealand 10:30 Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    17 June Australia v Sri Lanka 13:00 The Oval, London
    19 June TBA v TBA 10:30 The Oval, London
    20 June TBA v TBA 10:30 Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
    23 June TBA v TBA 10:30 Edgbaston, Birmingham

Anyone watching this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

South Africa minus Steyn look very ordinary in the field

India 210/1 in 34 overs but I reckon they'll need about 400 to win considering the bowling attack they posess:)

What a year Dhawan is having!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just wondering does anyone have a way of streaming Radio 5 Live Sports Xtra to listen to this? It's region locked :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone have a way of streaming Radio 5 Live Sports Xtra to listen to this? It's region locked :(

Probably too late for this game now, but fyi if you have sky/satellite telly, its on there, no subscription card required. In fact, if you have a Irish sub you might need to take the card out. On a sky box its on channel 0144. R4 LW is on 0143

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭Jacovs

India win by 26 runs.

Good match today

Tomorrow should be a cracker too if Gayle gets going

• Advertisement

Probably too late for this game now, but fyi if you have sky/satellite telly, its on there, no subscription card required. In fact, if you have a Irish sub you might need to take the card out. On a sky box its on channel 0144. R4 LW is on 0143

Thanks but I'm looking for specifically online so that I can listen to it on my phone/on a computer during the day. I know I could potentially use a proxy site but I was hoping somebody knew of a site or somewhere which basically relayed the broadcast?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

07 June Pakistan v West Indies 10:30 The Oval, London

14 Runs and 2 Out - Go Go Go West indies-

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I use TuneIn Radio on my phone (Galaxy S3) and the Tunnelbear app. Tunnelbear costs €2 per month (paid for via the Android Play Store) but its worth it.

There are plenty of options available online if you are on a PC, which I wont get into on here!

Mods, apologies if this post goes against any rules. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing wrong with using an app like Tunnelbear (its freely available in the Android Play store), but if its not cricket so to speak then feel free to delete this post!

djimi wrote: »
    I use TuneIn Radio on my phone (Galaxy S3) and the Tunnelbear app. Tunnelbear costs €2 per month (paid for via the Android Play Store) but its worth it.

There are plenty of options available online if you are on a PC, which I wont get into on here!

Mods, apologies if this post goes against any rules. To the best of my knowledge there is nothing wrong with using an app like Tunnelbear (its freely available in the Android Play store), but if its not cricket so to speak then feel free to delete this post!

Yeah I have TuneIn Radio and all that, I was just hoping for a resolution that didn't involve paying for a reliable proxy, more like a stream a la all the sports streams of television broadcasts that are on the internet.

Yeah I have TuneIn Radio and all that, I was just hoping for a resolution that didn't involve paying for a reliable proxy, more like a stream a la all the sports streams of television broadcasts that are on the internet.

PM sent.

In other news, WTF is Ramdin doing claiming that catch in that innings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭For Paws

WI seem to be a little confused as to how they should go about getting 171 off 50 overs !
    If they had been asked to get 171 in a Twenty20 match then no problem !
    So far it's been a mess of an innings. 81 for 4 off 18.
    Let's see what the real KP can do !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Nice bit of commentators curse there on Sky. Michael Holding "34 runs needs with 5 wickets in hand shouldn't be a problem", not 2 seconds later Pollard edged it.
    I use tunlr.net. It's free and works with BBC live radio and tunein. Just need to change your DNS settings to those on this page.

Tidy win for England. Still, they'll need to play more positively earlier on in their innings if they are going to do well in the tournament, 270 should have been catchable.

Rascasse wrote: »
    Tidy win for England. Still, they'll need to play more positively earlier on in their innings if they are going to do well in the tournament, 270 should have been catchable.

England were not entirely convincing today but Australia have been woeful.....a painful shadow of a once great side

They'll have get Clarke off the operating table if they have to for them to be remotely competitive later this summer

SL v NZ today

The perennial finalists vs the perennial semi finalists ;)

I think NZ will do very well this year so it should be good match to watch

booth70 wrote: »
    SL v NZ today

The perennial finalists vs the perennial semi finalists ;)

I think NZ will do very well this year so it should be good match to watch

Some game that was. For such a low scoring game it was a classic. Southee batted well at the end seeing off Malinga. If England don't win the tournament (which is highly likely!) I hope the Kiwis win it this year.

It's been a cracking start to a much maligned tournament.....3 out of the first 4 matches have been crackers

Pak v SA today.....whoever loses today is almost certainly out

booth70 wrote: »
    It's been a cracking start to a much maligned tournament.....3 out of the first 4 matches have been crackers

Pak v SA today.....whoever loses today is almost certainly out

Pakistan is mostly out, the side who was not able to make 200 runs vs west indiess, how come they can survice the SA side who is more fierce in terms of bowling and batting

Pakistan must have been given 100 overs to reach the target have they? Plodding along, they aren't going to get anywhere near at this rate.

Pakistan must have been given 100 overs to reach the target have they? Plodding along, they aren't going to get anywhere near at this rate.

They wont even have reached the target with 100 overs as well, they got all out ^-^

• Advertisement

Eli Nich wrote: »
    Pakistan is mostly out, the side who was not able to make 200 runs vs west indiess, how come they can survice the SA side who is more fierce in terms of bowling and batting

With India on the verge of a comfortable victory against the Windies, Pakistan are definitely out

SA v WI on Friday now becomes a straight shootout for the 2nd semifinal place from this group

Trans-Tasman match today. Few things the Kiwi's would love to do more than send the Aussies packing.

Warner dropped due to this:
    ouCooq2.png
    Classy.

Yea ^^
    Warner, 26, has been dropped for Wednesday's Champions Trophy match against New Zealand. Source BBC.co.uk

Eli Nich wrote: »
    Yea ^^
    Warner, 26, has been dropped for Wednesday's Champions Trophy match against New Zealand. Source BBC.co.uk

He's been dropped until the first Ashes test!

With the number of zeros he's been making recently you would have thought he would have required all the batting in the middle to get into some kind of form before the Ashes;)

TBH I reckon Australia would have won yesterday's match against NZ if it wasn't for the rain

Despite conserving wickets at the top England are falling apart again in the final overs

Still have made enough and the bowling attack to win this comfortably I think

Stupid referral from Cook meant Morgan couldn't appeal that shocker of a decision he got (maybe not that much of a shocker but mildly irritating)

SL making a really good match out of this

128 to get in 18 overs......if this was a T20 SL would be favorites!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

That was one of the best innings in a long time by Sangakkara. Innings was full of class, the way he built his innings and always kept up the run rate.

Mahela played important role and sometimes you have to make out of the box decisions and thf to Lankans they did by sending Kulasekara up the order.

Now the last round of matches will be very interesting and the what should have been a classic match between India and Pak is nothing but a dead rubber with respect to Champions trophy but both teams hate to lose this one.

What a match today:)......Pollard had a brain fade there which means SA are through on Duckworth Lewis as the scores are tied!

After what happened to SA in the 2003 World Cup with Duckworth Lewis they'd be saying its about time one went their way!

Only the idiots at the ICC can explain why a 30 overs a side match with bad weather forecast all day needed a 30 minute mid-innings break:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Pollard lol, couldn't have happened to a better person.

Advertisement