Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ICC Champions Trophy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I got to feel sorry for Pakistan, guys like Malik, Farhat should be nowhere near the team. Absurd that Azhar and Umar did not make the squad for this.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

England ending their innings, as is fairly common with them, with a damp squib. Lost 7 wickets for 36 runs at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

England ending their innings, as is fairly common with them, with a damp squib. Lost 7 wickets for 36 runs at the end.

Aye but given the way they are bowling it looks like a very respectable effort with the bat. NZ all over the shop atm.

Big worry is the weather now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Lol at Bopara meticulously setting a field when everyone else was racing to get the overs completed.

Case for having someone else (Root) bowling some spin from the other end?

• Advertisement

Are England comfortably ahead with D/L? Wouldn't mind seeing the comparison now as we get near the 20 over mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

They should be well ahead of D/L considering the Kiwi's are only going at half the required rate.

Seemed a bit silly there from England, what were they appealing for?

Yeah, waste of a few mins for a pointless review. Though, the big lump of ran should have arrived by now so maybe in the clear weather wise.

Btw, Isn't Broad is such a dislikeable tool? That's two fours he's let through. Can you imagine if someone did that to him?

Rascasse wrote: »
    Yeah, waste of a few mins for a pointless review. Though, the big lump of ran should have arrived by now so maybe in the clear weather wise.

Btw, Isn't Broad is such a dislikeable tool? That's two fours he's let through. Can you imagine if someone did that to him?

I remember him absolutely hammering Monty during one series. Ripping into someone already low on confidence is rarely going to improve his performance. Can't stick him personally, he bowled pies against SL too.

• Advertisement

Starting to rain. D/L: Kiwi's need 135 at the end of the 20th with 5 down.

Starting to rain. D/L: Kiwi's need 135 at the end of the 20th with 5 down.

5 balls before we have a game and the Kiwi has gone down with cramp, I call shenanigans!!

Nasser thinks it's genuine. I have some magic beans I want to sell him.

Play or get off the field.

Does Bres have money on the Kiwi's?

19 sodding runs.

Heavy rain now please :pac:

Sigh of relief. Hopefully the Kiwis will sneak through as well.

Enjoyable enough once it got started. Does that mean Eng v SA in the semi's?

Enjoyable enough once it got started. Does that mean Eng v SA in the semi's?

Yeah If England win the group, play India If finish runners up

Sri Lanka scored 253 in their innings meaning Australia need 254 in 29.1 overs to qualify for semi's. They've next to no chance, but it'll be fun watching them try.

Edit: And if Aus score 164 or less Sri Lanka top the group

England get the all important top spot in group A making the semi's:

South Africa v England, Wednesday at The Oval
    India v Sri Lanka, Thursday at Cardiff

Rain forecast both days at the moment - if they can't get a result the group winner goes through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭booth70

England get the all important top spot in group A making the semi's:

South Africa v England, Wednesday at The Oval
    India v Sri Lanka, Thursday at Cardiff

Rain forecast both days at the moment - if they can't get a result the group winner goes through.

Its been a really good Champions trophy so far with some great matches

The two semi-finals rightly feature the best 4 teams in the competition....hopefully the weather will not influence the results

Here is my two cents worth ...... India v South Africa in the final :)

booth70 wrote: »

The two semi-finals rightly feature the best 4 teams in the competition....hopefully the weather will not influence the results

Think the bookies will probably agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

booth70 wrote: »

1st part is right but what I am expecting is England vs India , Or Sri Lanka might really turn the table they are capable of doing that

England were superb with the ball but SA were dire today

The 9th wkt stand gives SA some hope but they don't have Steyn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Stan James emailed me to say I had 8.20 in my account from forever ago. Just took SA at 8/1 to win, clearly England are heavy favourites but I still think 8/1 represents good value.

Very comfortable win for England in the end, losing Steyn and Morkel was a massive blow to SA chances. Looking forward to final now, think England fans will be outnumbered for the final if India get there.

How long is the Sri Lankan anthem??? It'll be raining again before it finishes.

All over for Sri Lanka. Perera out early was bad enough but they haven't a hope with Dilshan retiring hurt.

England vs India it is then in the final this Sunday

If it is going to be anything like this match..... http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/66292.html

OR

even this match......http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/engine/match/433568.html

It will be an occasion to savour:)

Dhawan is due a failure according to the law of averages and India's middle order has not been tested yet this tournament....England's bowling attack will always win matches for them

Too close to call methinks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

I think the home team are likely to win.

Advertisement