Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you a male teenager.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,221 ✭✭✭NuckingFacker

I don't recognise one of these. Pringle sweaters-they obviously aren't from the fancy tayto crowd?
    :o so probably just me who's mates were 1980s football hooligans so.. if it's any help, "Casual" was pretty much the look for the equivalent 1980's teenager - much like the Chavsters of today, only more stylish, well, IMO. If you didn't have a Pringle, a Lyle and Scott would do. And Lacoste made your Polo t-shirt if Fred Perry didn't. The Diadoras were non-negotiable though and Farah was where it was at. Basically, taking old-lads golf clothes and ruffing the look up. Fighting was a part of the look, the Chelsea smilers and inter-city crews were casuals. Plenty of lads got turned over for their Diadoras as they were very expensive - at one stage if you bought them instead of took them off someone, you were a bit of a cissy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Fatman pants are the greatest things ever to wear. I dont own any other tracksuit bottoms anymore.

Feels great taking off the jeans after work and putting on a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

What are "fatman pants"? Google implies they're just generic tracksuit bottoms so I'm none the wiser. Is it a brand? Tbh, I'd find this trend of using stupid names for ordinary items far more pathetic than teens following the fashion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

What are "fatman pants"? Google implies they're just generic tracksuit bottoms so I'm none the wiser. Is it a brand? Tbh, I'd find this trend of using stupid names for ordinary items far more pathetic than teens following the fashion.

Fat man pants are cotton elasticated pants, which doesn't roll off the tongue quite well hence "fat man pants". They're made by the usual sports clothing manufacturers.

They're normally grey and normally worn by college students, athletes or anyone else who appreciates the importance of comfort after a long day of doing whatever.

The internet tells me they may be known as "fleece pants" (not sure if they're the exact same).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭Fox_In_Socks

Seachmall wrote: »
    Fat man pants are cotton elasticated pants, which doesn't roll off the tongue quite well hence "fat man pants". They're made by the usual sports clothing manufacturers.

They're normally grey and normally worn by college students, athletes or anyone else who appreciates the importance of comfort after a long day of doing whatever.

The internet tells me they may be known as "fleece pants" (not sure if they're the exact same).

But what are they, really?

And why is the sky blue?

• Advertisement

But what are they, really?
    They're soft, free-flowing leg huggers sent by the Lord Jesus Christ himself.
    And why is the sky blue?
    It's sick because it doesn't have fat man pants to keeps it's legs warm.

Also, it doesn't have any legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭Aspiring

Lads was it just me or was every scumbag wearing those life jacket type jackets without the sleeves this year. I dunno how to describe them but ya no what I mean they look like ya pump them up with a bike pump all puffy.

They're soft, free-flowing leg huggers sent by the Lord Jesus Christ himself.

Praise be! And in a parley that ev'n simple folk like me can ken.:pac: I thankee!

It's sick because it doesn't have fat man pants to keeps it's legs warm.

Also, it doesn't have any legs.

That damn sky's gonna catch a mischief when ole Georgie comes a knockin', mark it so!

Aspiring wrote: »
    Lads was it just me or was every scumbag wearing those life jacket type jackets without the sleeves this year. I dunno how to describe them but ya no what I mean they look like ya pump them up with a bike pump all puffy.

You're so jealous because you don't drive a DeLorean

http://www.banalleakage.com/images/marty-mcfly.png

You're so jealous because you don't drive a DeLorean

http://www.banalleakage.com/images/marty-mcfly.png

THAT'S THEM MOTHER****ER the exact ones. People be looking ridiculous in these jackets. It was snowing and a lad had this on but no sleeves. Just bare arms. Why, just why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Grey trackies? Don't hipsters wear tight jeans?

You're thinking of gay hipsters.

I think they wear chinos.

Fashion is so hard to follow these days. Can't we all just grow mullets and wear leather jackets again?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

You're thinking of gay hipsters.

Are you trying to infer that there are straight hipsters?

Are you trying to infer that there are straight hipsters?

Some are in the denial stage, it's a lengthy process for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Yes, I am a male teenager
    No, I'm wearing my dark blue skinny jeans
    No, I have my DC's on at the moment
    I have hair that's about halfway between the bottom of my ears and my shoulders.

So, no I'm not one of these creatures you're describing. I'm worse.

I have hair that's about halfway between the bottom of my ears and my shoulders.

Why skinny jeans, just why?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I was apprehensive at first too, but I said I'd give them a go just to see what'd happen. Picked up a young wan the first night I wore them, and haven't taken them off since ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

I went into pennies when I flew into dublin for the weekend to get a cheap pair of jeans for a night out and out of the huge selection or pants in there id say it must have been 60% chinos, 20% skinny jeans 10% straighcut and about 5% bootcut and the rest other mixes.

Bring back bootcut!!!

garv123 wrote: »
    I went into pennies when I flew into dublin for the weekend to get a cheap pair of jeans for a night out and out of the huge selection or pants in there id say it must have been 60% chinos, 20% skinny jeans 10% straighcut and about 5% bootcut and the rest other mixes.

Bring back bootcut!!!

Don't see as much chinos floating around anymore. Mustn't be scumbag fashion anymore haha.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

It's not of this world.....it's from the other side!

You don't wear the jeans...till them come callin'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

Fatman pants - AKA - Junkie Pants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Now I want a Walnut Whip.
    Can you still get those?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I seen 3 saps like that yesterday. All wearing grey bottoms usually with some **** blue top. And they complain about wearing school uniforms yet they all dress the same as their mates.

And they complain about wearing school uniforms yet they all dress the same as their mates.

Perhaps they dress the same as their mates because them and their mates share common interests, including fashion, and so choose to wear comparable clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

Perhaps they dress the same as their mates because them and their mates share common interests, including fashion, and so choose to wear comparable clothes.

Perhaps. But sometimes there's zero difference. It kind of mocks individuality, something I appreciate.

Not on GTAF anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Teenage boys always looked like prats, did they not? To be perfectly honest I haven't been taking much notice lately, largely because of these utterly wonderful Daisy Duke short-shorts that seem to be fashionable among shapely young ladies these days. ;)

Perhaps. But sometimes there's zero difference. It kind of mocks individuality, something I appreciate.
    Being an individual doesn't require a unique fashion sense.
    Not on GTAF anymore?
    Jesus, that's random. Someone asked me the same thing a couple of months ago on a different site. Haven't been there in years (although I might have popped back once or twice to get updates on the latest GTA).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

...Jesus, that's random...

It may well be, but the current teenage practice of (mis-)using the word "random" is, in fact, pseudorandom.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    It may well be, but the current teenage practice of (mis-)using the word "random" is, in fact, pseudorandom.

As a determinist I suggest psuedorandom is the only form of random so their interchangeable use is entirely justifiable.

Advertisement