Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Semitic Graffiti on AIB Docklands HQ

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

rockbeast wrote: »
    Ah, shure we probably deserved it, for not sayin' our prayurs, like:o

O we said the prayers, but they were to the wrong Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Nodin wrote: »
    O we said the prayers, but they were to the wrong Jesus.

My RE teacher in school once asked what I'd say if I met Jesus. I replied "JESUS CHRIST!" . He threw me out of the class. B'stard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

steddyeddy wrote: »
    However wrote this probrably did mean this to be anti semitic but their intelligence is more an embarrasment to themselves rather than an embarrassment to the Jewish people, who as a people have endured more than most people or races.

this kind of kneejerk response annoys me,

all this statement really does is diminish the suffering and misery of many other peoples.

what about the poles, or the ukranians, or the roma, they also felt the evil jackboot in ww2

or the american natives driven to extinction or near extinction

or maybe the australan aboriginees , many people of irish descent were directly involved in the holocaust organized against them

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Only on AH could the meaningless disjointed scrawlings of some random looper spark a 7 page debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

Only on AH could the meaningless disjointed scrawlings of some random looper spark a 7 page debate.

Thanks for the "push for 8":pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Well at least they're not blaming the bears again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

How anyone in Ireland could hate Jews is beyond me. It's like hating Native Americans. When are you ever running into them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuune!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

How anyone in Ireland could hate Jews is beyond me. It's like hating Native Americans. When are you ever running into them?
    Anti semitism on the internet is cool. Looks kinda bad-ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Tattoos look bad-ass. Internet conspiracy-racism just makes you look like a loon, or so I thought. I must be out of the loop.

dunno, seems that most of the trend young people are seeking their kudos for blindly defending the Israeli aparthid state and decrying anyone who speaks out against it as an evil antisemite.

as has been said repeatedly antiZionism and antisemitisim are not the same thing, one is an irrational hatred for an entire group of people, and one is a case of disliking people who are cnuts because they do shtty things

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    dunno, seems that most of the trend young people are seeking their kudos for blindly defending the Israeli aparthid state and decrying anyone who speaks out against it as an evil antisemite.
    Yeh there's that too. Which bandwagon could I jump on if I were a teenager...? I'll be awake all night tonight trying to figure that one out... :(

Yeh there's that too. Which bandwagon could I jump on if I were a teenager...? I'll be awake all night tonight trying to figure that one out... :(

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=qyIQHCOCtGk&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DqyIQHCOCtGk

Seriously though, this graffiti is of course anti-semitic but I disagree that whoever is responsible is automatically a nazi. They could be muslim as suggested. But more than likely just eejit kids who think they're being really rebellious by buying all that zionist conspiracy sh-te.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

endacl wrote: »
    Off topic, but the best I ever saw was 'My fella looks like Larry out of U2' on a wall near the North Lotts.

There ain't no comedy like accidental comedy...
    A good while back at the start of the boom there was one in Irishtown , "Yuppie free zone"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Back when there were three Jewish TDs it was one from FF , one from FG ,and one from Labour

<cue spooky music>

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭rOBeRt frETt

ffs, first world problems - what a bunch of windbags, what about IRA and Brits out graffiti everywhere? lioke, the silence is deafening Finton oww ma gawd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Seriously though, this graffiti is of course anti-semitic but I disagree that whoever is responsible is automatically a nazi. They could be muslim as suggested. But more than likely just eejit kids who think they're being really rebellious by buying all that zionist conspiracy sh-te.

I doubt muslims are going to be saying “Jewish supremacist destruction of indigenous Europeans”. Thats the cry of a different bird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I've seen this sh*t scrawled all over walls in Spain. I'd be willing to bet that the people doing it don't have the first idea of what they're talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Ush1 wrote: »
    If I'm opposed to Obamas policies I could be a racist.

Do you oppose any of Obama's policies?

Seeing as he is mixed race, I wouldn't rule out you being racist against blacks or whites.

I'm keeping a close eye on you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

OK, we are making progress here, and are close to solving this case.

We have narrowed it down to
    1. Nazis
    2. Muslims
    3. Eejit kids trying to be rebellious
    4. Trolls

The investigation should be focused on these four groups, and known local ringleaders should be taken in for questioning.

Certainly anyone who belongs to 2 or more of the above groupings should be considered a suspect.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

IM0 wrote: »
    and?

What a retarded post. You might as well have posted nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭blackwhite

this kind of kneejerk response annoys me,

all this statement really does is diminish the suffering and misery of many other peoples.

what about the poles, or the ukranians, or the roma, they also felt the evil jackboot in ww2

or the american natives driven to extinction or near extinction

or maybe the australan aboriginees , many people of irish descent were directly involved in the holocaust organized against them

And the mask slips.....

The post you quoted mention the Jews having suffered more than most, not more than anyone else.

Taking issue with Israel's "security" policies or with radical Zionism is fine - but repeating one of the many mantras of holocaust deniers is a good sign of general anti-Jewish sentiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Not nazism, anti-zionism, Im sick of this defence of Jews, like they are poor victims in this world.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Anti-zionism is opposing Israel's expansionism into Gaza and the West Bank, or even (in some cases) opposing the State of Israel's existence.

Anti-semitism is general hatred, or incitement to hatred of Jews. That would include claiming global Jewish conspiracies - and is what was scrawled across the Anglo building.

One is an acceptable viewpoint - not one that everyone will agree with, but acceptable nonetheless - the other is abhorrent and is just racism.

Either you don't understand the difference between the two; or else you are guilty of the second....

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Toshi101

blackwhite wrote: »
    And the mask slips.....

The post you quoted mention the Jews having suffered more than most, not more than anyone else.

Taking issue with Israel's "security" policies or with radical Zionism is fine - but repeating one of the many mantras of holocaust deniers is a good sign of general anti-Jewish sentiment.
    when did I become a holocaust denied? if anything I am trying to highlight the multitude of other holocausts perpetrated throughout history.

i'm not saying that the jews didn't suffer, just that others too have suffered injustice, many worse and with more permanent lasting damage to the peoples involved

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

as has been said repeatedly antiZionism and antisemitisim are not the same thing, one is an irrational hatred for an entire group of people, and one is a case of disliking people who are cnuts because they do shtty things

In theory yeah, in reality nope.

We have people who have valid objective political criticism for Israel, like any other country or situation.

Then we have those who are passionate about the Israel - Palestinian situation, often on one side, that's fine too.

Then we have those who are too smart to blame "the Jews" for everything, so they insert "Zionists" instead, the Zionist newspapers, the Zionist settlers, the Zionists IDF, the smirking Zionist lobbyists in America, hoarding their dirty Zionist gold..

An all too convenient subjective classification :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Jonny7 wrote: »
    In theory yeah, in reality nope.

We have people who have valid objective political criticism for Israel, like any other country or situation.

Then we have those who are passionate about the Israel - Palestinian situation, often on one side, that's fine too.

Then we have those who are too smart to blame "the Jews" for everything, so they insert "Zionists" instead, the Zionist newspapers, the Zionist settlers, the Zionists IDF, the smirking Zionist lobbyists in America, hoarding their dirty Zionist gold..

An all too convenient subjective classification :)

The Israel - Palestine situation IS Zionism.

Advertisement