Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti Semitic Graffiti on AIB Docklands HQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

This kind of silliness is something we don't need. Whoever did that graffiti, needs to sort themselves out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Such a weird thing for an Irish person to focus on. We have around 5 jews living here and it's unlikely these guys have met any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Robbo wrote: »
    Well, it was hardly the Mexicans, was it?

Or maybe it was and you can't prove otherwise. Oh god, they're on to me.

No clue. I haven't seen many Nazi rallies or anything around, last time I was in Cork there was a protest outside Tescos saying to boycott Israel and they had Palestine flags. Maybe it was them?

Whatabboutery I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭conorhal

Ush1 wrote: »
    Ironic considering you don't know who daubed it.

How do you know it wasn't someone irked about the middle east exactly? It would be certainly more topical for one thing. I would consider a moron looking for a reaction quite different that someone with an agenda and serious "Nazi" beliefs.

Well, it doesn't mention to middle-east for starters, and the fact that it's daubed on a failed bank would line up with the Neo-Nazi conspiracy nonsense about Jews controlling the world.

And when did it become not ok to bash a Nazi for feck sake, you must really hate that biggoted Indiana Jones fella, it's PC gone MMaaaaDD I tell ya!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

...and that's the thread plunging towards a middle-East style quagmire, detracting from the main issue at hand; morons who think that the Protocols of the Elders of Zion is distributed at all barmitzvahs.

Whataboutery truly is the nuclear option for organised thread spoiling.
    The issue is the defacement of state owned property.

We have rights to free speech in this country unless I've missed a memo.

Perhaps they could be tried under some sort of hatred incitement law but I'm not sure we even do that here.

Now had they used different wording then they could have had the blasphemy law thrown at them.

Or maybe some evil zionist organisation exists and has copyrighted those words and could sue them for infringement. (All joking aside copyright here is up to €127,000 fine and/or 5 years (ie. citizens arrest territory) and Scientology do use copyright as a weapon )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

conorhal wrote: »
    Well, it doesn't mention to middle-east for starters, and the fact that it's daubed on a failed bank would line up with the Neo-Nazi conspiracy nonsense about Jews controlling the world.

And when did it become not ok to bash a Nazi for feck sake, you must really hate that biggoted Indiana Jones fella, it's PC gone MMaaaaDD I tell ya!

Antisemitic propaganda from the middle east doesn't look a whole lot different from anywhere else, why would it have to mention the middle east?

Again, Nazis don't have the monopoly on antisemitism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Broadsheat

What have the IPSC got to say about this despicable display of hatred?

I've been trying to contact them all morning for comment and still no reply. This is their chance to stop burning Israeli flags and prove they're not all Jew-haters.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

twinQuins wrote: »
    If they're crowing about Jews running a worldwide conspiracy I think that's a pretty good indicator the person is a Nazi. Or a run-of-the-mill conspiracy nut but I've never heard of them vandalising property with these slogans.

nazism was about more than jew hating. And being anti zionist is just being against the state of israel. These people are anti-semetic because they are blaming a financial meltdown on a race of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Well, it was hardly the Mexicans, was it?

Here we go... another 'Mexicans are lazy' insult from a blue eyed white devil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Meritocracy Wins

People really need to understand their ism's on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

People think this is propaganda? Its the truth

Defending against radical zionism is important, and curse anyone who calls someone with the guts to stand up against it a nazi. Do your research people, the truth is not as clear cut as you think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's nearly gone. Fastest I've ever seen something cleaned up in Dublin.

Defending against radical zionism is important, and curse anyone who calls someone with the guts to stand up against it a nazi. Do your research people, the truth is not as clear cut as you think

Puke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭tigger123

Troll? Alert??

tigger123 wrote: »
    Troll? Alert??

Don't think it's a troll, just a person with a different view point.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭JD DABA

Yawn ...... bit of paint remover by the facilities manager .... next whinge story.

who would have thought there'd be a few idiot extremists in a city of 1 million.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

kneemos wrote: »
    Smash H Blocks was as political as it got in my day.

NO STRIP SEARCHES IN ARMAGH JAILS was always a classic as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

The great irony: our financial mess is more down to Germany than Jews.

scopper wrote: »

Thats Germanist

scopper wrote: »

It's down to greed by a small percentage of people, aided by incompetence of others.

• Advertisement

I wonder if people would be so upset if the words "stop American financial terrorism" or "Chinese engineered global financial holocaust” were spray painted instead? Why are people always so upset if Jews get mentioned?

I wonder if people would be so upset if the words "stop American financial terrorism" or "Chinese engineered global financial holocaust” were spray painted instead? Why are people always so upset if Jews get mentioned?

'Cos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

You'll find most people get annoyed when racists scapegoat a group of people for no reason other than stupidity.

'Cos :)
    Its because the holocaust is pushed in your face.

People immediately associate Jews with the suffering of the holocaust, and as such, treat any "wrongdoing" against them as more severe than any other religious group. The Jews aren't a race, remember that people. They are a group of people who share similar beliefs, thats all.

Its because the holocaust is pushed in your face.

People immediately associate Jews with the suffering of the holocaust, and as such, treat any "wrongdoing" against them as more severe than any other religious group. The Jews aren't a race, remember that people. They are a group of people who share similar beliefs, thats all.

It's because the more reasoned among us will identify an agenda for what it is.

In my country there is problem.
    And that problem is graffiti.

They paint words everywhere.
    Because Dublin is dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,863 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Broadsheat wrote: »
    What have the IPSC got to say about this despicable display of hatred?

I've been trying to contact them all morning for comment and still no reply. This is their chance to stop burning Israeli flags and prove they're not all Jew-haters.

*Limp wrist gesture*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭rockbeast

life was so much simpler when it was just Jackeens Vs Culchies

Zebra3 wrote: »
    *Limp wrist gesture*

Would you prefer a straight arm gesture?

• Advertisement

rockbeast wrote: »
    life was so much simpler when it was just Jackeens Vs Culchies

Yes that was a great victory.

Advertisement